Some words regarding Neal Young removing his music from Spotify.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Im curious guys isn't a thread like this supposed to be in the Steam Vent? What's it doing in general AV discussions? Enjoying people's feedback I don't listen to Spotify and I've never taken Rogan seriously he does have interesting guests and conversations. But that's as far as it goes. In his defense Rogan would likely tell you he's the last person to take life advice from. With Neal it's his music he has a right to do with it what he wants.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Im curious guys isn't a thread like this supposed to be in the Steam Vent? What's it doing in general AV discussions? Enjoying people's feedback I don't listen to Spotify and I've never taken Rogan seriously he does have interesting guests and conversations. But that's as far as it goes. In his defense Rogan would likely tell you he's the last person to take life advice from. With Neil it's his music he has a right to do with it what he wants.
What? This isn't on the Vent?
Good catch.
Sterling... WTF! :p ;)

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Some how the wheels came off the wagon.
The excuses start at 1.45...

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Joe Rogan even though I have no idea why he is the way he is but he is a really, really funny comedian. Dude made me piss my pants. Again I don't him now with his podcast but man is he funny with standup.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
There are certainly plenty of people who have rather strange beliefs. There are a lot of ways to slice the vaccination data. The CDC estimates that 87.6% of adults in the U.S. have gotten at least one dose. The hard core antivaxxers are a fringe group.

Flat earthers are even more fringy:

"firm belief in a flat Earth was rare, with less than a 2 percent acceptance rate in all age groups."

I wouldn't say it's literally overtaken the country.
Hard core anti-vaxxers? I know of no such group. Some segments of the population have been falsely described by leftist media as anti-vaxxers but the truth is this segment is not at all against getting vaccinated, they're against forced and coerced government mandates for vaccination.

The Supreme Court of the United States has come to the aid of those who believe mandates to be unconstitutional, having so far struck down these mandates, except those made from hospital administrations for employees to be vaccinated.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Hard core anti-vaxxers? I know of no such group. Some segments of the population have been falsely described by leftist media as anti-vaxxers but the truth is this segment is not at all against getting vaccinated, they're against forced and coerced mandates for vaccination. The Supreme Court of the United States has come to the aid of those who believe mandates to be unconstitutional having so far struck down these mandates, except for hospit governmental administration's which have mandated that employees be vaccinated.
For the second time today I invoke Brandolini’s law.

Good thing you did not post this in the Corona thread where we try to have facts based posts and otherwise be grounded to reality however tenuously. You’ll notice that this view is shared across the political spectrum.

Last edited:
SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
First Neil and now this......

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The Supreme Court of the United States has come to the aid of those who believe mandates to be unconstitutional, having so far struck down these mandates, except those made from hospital administrations for employees to be vaccinated.
You may want to consider actually reading the Supreme Court opinions.

Just a thought.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You may want to consider actually reading the Supreme Court opinions.

Just a thought.
You are confusing reading with understanding, just saying. ;)

I myself have just read synopsis of the judgements (sorry, opinions) from well known extreme leftist rag head anti-Christ sites like politico.com

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
In his defense Rogan would likely tell you he's the last person to take life advice from.
He says that all the time. "Don't just assume I know what I'm talking about or listen to me. I'm just a moron with a microphone. I'm not qualified to give advice.". He says it very often.

I'm curious how many people here have actually listened to his stance on this? He's had pro-vax experts and doctors on his podcast too. He had lots of questions and let them state their facts. He may not totally agree but he doesn't just have anti-vaxxers on his show and offers equal time to either side. He just got fact checked and proved wrong on his own show about covid vaccinations by Josh Zepps in a recent podcast.

I dunno. I don't listen to his podcasts as often as I used to because I don't have Spotify, but I've known of Joe since the early UFC days and his comedy career. He was on a fairly popular sitcom with Andy lord helmet and Phil Hartman a ways back too. Yes, he's a comedian. In fact if you were to ask him he'd say he's that first and foremost before anything else. It's his first love.

For the record I'm not an anti-vaxxer, not at all. I have been a Rogan fan for over 20 years tho. I haven't heard everything he's been saying, but have listened to a couple of more recent podcasts, one in particular about covid with Dr Sanjay Gupta where the good Dr tells him to stfu and get his covid shot, lol. In general tho, Joe seems like a pretty stand up guy who's usually open to being proven wrong.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
He says that all the time. "Don't just assume I know what I'm talking about or listen to me. I'm just a moron with a microphone. I'm not qualified to give advice.". He says it very often.

I'm curious how many people here have actually listened to his stance on this? He's had pro-vax experts and doctors on his podcast too. He had lots of questions and let them state their facts. He may not totally agree but he doesn't just have anti-vaxxers on his show and offers equal time to either side. He just got fact checked and proved wrong on his own show about covid vaccinations by Josh Zepps in a recent podcast.

I dunno. I don't listen to his podcasts as often as I used to because I don't have Spotify, but I've known of Joe since the early UFC days and his comedy career. He was on a fairly popular sitcom with Andy lord helmet and Phil Hartman a ways back too. Yes, he's a comedian. In fact if you were to ask him he'd say he's that first and foremost before anything else. It's his first love.

For the record I'm not an anti-vaxxer, not at all. I have been a Rogan fan for over 20 years tho. I haven't heard everything he's been saying, but have listened to a couple of more recent podcasts, one in particular about covid with Dr Sanjay Gupta where the good Dr tells him to stfu and get his covid shot, lol. In general tho, Joe seems like a pretty stand up guy who's usually open to being proven wrong.
I've always liked that he gives so many people on all sides time on his podcast. I've enjoyed listening to a lot of different perspectives because of that.

Yeah I don't understand why anyone would take life advice from him. He constantly will say he's an idiot when it comes to all sorts of subjects. I mean this is a guy who has had people on there going off on how aliens are real theories Lol.

Pretty clear he just likes talking to people all sorts of different people and hearing what they have to say

I don't hear his show much either anymore I don't have a Spotify account either

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I might need to catch up some more with what Rogan's been saying to see what the new hubbub is about, but from what I have heard I wouldn't say I think of him as a straight up anti-vaxxer. I'm sure he vaxed his kids with the usual polio, etc stuff we all had as kids. He just has as lot of questions about this one wrt to the very few who've had negative reactions and the fact it's been rushed out the way it has.

Btw the negative reaction he's most concerned about, the risk of myocarditis being induced by the vaccine is what he got fact checked on. He was wrong about the statistics. The risk of myocarditis being induced by covid itself is almost double or triple than the risk of getting it from the vaccination. Joe had it almost backwards, Josh called him out and they looked up receipts. Joe did get a little bit weasely about it on the show, but to his credit he tweeted later that he was wrong and thanked josh for calling him out.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I've read em all.
I figured this issue would come up sooner or later.

I'll start a thread for this in the steam vent.

I think we can at least agree that that is more appropriate forum for discussions of vaccine mandates.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
First Neil and now this......

Breaking News: We have an update to this story. We can all rest easier tonight. I couldn't smile without him

1643407793994.png

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
People certainly are too stupid. It's why we only have 68% of people vaccinated. This is country for some odd reason is very susceptible to stupidity and listen to most ignorant. These people turn their back on scientists, doctors, experts and anyone with a degree. The same idiots that's think the Earth is flat. We are F-ed because of the stupidity has literally overtaken the country.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
You reminded me of this.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Simple fact is, his podcast is interesting because of who he has on it, and he used be very good at getting great info out of them. He mirrors a lot, but that's just him.

I think he's a pretty good comic, but I haven't seen as much of him as I used to. Him going after Mencia was awesome. That dude's a hack.

News Radio was an awesome show, and Joe was great in it.

Basically, he's just a dipshit with a mic.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis