Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

Meticulous G

Meticulous G

Audioholic Intern
Anybody into atmos music at all? I gave it a quick glance, but there wasn't really anything I actively wanted to hear available in atmos, so it was just
gimmick-y to me

When getting into hi-res, I tried Tidal at 1st, then discovered Qobuz, and after a few weeks, dropped the Tidal & stuck with the Qobuz out of practicality

...but curiosity just brought me back to Tidal, to give the atmos music another try, aand I at least found this

So far, so good (even though I only have top of the wall fronts so far)

Anyone have the experience of trying both near ceiling, wall mounted heights, and in ceiling, downward firing configurations?

Am curious about differences
Screenshot_20231214_142512_TIDAL.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Streaming Al Stewart today on my WIIM using Amazon music. Absolutely love Year of the Cat.

Meticulous G

Meticulous G

Audioholic Intern
Breaking these out today, which are always a treat

Current selection:

The Orb presents Tundra and Sunflakes (There's 2 different volumes, with slightly different looks)

download (9).jpeg
like a compilation/smorgasbord with quite a variety, from unsongs to ambient, to reggae dub-yness, to a fair degree else

1 of my faves on this 1

...High Flying Birds (Being Remix) for any who prefer to listen away from youtube, but also the link for the quick & easy

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Was listening to this Tull too. Just ordered the box, more like a book, set on Amazon from a dealer in the UK. Excellent stuff!
To some of the more snooty, eclectic audiophiles, it has become fashionable to lump Tull in with the likes of Nickelback, or some other group (Foo Fighters? ) that by their ears/minds, lack musical legitimacy or talent. But then you look at what they listen to comparatively, and it is something weird, liken to animal mating calls, or something else that nobody listens to.

Always been a Tull fan. I forget to listen to them for long periods of time so it is always refreshing by the time I think to give them a go again. I intend to listen to them louder this coming up weekend. I didn't jump too much into it last night so as not to use it up at late night levels.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Love Tull. Like you I find that I go back and forth with listening to a band for a while and then moving on to another and then come back later. So many CDs and albums saved as favorites on Qobuz I can’t listen to them all. Long winter nights are perfect for catching up on music I haven’t listened to for a while.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I love Aqualung this time of year. I worked with them a few times, they were uh, interesting, on the financial side of things :)

Z

Zefek

Audiophyte
Reliving the late 1970's, recalling a stack of 8-Tracks, somewhat inspired by what I see here...
Strawbs Nomadness
T-Rex Tanx
Robin Trower For Earth Below
Jethro Tull Aqualung
Nektar Down to Earth
Hawkwind in the hall of the mountain grill
Black Oak Arkansas - Black Oak Arkansas

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Reliving the late 1970's, recalling a stack of 8-Tracks, somewhat inspired by what I see here...
Strawbs Nomadness
T-Rex Tanx
Robin Trower For Earth Below
Jethro Tull Aqualung
Nektar Down to Earth
Hawkwind in the hall of the mountain grill
Black Oak Arkansas - Black Oak Arkansas
Great stuff. Reminds me of my Panasonic TNT plunger portable 8-track player in blue. Carrying it around with a bag of tapes. Robin Trower’s first 3 albums are classics including the live album. Bridge of Sighs is one of the top 10 guitar albums of all time. Playing it now.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Streaming some Jazzy Christmas music today. Hey at least I waited until Dec 21 to start. :) So far, I really like the songs from the Peanuts Christmas shows.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
WOW thanks for sharing. one would assume the manager was working for the band but based on the stories you hear sometimes they are just out for themselves. Listened to Too Old to Rock and Roll again and Aqualung. Great stuff!

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Great stuff. Reminds me of my Panasonic TNT plunger portable 8-track player in blue. Carrying it around with a bag of tapes. Robin Trower’s first 3 albums are classics including the live album. Bridge of Sighs is one of the top 10 guitar albums of all time. Playing it now.
I had the same 8 track player. Robin Trower happened for me right after being exposed to LZ 1. Hooked on that electric blues before anything else. ZZ Top was another. Trower was great because he wasn't stingy with the guitar solos so you could always get enough Strat listening to him.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Just looked back a few pages to see that I had already talked about Trower. Been listening a lot lately and have forgotten where all I have been with music the last few weeks. I had Alexa shuffle songs by Trower at work a couple weeks ago. None of those whippersnappers knew what it was.

Meticulous G

Meticulous G

Audioholic Intern
Just looked back a few pages to see that I had already talked about Trower. Been listening a lot lately and have forgotten where all I have been with music the last few weeks. I had Alexa shuffle songs by Trower at work a couple weeks ago. None of those whippersnappers knew what it was.
I don't think I've ever heard of it/them...but my age doesn't dictate my listening habits, except for the trend that I'm sure there is verry little worth my time that's come out over the past at leat 30 years...aand if its mainstream, its probably got no shot

Will give a listen, thx

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis