Post up things that you “Hate” Anything goes.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Good morning Mr. Phil and the rest of the gang! I'm back after a long hiatus from AH. How're things? Life's been busy for me these days. Just been packed up silly. Haha!
Thanks,
Ryan
Good afternoon Ryan. Glad to have you back. I am having some trouble w/my sinuses again. They are like totally clogged up making it hard to breathe. Had to go get seen, but the doctor would NOT give me a Z-pack. So, I have been suffering all week. Decided to go by my PCP today and he had no problem ordering me a Z-pack. I seem to respond well to them. Hopefully, I can breathe better again soon. Sounds like you are doing well. Have a very blessed day. :)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
@Danzilla31 @speakerman39 I hate MP3s; you can't get a bit of quality out of them. Also, I hate Bose. Quality of their products has severely declined in quality. Where is @TechHDS ? Did he ban himself?
Thanks,
Ryan
Ryan Mike albeit TechHDS made it clear that he wanted to deactivate his account. Have not seen him on since. Really hate that as Mike seemed like a good guy. Maybe he will come back some day. Gene left that door open to him. That is all I know.

Cheers,

Phil

Matthew J Poes

Matthew J Poes

Audioholic Chief
Staff member
I hate when people argue with scientific research articles without understanding the article, science, or use arguments based on faulty logic. Nothing wrong with debate, but don't try to debate something you don't understand. Ask questions at least first!

https://qmro.qmul.ac.uk/xmlui/bitstream/handle/123456789/13493/Reiss A Meta-Analysis of High Resolution 2016 Published.pdf?sequence=1

This article caused a lot of stir in the audio community because it suggested that the preponderance of evidence in all studies on high sample rate music suggested it was audible over standard sampling rate. Yet most of the disagreement with this was not based on science or an understanding of what a meta-analysis is. I tried to explain only to end up being, essentially, screamed at via angry anti-high resolution audio folks. With NO regard to the underlying science. We can argue about the findings for sure, but they are what they are.

A legitimate argument for this would be, all they found was that it is audibly distinguishable, not that it sounded better. That is fair, most of the research lacked the methods needed to understand the audible benefit. It is possible that the high sampling rate created a detrimental artifact.

Some tried to discredit the author, but we need to understand how well respect and high impact Dr. Reiss is. He has been cited in professional audio related journals 3 times more than Dr. Floyd Toole!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe not really hate but irritate - drivers who make huge swings into your lane when making a turn. I'm surprised there aren't more accidents due to this practice.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I hate it when people sit at a green light because they can’t put their fukkin phone down and don’t realize it’s not red anymore!!!!! Ugh.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Good afternoon Ryan. Glad to have you back. I am having some trouble w/my sinuses again. They are like totally clogged up making it hard to breathe. Had to go get seen, but the doctor would NOT give me a Z-pack. So, I have been suffering all week. Decided to go by my PCP today and he had no problem ordering me a Z-pack. I seem to respond well to them. Hopefully, I can breathe better again soon. Sounds like you are doing well. Have a very blessed day. :)

Cheers,

Phil
I hate that I have a bad cold right now...
Thank you,
Ryan

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I hate it when people sit at a green light because they can’t put their fukkin phone down and don’t realize it’s not red anymore!!!!! Ugh.
Me too! about 10 days ago that happened to me, some dimwit in front of my car sat when the light turned green, and an even bigger dimwit behind me hit the gas and banged into my rear bumper! The witless who banged into had a lame excuse "Gee, I thought you were moving" Like I can move with that other witless one in front. :mad:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Me too! about 10 days ago that happened to me, some dimwit in front of my car sat when the light turned green, and an even bigger dimwit behind me hit the gas and banged into my rear bumper! The witless who banged into had a lame excuse "Gee, I thought you were moving" Like I can move with that other witless one in front. :mad:
I’m afraid that’s probably all too common. Hope it wasn’t too bad.
I’d almost bet that the witless behind you was on his phone too!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I hate that I have a bad cold right now...
Thank you,
Ryan
Ryan, hope that you get to feeling better. There is a lot of stuff going around right now. My sinuses have never been this locked down. Sucks when it is so bad it is hard to even breathe. Just be sure to drink plenty of fluids. Nothing like a good bowl of chicken noodle soup. It sure helps me when I am not feeling well. :)

Cheers,

Phil

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Ryan, hope that you get to feeling better. There is a lot of stuff going around right now. My sinuses have never been this locked down. Sucks when it is so bad it is hard to even breathe. Just be sure to drink plenty of fluids. Nothing like a good bowl of chicken noodle soup. It sure helps me when I am not feeling well. :)

Cheers,

Phil
Hey Mr. Phil. My cold is much better. How're you?
Ryand

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Mr. Phil. My cold is much better. How're you?
Ryand

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Ryan very glad you are feeling better. Still having some issues w/my sinuses. It looks like surgery may be needed. Going back to my ENT doctor very soon. Tired of not being able to breathe very well. Other than that, I am fine. Thanks for asking. Just listening to some Karen Carpenter. She is amazing! Gone way too soon!

Cheers,

Phil

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I hate really cold weather like the north central and northeast states are getting right now. Then again I hate really hot (100+) like we get here in Dallas every summer. I've decided I'd rather deal with the heat though.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Ryan very glad you are feeling better. Still having some issues w/my sinuses. It looks like surgery may be needed. Going back to my ENT doctor very soon. Tired of not being able to breathe very well. Other than that, I am fine. Thanks for asking. Just listening to some Karen Carpenter. She is amazing! Gone way too soon!

Cheers,

Phil
Yes, she was amazing! Uh oh! Sorry to hear your sinuses! I'll keep you in my prayers.
Ryan

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, she was amazing! Uh oh! Sorry to hear your sinuses! I'll keep you in my prayers.
Ryan
Thanks Ryan as prayer is powerful and effective. Right now I can breathe. Hope it continues. Gets old dealing with it every single day. Have a blessed night. Glad to like Karen Carpenter as well.

Cheers,

Phil

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Thanks Ryan as prayer is powerful and effective. Right now I can breathe. Hope it continues. Gets old dealing with it every single day. Have a blessed night. Glad to like Karen Carpenter as well.

Cheers,

Phil
You too Mr. Phil! Surgery may be necessary. It sounds like your sinuses are quite bad off. I pray you get to feeling better or if surgery is needed, the surgery goes through well.
Thanks,
Ryan

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You too Mr. Phil! Surgery may be necessary. It sounds like your sinuses are quite bad off. I pray you get to feeling better or if surgery is needed, the surgery goes through well.
Thanks,
Ryan
Thanks Ryan I really do appreciate your kind words. Not exactly sure yet when the surgery will take place. Hope all is well your way. Lots of dangerously cold weather coming. I am like so ready for Spring! Have a good night my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
So I moved into a apartment this passed January, well it's 4 apartments upstairs, they got this 68 year old Nut Chase, who has been here for something like 13 years. Well I found out that the other 3 apartments haven't been rented in a long time. Because of the Nut Chase in apartment #1. So far this dude has been making lewd comments stalking me when I go in and out of my apartment. I talked with the pizza place next door they told me he has been harassing any tenants that move in to the other apartments so people move out because of this nut case. I'm to the point of moving out myself before I do something I may regret. Any advice on how to handle this creep? The landlord knows full well how this nut chase is. From what I found out he is on probation already for harassment.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis