Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You guys won’t believe it, but my son plays French horn(and trumpet) in the high school symphony.
Interesting! I started on trumpet in the 6th grade and later switched to euphonium in middle school. I also marched baritone in HS and even played tuba in the symphonic band. Those were the times. Hope you son also is in the marching band.:):):)

Cheers,

Phil

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Interesting! I started on trumpet in the 6th grade and later switched to euphonium in middle school. I also marched baritone in HS and even played tuba in the symphonic band. Those were the times. Hope you son also is in the marching band.:):):)

Cheers,

Phil
Interesting choices! I think our marching program starts in 11th grade.(maybe). I hope he stays in the music program. He’s in XC, diving and track too. Busy.

Dale Doback

Dale Doback

Junior Audioholic

Cheers,

Phil
Were you in a Drum & Bugle Corp? Asking because of your avatar. I was in a drum corp, long time ago. lol

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Interesting choices! I think our marching program starts in 11th grade.(maybe). I hope he stays in the music program. He’s in XC, diving and track too. Busy.
Nice! Sounds like your son is a very busy young man. Perhaps he will get a scholarship and save you some money. Nothing wrong w/that! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Were you in a Drum & Bugle Corp? Asking because of your avatar. I was in a drum corp, long time ago. lol
No, never in DCI. Just love marching band as I still follow it today. BTW, I have been known to slap the sticks myself. As far as marching band goes, I keep up with both KMEAA and ISSMA albeit Kentucky/Indiana respectively speaking. The BOA Band of America is also a lot of fun. It is just BOA puts emphasis on General Effect over music. KMEAA is more music oriented. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Nice! Sounds like your son is a very busy young man. Perhaps he will get a scholarship and save you some money. Nothing wrong w/that! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
Thanks Phil. He is very busy indeed. We also have a set of twins too. That makes me even more busy! Scholarship sounds really good. Hmmm....

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks Phil. He is very busy indeed. We also have a set of twins too. That makes me even more busy! Scholarship sounds really good. Hmmm....
I bet a holiday like Thanksgiving is a lot of fun with a large family. Lots of work too......LOL!!!! Enjoy the holiday!:):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Oooh, oooh!

I'm a big N.O.W fan!

My favorite album is "Smokers Delight", nice and chilled out.

I also really like "Carboot Soul", and that one you posted is 3rd on my list of NOW albums.

For something a little more towards the hiphop side, it's "DJ Kicks".

Not exactly similar, but have you ever heard any St Germain? He is a jazz DJ, on the Blue Note label, so he has Blue Note material for mixing.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oooh, oooh!

I'm a big N.O.W fan!

My favorite album is "Smokers Delight", nice and chilled out.

I also really like "Carboot Soul", and that one you posted is 3rd on my list of NOW albums.

For something a little more towards the hiphop side, it's "DJ Kicks".

Not exactly similar, but have you ever heard any St Germain? He is a jazz DJ, on the Blue Note label, so he has Blue Note material for mixing.
New to NOW myself, but like what I've heard. The other two noted. Not familiar with St Germain, will check him out, too. Thanks for the fodder!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I am a little late to this meme, But I have just discovered this song recently, Man's Not Hot, and I have been laughing my ass off ever since. This is some great hip hop, the most absurd lyrics. For those who haven't seen it yet:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis