Looking for thoughts on ATI amps

70sMac

Junior Audioholic
Ummm... someone mentioned me? yep i'm Guilty! :D Its good to see AH members messing around once in awhile. All in fun bro! ;)
Hey, Gmoney, what's the story with your avatar? We lived in NOLA -- until Katie blew us out of town -- and I also like DB, so do tell?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Hey, Gmoney, what's the story with your avatar? We lived in NOLA -- until Katie blew us out of town -- and I also like DB, so do tell?
Who Dat! @70sMac! I'm from NOLA myself! My Son sent that pic in a text to me the other day. It's a pic of Drew Brees breaking another NFL recorded. It was Previously held by Brent Fave. What part of NOLA you guys where in? In the city? East bank? West Bank? or the Best Bank? ;) I have one surviving aunt on my mother side she lives off of Lapalco Boulevard still have a bunch of cousin's though. Belinda and Kathy them two lil little hussy's, ;) Gotta watch out for them kissing cousins man! o_O Lol. Anyways My Son's and I make no less than Two home game's in the Dome every year but with this Zombie apocalypse looks like this will be the first year in a long time we don't get make any Saints home games. As you guess we ain't to happy about that being this is more than likely Drew Brees last year in NFL.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Something is wrong with this picture. Where’s the 200” screen and $100K Projector? Add those 2 items and you got yourself a deal! :D
Haha! I’ve decided to just have a two channel room. Be a true Super Extreme Audiophile.

When deciding on speakers and components, I just kept thinking “Treat Yo Self!!”
1600262849276.jpeg

70sMac

Junior Audioholic
Who Dat! @70sMac! I'm from NOLA myself! My Son sent that pic in a text to me the other day. It's a pic of Drew Brees breaking another NFL recorded. It was Previously held by Brent Fave. What part of NOLA you guys where in? In the city? East bank? West Bank? or the Best Bank? ;) I have one surviving aunt on my mother side she lives off of Lapalco Boulevard still have a bunch of cousin's though. Belinda and Kathy them two lil little hussy's, ;) Gotta watch out for them kissing cousins man! o_O Lol. Anyways My Son's and I make no less than Two home game's in the Dome every year but with this Zombie apocalypse looks like this will be the first year in a long time we don't get make any Saints home games. As you guess we ain't to happy about that being this is more than likely Drew Brees last year in NFL.
Bonjour à mon ami NOLA, Gmoney! :)

I'm not originally from NOLA, but I am as southern as the saw grass, nevertheless. We lived in Harvey first and then we moved to Gretna...until Katie blew us out of town in '05. We still have folks living in the area 'til this day. Actually, they lived in Violet until it was [literally] washed off of the map, and now they're located north of Lake P. I gotta feel bad for their entire family because my cousin's mother, father, sisters and brothers were shrimp folk who, living directly on the bayou (near Violet), lost it all during the storm.

I remember going to Ol' Metairie after the storm and helping a friend gut his rental property -- what a damn mess that was. Putting that aside, I hope that your folks weren't hit too hard by the storm and, if they were, I hope that they've managed to make things right again. Geaux NOLA!
:D

70sMac

Junior Audioholic
Although I have this funny feeling ;) that some of the folks who participated in this ATI power amp thread will not exactly approve, we just put a deposit on a 1000W McSpaceHeater (MCSH). Like I said, we have long, brutal winters here in the mountains, so we'll be putting our feet up on our new MCSH and changing the discs in our Oppo players with a warm kind of grin on our faces. We hope that you [other] folks with class A/B power amps will also stay warm over the coming winter, too. :) Thanks for participating!

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Although I have this funny feeling ;) that some of the folks who participated in this ATI power amp thread will not exactly approve, we just put a deposit on a 1000W McSpaceHeater (MCH). Like I said, we have long, brutal winters here in the mountains, so we'll be putting our feet up on our new MCH and change the discs in our Oppo players with a warm kind of grin on our faces. We hope that you [other] folks with class A/B power amps will also stay warm over the coming winter, too. :) Thanks for participating!
Congrats. It's all about willing to pay for it. If you are willing to pay for it, that's great.

70sMac

Junior Audioholic
Congrats. It's all about willing to pay for it. If you are willing to pay for it, that's great.
In this case, it was pay the Mac man - or pay the lawyer. The Mrs has become quite the Mac snob over the years...I created a monster... :eek: ...not a terrible problem to have, though.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
In this case, it was pay the Mac man - or pay the lawyer. The Mrs has become quite the Mac snob over the years...I created a monster... :eek: ...not a terrible problem to have, though.
@70sMac, If I could I would, I'm trying to find a Bob Carver TFM-25 or 35 in Good working order right now. There's a few on fleebay, I had one back in the mid 90's loved it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Definitely a very RARE problem to have. :D

OTOH, my snobby wife is 100% more interested in collecting real estate properties in Orange Country California. :eek: So it seems we all have our own sets of first world problems to deal with. :D

I tell her it makes me happy when I sell things like Yamaha A-S2200, CX-A5200, MX-A5200, ATI AT527NC, JVC NX7, and she looks at me with her snobby smile and says, “If....that....makes you happy, honey”. :mad:

Last edited:

70sMac

Junior Audioholic
Definitely a very RARE problem to have. :D

OTOH, my snobby wife is 100% more interested in collecting real estate properties in Orange Country California. :eek: So it seems we all have our own sets of first world problems to deal with. :D

I tell her it makes me happy when I sell things like Yamaha A-S2200, CX-A5200, MX-A5200, ATI AT527NC, JVC NX7, and she looks at me with her snobby smile and says, “If....that....makes you happy, honey”. :mad:
It seems that we have something in common, AcuDefTechGuy. ;)

Do you have any thoughts on ... dare I say ... powered subwoofers? I realize that there's another board for this topic, but I though that I'd ask the folks who've been participating to this thread about it anyway....

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
With an average selling price for single family homes in Orange County of ~$750,000, and CA income tax to pay if you rent them out, good luck with that.

70sMac

Junior Audioholic
It's strictly coincidental, but I've already done some reading up on both the SVS and the PSA Rythmik subwoofers. Does anyone on the thread own -- or have previously owned -- either brand?

If you have, I'd appreciate your thoughts on the brand(s). The ratings I've seen for the SVS brand, for example, are very good, so I'm wondering why folks are willing to lay down so much more for the PSA Rythmik units?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
SVS, Hsu, Rythmik, Power Sound Audio, Seaton, JTR, Funk all would be good considerations for subs as well as some others. I've not owned the two brands you're curious about, tho....these days I just build my own....but quite a few SVS owners here, probably not quite as many Rythmik owners. SVS has a killer customer service package and is quite a bit bigger than Rythmik now....

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
It's strictly coincidental, but I've already done some reading up on both the SVS and the PSA Rythmik subwoofers. Does anyone on the thread own -- or have previously owned -- either brand?

If you have, I'd appreciate your thoughts on the brand(s). The ratings I've seen for the SVS brand, for example, are very good, so I'm wondering why folks are willing to lay down so much more for the PSA Rythmik units?
Its just like cars and trucks. Everyone has their favorites.
They are all great subwoofers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis