Some words regarding Neal Young removing his music from Spotify.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It looks like Joni Mitchell has joined Young in removing her music from Spotify. Is it the start of an avalanche?
Almost like they're saying "This is OUR channel and you can't be here!".

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Well, this thread is where I found out that anyone doesn't like NY's music. The guy ranks up there with Bob Dylan as a music legend! One could quibble over the quality of his singing voice, but we could say the same (or more) about BD. I really don't get it.

Joni Mitchell joins Neil Young in pulling music from Spotify over 'lies' | CBC News
So, who will be the first to say that Joni Mitchell sucks, too?

As for "free speech" issues, this most certainly does not qualify. He can't force Spotify to drop Joe Rogan, he is simply saying "It's him or me - you choose".

To be honest, I know practically nothing about Joe Rogan. The most I've heard/seen his name is regarding the COVID misinformation spewed on his podcasts.
Ahhh, you wacky Canooks! You probably love The Guess Who, Rush, Bryan Adams, Shania Twain, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Steppenwolf, Justin Bieber, Nickelback, Finger Eleven, Men Without Hats, April Wine, Three Days Grace, Gordon Lightfoot, and all the rest of those losers! (Obviously, I say that in jest. I can't imagine where music would be without Canadian artists)

Moving even further off topic, Hinder did an awesome (in my opinion) version of Born to Wild:

highfigh

highfigh

Ahhh, you wacky Canooks! You probably love The Guess Who, Rush, Bryan Adams, Shania Twain, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Steppenwolf, Justin Bieber, Nickelback, Finger Eleven, Men Without Hats, April Wine, Three Days Grace, Gordon Lightfoot, and all the rest of those losers! (Obviously, I say that in jest. I can't imagine where music would be without Canadian artists)

Moving even further off topic, Hinder did an awesome (in my opinion) version of Born to Wild:

Hinder's website says they're from Oklahoma City.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Yes, indeed, money is free speech now so cannot be limited.
Try telling that to a Jury that wants to award a $billion of two in punitive damages against a corporation that's caused harm.

You'll see the ball gag get inserted pretty quick.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Also, just as an aside, I'd like to point out that the OP/TS clearly doesn't have a clue what the words in the OP are in reference to, as Mr. Young and Lynyrd Skynyrd never had an kind of beef/animosity towards each other.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General

Gordon Lightfoot! I'm going to go cue up the "Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald" it sounds great with surround sound.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
All this, and now ball gags!
Good thing we got relocated to the steam vent!
1643472761557.jpeg

highfigh

highfigh

Try telling that to a Jury that wants to award a $billion of two in punitive damages against a corporation that's caused harm.

BP paid a lot for the Gulf oil spill- more than just a billion or two-

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Is that the Gimp?
Actually, It's Alex... I did catch him in my closet the other day...

:p

(Fortunately... very fortunately none of that happened. Yes, it's The Gimp. :) )

:cool:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I guess I missed a clear point I was hoping to make that now corporations can donate unlimited $$$ to politicians, free speech. Money talks. ;)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Actually, It's Alex... I did catch him in my closet the other day...

:p

(Fortunately... very fortunately none of that happened. Yes, it's The Gimp. :) )

:cool:
Don't back pedal

We know it was Alex

the question we want to know is.......

Like the Bryan Adam's song was he wearing your underwear? :D

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Well, this thread is where I found out that anyone doesn't like NY's music. The guy ranks up there with Bob Dylan as a music legend! One could quibble over the quality of his singing voice, but we could say the same (or more) about BD. I really don't get it.

Joni Mitchell joins Neil Young in pulling music from Spotify over 'lies' | CBC News
So, who will be the first to say that Joni Mitchell sucks, too?
I've always thought there are basically two types of popular music fans. Those who prefer to listen to the music, and those who prefer to listen to the lyrics. I've always been a fan of the music over the lyrics. Bob Dylan and Neil Young fans listen closely to the lyrics. I've listened to their recordings, but usually just once. Personally, I think their fans don't seem to care about the tone-deaf sound quality of those singers, or their lack of listenable musical content. In my opinion, Neil Young is boring. When he was part of Buffalo Springfield and CSNY, his lack of musicianship was compensated by the presence of Steven Stills, a very good musician.

What's worse, at times Neil Young tends to be preachy. I don't listen to pop music because I like it's editorial content.

Joni Mitchell is quite different. She combines the best of singing voice and lyrics. Her writing ability – both lyrics and music – are excellent and unique.

I like Gordon Lightfoot. He's an excellent performer in front of a live audience.
To be honest, I know practically nothing about Joe Rogan. The most I've heard/seen his name is regarding the COVID misinformation spewed on his podcasts.
Trust me, you will be far better off knowing nothing about Joe Rogan. He's an example of how low people will stoop just to get on TV or behind a microphone. He's like the morons you see on America's Funniest Videos or those Fail Videos. They'll do ANYTHING just to be on TV.
As for "free speech" issues, this most certainly does not qualify. He can't force Spotify to drop Joe Rogan, he is simply saying "It's him or me - you choose".
I think it's time to rerun one of my favorite cartoons on this subject. It graphically expresses what @Mr._Clark explained in constitutional legal terms.
1643478687077.png

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Don't back pedal

We know it was Alex

the question we want to know is.......

Like the Bryan Adam's song was he wearing your underwear? :D
I don't mind if Alex hides in my closet, or even wears my underwear. But I do worry if he has ducktape and chloroform with him as he hides in the closet.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis