The Paradigm Speaker Owners Thread

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Midnight cherry. Will definitely post pics and my humble opinions. Unless I win the lottery these will be my last speakers. Few more upgrades other places and I'm done.
Have you received them yet?

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
No. It feels like it's been 3 months but it's only been 3 weeks. The dealer checked when I bought them and there werent any in stock at the warehouse except in walnut so he said it could be a while. I'll post as soon as I get them.

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
Update: my order should be in beginning of September. These next two weeks are gonna feel like 2 years

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I was talking to Lee about TVs last week and he said that they Paradigm totally underestimated the demand for these speakers. I hate waiting for stuff LOL

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
I just received notice that they shipped. Will be here Wednesday!!! It's about to go down! I'll add pics and my initial thoughts soon. Beyond excited!

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
Set up th founder 100fs and 90c today. Didn't have time to calibrate anything. Initial thoughts are they are great looking speakers in person. The finish is very good everything just goes together very well aesthetically. The 90c is a beast! That is a big center speaker and so far the sound is big as well. I've only watched the race scene from ready player one but difference from my old center 3 was apparent right away. Listened to a few songs in 2 channel and my God these things are so clear. Vocals sound great, tried about 6 songs from 6 different genres and the 100fs just sounded great all around. Couldn't be happier so far.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Have to like it when your speakers appreciate in value LOL.

Paradigm increased the price of my Persona 3Fs by $999 per speaker, which is insane. At least the Persona C only went up $499.

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
After a few days of listening and calibration here is my humble opinion. I ran through audyssey and played with the placement up front. The 100fs seemed happier away from the walls in my room and not so much toe in as you see in the pics above. I now understand what a large sound stage really means! The 100fs are good at most things but if you want a large sound stage they are fantastic! These have taught me alot about what type of sound I like, and shud I ever get another speaker big sound stage is number 1. Do I think the 100fs do everything great...no. I just really like what they do really well. Hopefully shadyJ will get to review these some day, I can't wait to hear what he thinks of them. Oh and the 90c is just ridiculous, it's not even fair, I don't know the fancy words to describe it other than it makes my old center3 seem like a $59 Walmart soundbar. I almost went with the 70LCR but really glad I didnt. So I guess it's needless to say that these are significantly better than my monitor 11v7s but for the price one should expect that, and since I never did audition them before I bought them, I'm really happy that what they seem to do best happens to coincide with what I really enjoy in a speaker.

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
Damn they're beautiful speakers congratulations
Thank you! The pictures really don't do them justice. The wife, who could care less about this stuff and gave me a lot of passive aggressive "I still can't believe you spent THAT much on a speaker" comments, even admitted they look awesome.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Thank you! The pictures really don't do them justice. The wife, who could care less about this stuff and gave me a lot of passive aggressive "I still can't believe you spent THAT much on a speaker" comments, even admitted they look awesome.
Honestly It's the best finish Paradigm has done, I really like that color

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They are great looking speakers! I just love those curved cabinets.

Y

Yogi52

Audiophyte
It’s not on the floor. It’s in shelf just below the beware

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis