So just what is it that bothers our maga folk about transgender particularly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's a manufactured problem though. There's only one n-word... You should have a problem with this because of feature creep. It's the whole give an inch and then a mile will be expected.

In the NYC pride fest a large group of lesbians were close to forcibly removed because they don't want johnsons pushed on them. They have zero preference.

This is where we are going. Honestly women are going to suffer the brunt of all this.
Yes, there is only one N-word. There are plenty more epithets like it to describe other races, homosexuality and intellectual disabilities - all socially unacceptable.

Nothing I have stated in this thread should be assumed to mean that I think womens' rights should be compromised in order to appease TRA's.

jinjuku

jinjuku

While your opinion may or may not be unreasonable, how is it correct or not?
People have correct and incorrect opinions on all manner of things all the time. Opinions aren't a dodge for facts or truths.

I maintain sex is binary with a bimodal distribution of presentations. Some would consider that an opinion. I consider it factually correct.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I think this has been one of my major concerns. I appreciate the acknowledgement that this is not cut and dry.
I don't think I've ever suggested otherwise. And THAT is why my thoughts on the issues surrounding transgenderism are not fully formed.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
People have correct and incorrect opinions on all manner of things all the time. Opinions aren't a dodge for facts or truths.

I maintain sex is binary with a bimodal distribution of presentations. Some would consider that an opinion. I consider it factually correct.
Bimodal distribution of presentations! Wow. That's some word salad there. Still, just your opinion.

jinjuku

jinjuku

There are plenty more epithets like it to describe other races, homosexuality and intellectual disabilities - all socially unacceptable.
It's the mere omission, the negative of NOT using a pronoun. If you demand a pronoun and I don't want to participate in your fluidity, the prevailing wind of your feeling at the moment, I'll just use your name or you. If that's a problem then we don't need to interact.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
When I suggested the possibility, it was neither endorsement, nor complaint. I am suggesting that in the future, deliberately calling someone by an pronoun they do not prefer will have all the social acceptability of using the N-word. If I were to accidentally using the "wrong" pronoun, I would expect that to be given a pass. If not, it's their problem, not mine. That said, I don't give poop what you call someone else either.
"I am suggesting that in the future, deliberately calling someone by an pronoun they do not prefer will have all the social acceptability of using the N-word"- if that happens, the sensible part of the population will have lost. The use/non use/incorrect use of pronouns is in no way equal to using the N-word which can only be used in a derogatory manner if the one who uses it is anything other than Black, if it ends with 'er'. If it ends with 'a', it's apparently OK to use it as long as the one who uses it is Black or part of the Rap/Hip Hop community. The ridiculous number and fluid definitions of pronouns makes it damned difficult to know if they're being used correctly, or not. They come up with new ones on an almost daily basis and the rest of us don't give an eff what someone wants to be called because, in the grand scheme of things,. it's far less than most of the bullshyte that's happening in what used to be called 'society'. Being offended by being called something the offended person prefers is demanding that the rest of us read their effing minds and I, for one, don't read minds. How can anyone with fluid gender self-perception reasonably expect someone else to know how to address them when they don't let us know what they prefer?

highfigh

highfigh

Bimodal distribution of presentations! Wow. That's some word salad there. Still, just your opinion.
Sex is about genetically assigned organs- it has to do with the parts someone has when they're born. There are variations, but gender is psychological, not genetic. What someone decides isn't coming from their body, it's in their mind.

highfigh

highfigh

WRT to exposing kids to something that the parents may/may not approve of- I went to get lunch on my way to another place and decided to park in a lot near a waterfall in a river. On my way back from the trash can, I saw a used condom lying on the asphalt.

Is that what we've come to as a society? Boinking in a county park and leaving that BS on the ground where kids could find it? Should I be happy they didn't leave syringes?

jinjuku

jinjuku

That matters how?
Uh, college and research texts now don't matter?

From nih.gov (just an example).

"According to the World Health Organization, sex refers to the biological and physiological characteristics that define men and women. Gender refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviors, activities, and attributes that a given society considers appropriate for men and women. While it is evident that biological differences, commonly referred to as ‘sex differences’, should be considered when prescribing medicines, it is unclear to what extent sociocultural differences, commonly referred to as ‘gender differences’, should be considered by the prescribing physician."

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Uh, college and research texts now don't matter?

From nih.gov (just an example).

"According to the World Health Organization, sex refers to the biological and physiological characteristics that define men and women. Gender refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviors, activities, and attributes that a given society considers appropriate for men and women. While it is evident that biological differences, commonly referred to as ‘sex differences’, should be considered when prescribing medicines, it is unclear to what extent sociocultural differences, commonly referred to as ‘gender differences’, should be considered by the prescribing physician."
Bimodal distribution as you used it means what, tho? That male and female sex are merely two most commonly occurring outcomes but not all of them? How is that binary particularly?

I didn't say "college and research texts now don't matter" in any case, that's some stretch....[/QUOTE]

jinjuku

jinjuku

"Bimodal distribution as you used it means what, tho? That male and female sex are merely two most commonly occurring outcomes but not all of them? How is that binary particularly?"

People confuse bimodal distribution of feminine/masculine traits and presentation as to challenge that sex isn't a binary.

Men can present feminine, Women masculine. It doesn't negate their sex.

This whole 'sex is assigned' is another tautological ploy. Sex is observed. It is what it is. The reason for the word play is to stage a direct attack on the settled biology of sex so a niche group can get their way.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not with the sentiment that I'm required to call someone fae/faeself. And if I don't I'm the equivalent of a not black person using the n-word.
I've never even encountered the situation or heard of it happening. Or if you get it wrong you're as bad as the n-word.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I've never even encountered the situation or heard of it happening. Or if you get it wrong you're as bad as the n-word.
Go-NAD brought it up that some (he wasn't making that argument) would consider it so. This is Stalin's 'useful idiot' point.

Remember it's even your refusal to participate that is of issue.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
"Bimodal distribution as you used it means what, tho? That male and female sex are merely two most commonly occurring outcomes but not all of them? How is that binary particularly?"

People confuse bimodal distribution of feminine/masculine traits and presentation as to challenge that sex isn't a binary.

Men can present feminine, Women masculine. It doesn't negate their sex.

This whole 'sex is assigned' is another tautological ploy. Sex is observed. It is what it is. The reason for the word play is to stage a direct attack on the settled biology of sex so a niche group can get their way.
Or, wait! We’re gonna wait for our newborn to turn 4 or 5 before we “assign a gender” what the actual Fukk…

jinjuku

jinjuku

Or, wait! We’re gonna wait for our newborn to turn 4 or 5 before we “assign a gender” what the actual Fukk…
Sex is an immutable trait. So it's not assigned.

Gender is a slice of the pie of personality spectrum that is now being talked about non-stop and that it's this 90% ego component.

Imagine being such a shallow individual that your primary Id is how you perceive or want others to perceive you from a feminine or masculine presentation point of view.

You think Eric Clapton wants to viewed as a really great musician or as a masculine presenting male?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Go-NAD brought it up that some (he wasn't making that argument) would consider it so. This is Stalin's 'useful idiot' point.

Remember it's even your refusal to participate that is of issue.
Hmmm....participate in what? I see someone who looks trans, and I don't call them sir or ma'am to avoid the situation to begin with. Agreeing to call them what they want vs what I believe personally are two different things. Or, how will the fabric of society crumble?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Hmmm....participate in what? I see someone who looks trans, and I don't call them sir or ma'am to avoid the situation to begin with. Agreeing to call them what they want vs what I believe personally are two different things. Or, how will the fabric of society crumble?
I personally have a few issues: One is the use of force. Two is participating in a lie. I'm not a fan of either.

It may make me an a-hole but I'm not calling you a woman unless you were born XX.

The English language has grown by approximately 85,000 words the last 100 years. No appropriation needed. I've no problem using the trans(woman/man) modifier.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Sex is an immutable trait. So it's not assigned.

Gender is a slice of the pie of personality spectrum that is now being talked about non-stop and that it's this 90% ego component.

Imagine being such a shallow individual that your primary Id is how you perceive or want others to perceive you from a feminine or masculine presentation point of view.

You think Eric Clapton wants to viewed as a really great musician or as a masculine presenting male?
Interestingly I think Eric Clapton is viewed as both!
I must be really old. I thought sex and gender were the same thing…

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis