M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
@Mr._Clark Since you just posted here, how can the Comstock Act be removed from the lawbooks.

Googled but no clear explanation how to remove. Does it need more than 50+ % by congress and Potus signature or something more?
Removing it would be the same as enacting a federal law. 50+ percentage of the House and Senate and presidential signature.

In theory parts or all of it could be declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court but my initial impression is that this is unlikely.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The hot microphone dispute is only an effort to publicly draw that out … to further waste time. Trump has already decided he will not directly debate Harris.
  • He only wants to appear on TV if he gets handed soft-ball questions by a friendly & sympathetic Faux News.
  • Trump is now the 'Old Guy'. Harris won't be as easy to befuddle as Biden was.
  • If he fails at his usual so-called TV debating tricks, he will only get further behind in the polls.
  • In a bit longer than a month, Harris & Walz have already erased on any lead that Trump & Vance believed they had.
  • Since Biden's announcement, the Democratic Party has raised about a half a billion dollars. Trump may believe that campaign money was stolen from him.
I just heard Anderson Cooper and Gen McMaster discussing Trump and debates- Cooper said that if someone compliments Trump, the interviewer/reporter can get away with asking harder questions than if they only ask the questions. Also talked about why he admires leaders who are strong- he wants to be a real boy, too.

I'm not sure the money is as much of a factor as it would be with normal candidates- he spent far less when he won because he got the media to constantly show him, everyone else had to pay for TV time.

If he would just shut up instead of making stupid comments.....

highfigh

highfigh

Yes, he did. Perhaps that helped in tripling the national debt.

Wonder how we had an economy booming after WWII with 80+% marginal rates? Certainly wasn't a depression.
That rate wasn't paid by most tax payers. That would be a real slap in the face if everyone had to pay it- imagine coming back from a war and finding out that your income would be minimal after taxes. Corporate tax rate was higher after WWII, as well.

highfigh

highfigh

The market is not hot. There are houses on the market over 200 days. Movement is not much happening at the moment.

The median price of a house is *way* over what's appropriate for a median income.

There are a few spots in the country that's not true; they tend to lack access to jobs (among other problems).
I wrote "buyers need to have their financing in place if they want to buy in a hot market.", not that the national market is hot but in many areas of MKE, signs go up and within a few days or a couple of weeks, they have changed to 'offer accepted' or 'sold'. These aren't one type of home, they range from moderate to high end. I wasn't making a sweeping generalization.

Home prices are high, rent is ridiculous.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not sure the money is as much of a factor as it would be with normal candidates-
Money with respect to the presidency ? I wonder where Obama came up with the 25 million to procure his three (at least) homes ?

highfigh

highfigh

Money with respect to the presidency ? I wonder where Obama came up with the 25 million to procure his three (at least) homes ?
Remember his "I mean, if someone has ten or fifteen million dollars, they have enough" comment?

Their net worth is about $70 million. Speaking engagements, book deals, investments.....

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The hot microphone dispute is only an effort to publicly draw that out … to further waste time. Trump has already decided he will not directly debate Harris.
  • He only wants to appear on TV if he gets handed soft-ball questions by a friendly & sympathetic Faux News.
  • Trump is now the 'Old Guy'. Harris won't be as easy to befuddle as Biden was.
  • If he fails at his usual so-called TV debating tricks, he will only get further behind in the polls.
  • In a bit longer than a month, Harris & Walz have already erased on any lead that Trump & Vance believed they had.
  • Since Biden's announcement, the Democratic Party has raised about a half a billion dollars. Trump may believe that campaign money was stolen from him.
Playbook: Scoop: The secret debate about the Trump-Harris debate - POLITICO

Harris’ campaign wants the mics to be hot at all times during the ABC debate, as has historically been the case at presidential debates.

“We have told ABC and other networks seeking to host a possible October debate that we believe both candidates’ mics should be live throughout the full broadcast,” BRIAN FALLON, the Harris campaign’s senior adviser for communications, told Playbook in a text message last night, confirming our reporting. “Our understanding is that Trump’s handlers prefer the muted microphone because they don’t think their candidate can act presidential for 90 minutes on his own. We suspect Trump’s team has not even told their boss about this dispute because it would be too embarrassing to admit they don’t think he can handle himself against Vice President Harris without the benefit of a mute button.”
It appears that Harris' team has a lot more faith in their candidate's ability to handle her opponent than Trump's has in his.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I just heard Anderson Cooper and Gen McMaster discussing Trump and debates- Cooper said that if someone compliments Trump, the interviewer/reporter can get away with asking harder questions than if they only ask the questions. Also talked about why he admires leaders who are strong- he wants to be a real boy, too.
McMaster described his meetings in the Oval Office as "exercises in competitive sycophancy", so yeah, Trump is very weak to flatter. US enemies, like Putin, uses that.

>>>In his blistering, insightful account of his time in the Trump White House, McMaster describes meetings in the Oval Office as “exercises in competitive sycophancy” during which Trump’s advisers would flatter the president by saying stuff like, “Your instincts are always right” or, “No one has ever been treated so badly by the press.” Meanwhile, Trump would say “outlandish” things like, “Why don’t we just bomb the drugs?” in Mexico or, “Why don’t we take out the whole North Korean Army during one of their parades?”<<<

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
Home prices are high, rent is ridiculous.
Agreed; but movement is low. Prices are dropping in every market I'm looking at. My house ended up going more than $50k below assessment, and I was not getting views (nor are the people around me).

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
Remember his "I mean, if someone has ten or fifteen million dollars, they have enough" comment?

Their net worth is about $70 million. Speaking engagements, book deals, investments.....
No. I don't. Can you cite it? I remember this quote:
“I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service.”

That's the closest I can find.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
The real question you should ask is "Where did the money to buy Clarence Thomas' mother's house come from" or "Where did Jared Kushner's firm get $2 billion from"

Carter put his peanut farm in a trust to remove the appearance of impropriety. Trump purchased hotels in Washington for people wanting to bribe him to stay at; and suddenly got green lit on properties in Russia and China.

highfigh

highfigh

Agreed; but movement is low. Prices are dropping in every market I'm looking at. My house ended up going more than $50k below assessment, and I was not getting views (nor are the people around me).
Location, location, location- I'm in the oldest part of the city where I live (adjacent to Milwaukee) and most houses sell quickly, for asking price and more. The house where I grew up sold the last time in a couple of days- I drove near it and saw the sign on a Saturday, on Tuesday, it had 'Offer Accepted'. I just checked that address on Zillow and the estimated selling price is up >60% since the April, 2018 selling price. Some sell within hours of the open house, some sell before a sign goes up. The house next door hit the market a couple of weeks ago and the listing shows that its value increased 108% in the last ten years.

The areas near Lake Drive sell quickly, even though they're very expensive- that market is often less affected because many buyers have enough cash to walk in and make it happen without a mortgage.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I think some members of this forum needs to be reminded what this is all about:

highfigh

highfigh

No. I don't. Can you cite it? I remember this quote:
“I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service.”

That's the closest I can find.
I'll look for a link.

Michelle said that generational wealth is "affirmative action for the rich"- who will get their millions?

Then, there's his "you didn't do that" comment. Did he do this? Inquiring minds want to know.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I'll look for a link.
Great! And find a credible one.

Michelle said that generational wealth is "affirmative action for the rich"- who will get their millions?
True, but it's not just about crass $$$ wealth. Connections are extremely valuable (in big part due to wealth). How else do you think Jared Kushner got that $2 billion investment from the corrupt, theocratic and brutally oppressive Saudi Arabia regime? The dude has no experience managing financial assets.

Then, there's his "you didn't do that" comment. Did he do this? Inquiring minds want to know.
Backtracked a few posts but didn't get that "you didn't do that" comment. Inquiring mind wants to know.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

That rate wasn't paid by most tax payers. That would be a real slap in the face if everyone had to pay it- imagine coming back from a war and finding out that your income would be minimal after taxes. Corporate tax rate was higher after WWII, as well.
Of course not paid by everyone. We were talking max marginal tax rates. ;)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
@mtrycrafts addressed the "marginal" part so I'll leave that. I think that very many Black veterans felt like being slapped in the face when returning from WWII only to find the benefits where for the White folks.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'll look for a link.

They're known to be generous donors to charity, but I don't think their kids will go hungry either. I don't think she meant that nobody should inherit wealth - just recognize the advantage gained by the happy accident of being born into wealth. Too many people who were born on third base think they hit a home run when they reach home plate. And, conversely, don't assume that people on the bottom rung of the economic ladder are lazy, stupid or otherwise undeserving.

I think if you asked him, he would admit that if he had remained a civil rights lawyer, nobody would be interested in reading his books or hearing him speak.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis