The Paradigm Speaker Owners Thread

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
How do Paradigm Premier compare to SVS Ultra lineup for Movies and room coverage, presense, being lively, imaging and quality.

I know the obvious that it beats SVS in detail and clarity as well as accuracy. But how will these compare for Movies.

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
Is there a paradigm dealer near you that you could audition the premiers at?? Also SVS has a great return policy so I would recommend auditioning the premiers and then order the ultras and see which one u like more. Maybe some people here have experience with both speakers however the best way is to experience them yourself.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Is there a paradigm dealer near you that you could audition the premiers at?? Also SVS has a great return policy so I would recommend auditioning the premiers and then order the ultras and see which one u like more. Maybe some people here have experience with both speakers however the best way is to experience them yourself.
43920, Ohio

Please let me know if any Paradigm dealer is nearby. He would like to go out and test.
Currently don't even have a receiver. So him purchasing Speakers to audition is not possible. He will purchase the Receiver during Black Friday sale and purchase Speakers during same time if they go on sale.

Last edited:
KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Audio Etc... Retailer 551 Congress Park Dr. Dayton, OH 45459 (SVS Ultra, JBL, Klipsch)
Sound and Vision Ohio 28700 Chagrin Boulevard Beachwood, OH 44122 Contact Numbers Tel: 216.292.0300 (Paradigm, Klipsch)

But have to confirm if the Speakers are on Display or not. They are shown to be available.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Audio Etc... Retailer 551 Congress Park Dr. Dayton, OH 45459 (SVS Ultra, JBL, Klipsch)
Sound and Vision Ohio 28700 Chagrin Boulevard Beachwood, OH 44122 Contact Numbers Tel: 216.292.0300 (Paradigm, Klipsch)

But have to confirm if the Speakers are on Display or not. They are shown to be available.
Demo is the way to go, you have to live with them for the next X amount of years. If you do decide to go with Paradigm, I would be happy to introduce you to my audio dealer (IL) who will ship out of state and give a great deal when you are ready to buy if you local guy won't budge much.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Demo is the way to go, you have to live with them for the next X amount of years. If you do decide to go with Paradigm, I would be happy to introduce you to my audio dealer (IL) who will ship out of state and give a great deal when you are ready to buy if you local guy won't budge much.
Thank you very much. Will let you know.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
If someone is in the market for Founder 120H, was browsing USAudio Mart and this is a killer deal.

Paradigm Founder 120H Photo #3501274 - US Audio Mart

I heard these speakers which are a trickeldown from their Persona 9h and the bass will shake your insides lol. I don't mind powered subs in my speakers, but that may be a deal breaker for some even with their arc room coorection.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
If someone is in the market for Founder 120H, was browsing USAudio Mart and this is a killer deal.

Paradigm Founder 120H Photo #3501274 - US Audio Mart

I heard these speakers which are a trickeldown from their Persona 9h and the bass will shake your insides lol. I don't mind powered subs in my speakers, but that may be a deal breaker for some even with their arc room coorection.
Even if he got $2k off of retail, that's a lot of money to try a speaker for 1 week! :rolleyes:

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Even if he got $2k off of retail, that's a lot of money to try a speaker for 1 week! :rolleyes:
I am curiuos if its a dealer trying to sell inventory, you would think his dealer would take back in that short a window.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I am curious if its a dealer trying to sell inventory, you would think his dealer would take back in that short a window.
It does seem to be a rather low price for a speaker that's in relatively short supply. AudioMart says it's his first post. I would approach that deal with caution. Curious to see if it sells and the seller gets positive feedback.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
It does seem to be a rather low price for a speaker that's in relatively short supply. AudioMart says it's his first post. I would approach that deal with caution. Curious to see if it sells and the seller gets positive feedback.
It's in my state, I have had great luck selling on USAudiomart. As long as the seller can provide proof of purchase from an authorized reseller that can be verified. I only know of one Paradigm dealer that is close by that location.

Wow droped to 5K that is insane, would definitly give me pause to think the deal is legit

Last edited:
L

latapx

Audioholic Intern
All i know is that if he is listening to them on the floor like that, they will sound like poop! They Founder series towers have a port at the bottom of the speaker. i wish I could have scooped up 120H for $5k...that what I paid for my 100F!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
He updated the ad with a little more info Oct.26. Says they "don't match our new house". This is looking more legit and is a real steal.

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
Wish these were available before I got my 100fs.....Day late and a dollar short. Story of my life....

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
Anyone running the monolith htp1 with thier paradigms? Looking into upgrading to a pre/pro and the htp1 is on the short list.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum
  • They did a pretty thorough review of the unit, I am sure there have been firmware updates since then.
  • Are you are planning to run 16 speakers?
If not, there are other options you might want to consider:

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor) | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum
  • The same guy who got you the deal on your speakers I am sure will deal on this unit. Dirac is great but ARC is no slouch either.
  • I think it's overpriced but will give you the option to upgrade to HDMI 2.1 with future update. Again overpriced to do it
You can also go with a higher end model Denon/Marantz receiver and just use pre-outs, you will see on the gram the 8500 measures better than most every pre pro. That being said I am in the camp that I don't want all those amps/heat in my equipment if I am going to use separate amps.

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
I wouldn't normally want 16 speakers....but if I had a processor for that many speakers then I feel like I'd have a goal! 10.1.6?

G

Gabor25

Audiophyte
OK fellow Paradigm owners.
I'm a newbie to the forum but NOT to Paradigm.
My first set was a pair of Studio Reference 80s from 1996!
Since then I have owned two versions the Studio 100s(still the best IMO,but they were heavy and big!!)
Over the years-some early monitors,ADPs,Atoms, the cc-350, and even some cheap outdoor MIC speakers(lousy...)

Presently, have a pair of Premier 85s and the Defiance X12 for my two channel McIntosh based system.
I dunno...the early low end Anthem separates I bought back in 2000 might have sounded better than my present McIntosh (MA252).

Here is what I would like to ask the group:

I'm configuring a 5.1 HT for our new house.

What Paradigms would you recommend?.Disclaimer: I originally sought out Paradigm back in 1995 for their affordable cost/quality factor.So I'm not interested in the Persona series which IMO,is overpriced for the look/sound.

thanks !

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
The prestige 85fs are good imo if you want to build a HT around them. The best price/performance for HT only might be the premier 800fs and 600c. The founders are GREAT but not cheap. I use my founder 100fs for music and HT, they are VERY good to me but I was coming from the monitor series before I upgraded. You may not notice a huge upgrade from the 85fs u have now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis