Some words regarding Neal Young removing his music from Spotify.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Don't think the before mentioned politicians, the media, advertising industry, legal profession, writers and performers of satire/parody/comedians, Hollywood, Larry Flynt, on and on, would agree with your statement either.
Who defines what misinformation is? You trust the government to define it? The best defense against misinformation is education and debate and people make up their own minds.
We have different views on protected speech.
End of my rant!
Saying the vaccine has a microchip in it that tracks you is misinformation, it's called common sense. Saying the vaccine is killing more people than Covid is misinformation, now stop playing stupid.
The first amendment protects speech from the government, not a private business.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Joe Rogan sucks and he promotes a lot of bullshit. I still use Spotify because it’s a good app/interface.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
This is a dispute between two private entities.

The First Amendment applies to congress.
Technically it did until the 14th amendment.
Saying the vaccine has a microchip in it that tracks you is misinformation, it's called common sense. Saying the vaccine is killing more people than Covid is misinformation, now stop playing stupid.
The first amendment protects speech from the government, not a private business.

We are in agreement that the above is misinformation and private businesses can censure. We disagree on whether misinformation is protected speech. The people have to decide for themselves. If you think people are too stupid or don't have the right to decide for themselves than that's another story.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Technically it did until the 14th amendment.

We are in agreement that the above is misinformation and private businesses can censure. We disagree on whether misinformation is protected speech. The people have to decide for themselves. If you think people are too stupid or don't have the right to decide for themselves than that's another story.
People certainly are too stupid. It's why we only have 68% of people vaccinated. This is country for some odd reason is very susceptible to stupidity and listen to most ignorant. These people turn their back on scientists, doctors, experts and anyone with a degree. The same idiots that's think the Earth is flat. We are F-ed because of the stupidity has literally overtaken the country.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
People certainly are too stupid. It's why we only have 68% of people vaccinated. This is country for some odd reason is very susceptible to stupidity and listen to most ignorant. These people turn their back on scientists, doctors, experts and anyone with a degree. The same idiots that's think the Earth is flat. We are F-ed because of the stupidity has literally overtaken the country.

As my personal hero George Carlin once said:

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
1. Spotify sucks
2. Neil Young music sucks
3. I respect Neil's conviction
4. At the end of the day, none of this affects me
5. end of rant
Gene,

You are off base on #1 & #2. If someone has Spotify and likes Neil Young then it would affect them. At least Neil is standing on principle and it will cost him some $$. (Not that he needs any more $$ at his stage in life.)

But let's not hijack this thread.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
As my personal hero George Carlin once said:

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
George was funny, but even more wise.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
If misinformation were banned politicians would not be able to open their mouths at election time or any other time..
Empty promises aren't the same thing as claiming knowingly false facts, especially when these facts are about saving people's lives.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
At the end of the in words of a tiny and obscure Australian rock band formed by two Scotts.
Money Talks

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

There are certainly plenty of people who have rather strange beliefs. There are a lot of ways to slice the vaccination data. The CDC estimates that 87.6% of adults in the U.S. have gotten at least one dose. The hard core antivaxxers are a fringe group.

Flat earthers are even more fringy:

"firm belief in a flat Earth was rare, with less than a 2 percent acceptance rate in all age groups."

I wouldn't say it's literally overtaken the country.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
There are certainly plenty of people who have rather strange beliefs. There are a lot of ways to slice the vaccination data. The CDC estimates that 87.6% of adults in the U.S. have gotten at least one dose. The hard core antivaxxers are a fringe group.

"firm belief in a flat Earth was rare, with less than a 2 percent acceptance rate in all age groups."

I wouldn't say it's literally overtaken the country.
74 million people voted for a man that broke every norm on earth for a president and was despicable in every single way, we have been taken over by the morons. Period, stop.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

This reminds of a recent Krugman article.

>>>
Then there’s the teaching of science. Most high schools do teach the theory of evolution, but leading Republican politiciansare either evasive or actively deny the scientific consensus, presumably reflecting the G.O.P. base’s discomfort with the concept. Once the Florida standard takes hold, how long will teaching of evolution survive?

Geology, by the way, has the same problem. I’ve been on nature tours where the guides refuse to talk about the origins of rock formations, saying that they’ve had problems with some religious guests.
<<<

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Southern man don't need him around any how.
Truth is, I don't need Rogan either lol. Once Joe got Covid and was missing from UFC broadcasts, I didn't miss him at all. His comedy isn't good either. I'd rather have Neil than Joe, but neither one is on my radar.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Truth is, I don't need Rogan either lol. Once Joe got Covid and was missing from UFC broadcasts, I didn't miss him at all. His comedy isn't good either. I'd rather have Neil than Joe, but neither one is on my radar.
Joe Rogan is a comedian?!? He's about as funny as a truckload of dead babies on Mother's Day.

I also never cared for Neil Young's music. The one good thing about this thread is that I learned I'm not the only one who doesn't like NY's songs.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Joe Rogan I believe does still do stand-up. Hopefully its better than the podcast....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Joe Rogan is a comedian?!? He's about as funny as a truckload of dead babies on Mother's Day.

I also never cared for Neil Young's music. The one good thing about this thread is that I learned I'm not the only one who doesn't.
I don’t know, I’ve heard a whole bunch of dead baby jokes over the years, and always laughed my @$$ off, Easter, Mother’s Day, whenever.
:p
I guess what I’m saying is don’t insult a good dead baby joke by comparing them to Rogan.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis