Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Streaming some REM to my main system while on the pc. Man, I love this band. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yesterday's listening selection was definitely on the harder side..

img-023.JPG
img-024.JPG
img-025.JPG
img-026.JPG

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Streaming Little Feat’s Feats Don’t Fail Me Now reissue waiting for my Rhino order that has a bonus concert CD not available elsewhere. They know what I like. The best little boogie woogie band.
IMG_4520.jpeg

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Streaming some 90s country today for my cousin. He was impressed. :)
I like some '90s country like John Anderson, Diamond Rio, Restless Heart, Lyle Lovett, Alison Krauss. . . Some reach across multiple decades but was still there in the '90s. Liked Vince Gill and more than I realized until you brought it up.

Another killer country collection is the bluegrass/country/gospel albums put out by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. They are called "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" and then "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" volume 2. Both are worth owning just for the virtuosic level that all of them play at. That and a lot of country royalty appear on those volumes. The first edition is the old school greats like Johnny Cash and Earl Scruggs, Mother Maybell Carter along with some Grand Ole Opry pedigrees. The 2nd effort has more modern artists and different songs.

I never really was a fan of bluegrass and country until those two records.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
My Dad loved country music so I grew up listening to a lot of stuff riding in the back of his black coup de ville convertable. I like it too but my kids got me back into it through bands today that sound more like the country rock I liked at their age. So much great music so little time to listen to it all.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
My Dad loved country music so I grew up listening to a lot of stuff riding in the back of his black coup de ville convertable. I like it too but my kids got me back into it through bands today that sound more like the country rock I liked at their age. So much great music so little time to listen to it all.
I'm not a fan of new country music. I can't tell many of them apart. All it takes is some GQ redneck with a tribal tattoo and a cowboy hat slingin' pop music with a twang. And how many people does it take to sing "Tennessee Whiskey" for it to wear out?

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
streaming the 50th anniversary edition of the Dead’s From the Mars Hotel that was released today. The album sounds great but the real treat is the concert from 74. Excellent recording on a day the Dead were spot on. Love the hidden message supportog Pigpen on the cover.
IMG_4527.jpeg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Streaming some Bachman Turner Overdrive this afternoon. Some underrated stuff going back to their Guess Who days.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I like some '90s country like John Anderson, Diamond Rio, Restless Heart, Lyle Lovett, Alison Krauss. . . Some reach across multiple decades but was still there in the '90s. Liked Vince Gill and more than I realized until you brought it up.

Another killer country collection is the bluegrass/country/gospel albums put out by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. They are called "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" and then "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" volume 2. Both are worth owning just for the virtuosic level that all of them play at. That and a lot of country royalty appear on those volumes. The first edition is the old school greats like Johnny Cash and Earl Scruggs, Mother Maybell Carter along with some Grand Ole Opry pedigrees. The 2nd effort has more modern artists and different songs.

I never really was a fan of bluegrass and country until those two records.
I love John Anderson as well as Brooks and Dunn from that era. Seminole Wind is my favorite John Anderson song and I love the remake of My Maria by B&D. I do have their greatest hits on cd but it's so convenient to stream with a decent streamer that has a good DAC.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I love John Anderson as well as Brooks and Dunn from that era. Seminole Wind is my favorite John Anderson song and I love the remake of My Maria by B&D. I do have their greatest hits on cd but it's so convenient to stream with a decent streamer that has a good DAC.
Hal Ketchum had some good songs as well.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Got the Feats Don’t Fail Me Now 50th anniversary CD set in the mail and I’m listening while staying cool. They recorded the album at a studio setup on a barge in Maryland and it was thought that all the bonus tracks were lost when the studio sank in the late 70s. I guess not. Can’t wait to get the bonus disc with the 2nd concert at the Rainbow Theatre from 75. Feat Forever!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis