So just what is it that bothers our maga folk about transgender particularly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd really like to understand the fear involved here. Seems pretty ridiculous, altho much maga stuff does, too.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It doesn't matter. They believe what you see is who you are, and they don't want it displayed in public.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It doesn't matter. They believe what you see is who you are, and they don't want it displayed in public.
The MAGA folks isn’t what I would call conservatives.

This post is more of what I’ve in mind:

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The MAGA folks isn’t what I would call conservatives.

This post is more of what I’ve in mind:

What appealed to them was populism, but in the end a lot of it is because Trump is an instigator.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Amazes me how black and white this whole conservative vs. progressive bs has become, while an entire logical, 'right-is-right/wrong-is-wrong' portion of the population just has no other choice other than to let these two groups screw everything up for pretty much everyone else.

I haven't seen any MAGA people here pushing any anti-trans agenda, injecting it into threads or anywhere else, so why did we have to go looking for them? So what will this discussion turn into? Pretty much like every politically biased issue posted everywhere, which is, a multi-page circle-jerk of a one-sided collective trying to say the same thing, but differently, and nobody's mind will be changed, or even enlightened, for that matter.

Transgender males in women's sports is pretty pathetic, but I could care less about trans people otherwise because it's not my problem. I'm in no position to speak for, or against. I've evolved with these issues since the '70s and have gay relatives and friends that I love dearly. The thing I got used to is that these people I know are very good at being gay, without it being the core of their social identity. So much so, that it never occurs to me anymore what they are, or aren't. Same with my black friends. I have to really stop and think about what color they are if the issue ever comes up and it's difficult to see them as anything but a friend.

The real issue is, the shock value of pretty much everything taboo has been worn off, and unfortunately for the trans people, the gay, feminist and civil rights movements have used it all up and there's no attention left for them. So now to get their due share of attention, they have to start rubbing it in the faces of anyone who might react unfavorably. I'm not going for it. I really don't have the time of day, or interest to give to any of them.

Just surprises me that people that I tend to think as otherwise intelligent, are so personally conflicted over the social setup that trend politics is, or how predictably programmed they have become in which to label so many people just for daring to have alternate views, or even questions for that matter.

I'm neither MAGA, or any other brand of politics outright. I've followed both parties and lived through multiple chances given to both sides and the results have been pretty disappointing across the board. The idea that any intelligent person with even a modicum of street smarts, or that has gotten to town at all can follow either in which to base their social reputation on, is the most perplexing of all.

Fk the neocons, and fk the progressives. They both suck.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
When I hear Maga folk and other right-wing extremists speak out so adamantly about transgender people, or lesbians or homosexuals, it doesn't make any sense. They must genuinely fear that without extreme laws banishing all LBGTQ (did I leave any letters out?), they themselves will come out & join them. In the past, some of the most extreme anti-gay were themselves closeted gays. Think of J. Edgar Hoover.

The same thing happened with racist politicians who so adamantly opposed interracial marriage, or miscegenation, as they called it. Remember Strom Thurmond? He was an outspoken racist senator from South Carolina. Only after he died did the story emerge that he had fathered one or several children with a black woman.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The infant years are considered the formative years (ie blueprint of who you are). Something like that.
Maybe it's an injection, from some evil nonbinary person. Would be nice not to have kids grow up believing all sorts of nonsense/prejudices the magas seem to think are scary.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'd really like to understand the fear involved here. Seems pretty ridiculous, altho much maga stuff does, too.
So what do you mean by "OUR" Maga people? Are you implying that if anyone wants to have an open balanced discussion with you about why they might disagree with aspects of what the transgender community is advocating for must be a MAGA simply because they disagree with you?

Or are you asking for posters whether they are conservative or liberal to give you they're ideas on why the Maga portion of the conservative base is so opposed to some of the Transgender policies?

I'm asking for clarification because they're is a big difference in the responses your going to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis