highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks dor sharing this ... a lot to read and think about here .... I do need some time to think about this :)

Interesting read ...... it sounds from your post that there are people trying to go to Avalon, the land of the dreams where all their wishes will be fulfilled, and they don´t have or want to build the the skills or the wish to make themselves attractive to the job market. There is only one way to get on.... work like hell and make sure you are attractive; Seems like many people don´t wanna do this, WOW.... that are losers not going to help build the country!

And then you point to people coming with nothing, they find their way, the manage to get jobs, don´t complain, don´t blame anyone else..... these are the people that can make US into a great country again, these are the people who build great companies. Many of them are immigrants, coming to the US to just, get on with it and build something :cool:

I agree... I think that heavy taxation os wrong and probably not fair .... we could do the same by having way lover taxes and make it more even and maybe flat rate

Late nite evening here now ... need to close down now :cool:
The dream has been oversold and it's not very difficult to find reasonably priced housing in most cities. It's still possible, but the search needs to be wider, more info is needed and someone needs to have their financing in place if they want to buy in a hot market.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Supplying more and more weapons will NOT stop wars. Worse yet supplying weapons with borrowed money and leaving the debt to future generations is downright stupid.
Should we allow a terrorist nation to terrorize a country..... soldiers raping children at the age of 4, soldiers taking civilians to the forest and murdering them for fun, ruzzia sending phosphor bombs to buildings, it will burn the building, including everyone within the building alive... these are all peaceful civilians murdered...

Weapons are asked for so that peaceful families may wake up alive tomorrow, This is not a war about Ukraine but a war for future world peace, a war to stop a terrorist and a terrorist nation. ruzzian media is already asking for nuclear weapons to be used targeting Washington and New York because they hate USA and it should be destroyed.... ruzzian media states: when they are done with Ukraine, Berlin, London, Paris, USA is next ..... What is the answer how to stop a military organisation that only respons to brute force? they are fuelled by weakness, weakness only makes them go further and further.....

I am following ruzzian media every day and if you had any idea how insanely crazy this nation is ..... must be stopped.... I will post some clips another day, that at least makes my heart shiver. (if I can find them)

If we move back to last century.... Hitler attacks the world, let us just stop fighting and use no weapons, do not fight him, that´s gonna bring lasting world peace

Ukraine first lady begs for more weapons:

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I am following ruzzian media every day and if you had any idea how insanely crazy this nation is ..... must be stopped.... I will post some clips another day, that at least makes my heart shiver. (if I can find them)

If we move back to last century.... Hitler attacks the world, let us just stop fighting and use no weapons, do not fight him, that´s gonna bring lasting world peace

Ukraine first lady begs for more weapons:
Population has been brainwashed for a very long time; what do you expect.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
What is the answer?
He will let autocrats invade whatever country they will with impunity. And whenever they try bullying USA he will retreat whimpering and cave in to their demands.

Worth mentioning that his views are just Russian talking points.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
At least we don't have billionaires falling out of high rises. Not yet anyway.
It's not only in ruzzia, there was a Norwegian guy falling mysteriously out of a hotel window in Copenhagen, which sorted a multi billion dollar conflict of interest :eek:

No charges ever made

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

A good chunk of the US population has been too thanks to the likes of Faux News as well as the retrumpican party....
And Biden hasn't sent a buttload of money to Ukraine? At least some of it was in the form of loans, but it accomplishes the same things.

Your lopsided thinking as someone on the Left is one of the main reasons I can't agree with you on a lot of this- maybe it's time to move a bit toward the center. It's time for the Right to do the same.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
And Biden hasn't sent a buttload of money to Ukraine? At least some of it was in the form of loans, but it accomplishes the same things.

Your lopsided thinking as someone on the Left is one of the main reasons I can't agree with you on a lot of this- maybe it's time to move a bit toward the center. It's time for the Right to do the same.
It's not like it's money directly sent to Ukraine as such. Much of it is actually spent in USA, and things like weapons, munitions and vehicles (made in USA). I'm not sure if USA is sending F-16 themselves or relying on NATO partners.

The allocated funds are a small percentage of the US defence budget but are used to decimate the Russian army. All without a single American solder fighting the Russians.

If you put your ear to the ground you can hear Reagan laughing.

An article updated May 2024:

>>>... Since the war began, the U.S. Congress has voted through five bills that have provided Ukraine with ongoing aid, doing so most recently in April 2024. The total budget authority under these bills—the “headline” figure often cited by news media—is $175 billion. The historic sums are helping a broad set of Ukrainian people and institutions, including refugees, law enforcement, and independent radio broadcasters, though most of the aid has been military-related. Dozens of other countries, including most members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and the European Union (EU), are also providing large aid packages to Ukraine.

It’s important to note that of the $175 billion total, only $107 billion directly aids the government of Ukraine. Most of the remainder is funding various U.S. activities associated with the war in Ukraine, and a small portion supports other affected countries in the region. [emphasis added]

A large share of the money in the aid bills is spent in the United States, paying for American factories and workers to produce the various weapons that are either shipped to Ukraine or that replenish the U.S. weapons stocks the Pentagon has drawn on during the war. One analysis, by the American Enterprise Institute, found that Ukraine aid is funding defense manufacturing in more than seventy U.S. cities. ...<<<

1724682584682.png

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I saw something about a microphone dispute- the Harris campaign wants the mics to be hot at all times- not sure that's a good idea.
It's the Trump campaign trying to manufacture an excuse for Trump to avoid the debate, for the second time.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
"Do you remember a time before all of this?"

Well that's how old time Republicans are talking now.
It's important to understand that Trump is the result of what the GOP has been doing, not the cause. It's also important to understand that the GOP is likely pretty OK with the undermining of democracy; simply upset over the particular narcissist doing it.

I say this, because this goes back decades and goes well outside Trump himself.

We see this with the southern strategy going back to at least the 70s, intended to stoke false fear to get win elections with minority support.

We see this with Gingrich's "no compromise" and "obstruct as a strategy", going back to the 90s; which is why you see a GOP with no interest in actually governing.

We see this with the strategy to take local and state elections and use them to gerymander... an area where the GOP has been undermining the constitution for decades.

We see this with a long history of, as mentioned, blackwhite speak from the GOP. Training its voters to accept the most ridiculous false statements. From denying global warming, to accusing the left of running up deficits that the right does, or going to war with Iran with false claims of WMDs and 9/11 ties.

And this has made them very vulnerable to Russian propaganda that's getting people like MTG elected.

We see this with a long history of, I don't even know the words for it. The Reagan campaign negotiating with Iran to keep Americans imprisoned to help them win an election. The Reagan administration trading arms to terrorists, in violation of both international and national law, and funding it by helping get cocaine on US streets. We see it in Nixon.

Trump said he didn't come up with Project 2025, and though he's onboard with it, he's right. This was the heritage foundation; who has authored tons of GOP policy and is considered the cornerstone of GOP thinking.

There's more than I'm going to be able to do in a quick write up; but if Trump dropped dead tomorrow, it would be a reprieve perhaps, but not an end.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
A large share of the money in the aid bills is spent in the United States, paying for American factories and workers to produce the various weapons that are either shipped to Ukraine or that replenish the U.S. weapons stocks the Pentagon has drawn on during the war. One analysis, by the American Enterprise Institute, found that Ukraine aid is funding defense manufacturing in more than seventy U.S. cities. ...
If every penny was going to Ukraine to purchase weapons from other countries to defend itself, it would still be worth it. Imagine if funding Poland could have ended Hitler's expansion in WWII.

But since some people will create mock outrage over the spending (they do the same thing with NASA, imagine the utopia if we didn't spend that 0.03% of the budget on space); I'm going to re-emphasize your point above.

Rockets expire. It costs us money to decommission rockets. We are sending these to Ukraine as part of "spending", and they are disposing of said rockets for us for free. The money spent is going to American workers and American companies to replenish supplies for the American military; but some people just want to find a reason to be enraged; and Russian psyops are working very hard to make sure they find one.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
Supplying more and more weapons will NOT stop wars. Worse yet supplying weapons with borrowed money and leaving the debt to future generations is downright stupid.
Weapons absolutely end wars.

As to reigning in the deficit: I'm with you there. The primary cause of the deficit are Bush and Trump tax cuts. So far, those have added up to $9.7 trillion in lost revenue. What is supporting the people and democratic government of Ukraine (a country whos security we guaranteed, I might add) costing us? I want to get some perspective.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
And then you point to people coming with nothing, they find their way, the manage to get jobs, don´t complain, don´t blame anyone else..... these are the people that can make US into a great country again, these are the people who build great companies. Many of them are immigrants, coming to the US to just, get on with it and build something :cool:
Immigrants, both legally and illegally within the US.
  • Average younger than non-immigrants; which is important in an aging population with expensive elderly support.
  • Commit fewer crimes than non-immigrants.
  • Have a high employment rate in critical jobs that are exceptionally hard to fill without them.

I agree... I think that heavy taxation os wrong and probably not fair .... we could do the same by having way lover taxes and make it more even and maybe flat rate
US taxes are low.
"Flat tax" isn't really viable and is functionally regressive.

The GOP says they want to go back to "the way things were". Well, I agree with them regarding some aspects. Let's move back to a 40s-era tax structure... the one that the US was running when it created the worlds largest economy *and* largest middle class.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Rockets expire. It costs us money to decommission rockets. We are sending these to Ukraine as part of "spending", and they are disposing of said rockets for us for free. ....
LOL :D :D :D
And zero pollution here destroying it there.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The primary cause of the deficit are Bush and Trump tax cuts. So far, those have added up to $9.7 trillion in lost revenue. What is supporting the people and democratic government of Ukraine (a country whos security we guaranteed, I might add) costing us? I want to get some perspective.
LMAO, like the Dems don't bear any responsibility ?

The corporate tax rate in 2017 was 35% thanks to Obama I believe, which prompted some US companies to move their Hdq's overseas to lower and more favorable tax climates, Ireland being one, thus hurting Global competitiveness. It has been estimated that 2.5 trillion dollars in income earned abroad returned to the US as an outcome of the 2017 tax reform. Now Harris proposes to raise the current 21% to 28%..........

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
LMAO, like the Dems don't bear any responsibility ?
LMAO: Like the GOP doesn't bear the vast bulk of the responsability.

The corporate tax rate in 2017 was 35% thanks to Obama I believe, which prompted some US companies to move their Hdq's overseas to lower and more favorable tax climates, Ireland being one, thus hurting Global competitiveness. It has been estimated that 2.5 trillion dollars in income earned abroad returned to the US as an outcome of the 2017 tax reform. Now Harris proposes to raise the current 21% to 28%..........
The Reagan administration pushed for, and got, tax cuts for US companies who moved their manufacturing out of the US. So a bunch did.

Trump opposes free-trade agreements. If you ask Ford why they build in Mexico, it's not labor costs and it's not taxes... is that Mexico has more free trade agreements than the US.

Tesla paid $0 in federal taxes in 2022. How many of your dollars would you like to give them so that they don't leave? https://itep.org/55-profitable-corporations-zero-corporate-tax/

Meanwhile, marginal taxes were >70% in the first half of the 20th, and with that the US became the global leader.

Are you advocating that we race to the bottom? End all taxes (and so all government spending)? We'll get paid $1/hr (we have to compete with India or else companies will move there), and we won't have the little things (like sanitation and roads)... because that seems like where you are aiming us.

How about, instead, we create a tax system that makes sure that companies the benefit from US investments help fund those investments? Because there will always be someone willing to give a 0 tax rate.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis