Home Theater Karaoke Configuration

uicjeff

uicjeff

Audiophyte
I'd to add a karaoke system to my home theatre, similar to what our family and friends would go to at a bowling alley or restaurant.

Requirements would be:
~27" Monitor for Singers (standing in front of the home theatre)
Lyrics on the Home theatre screen as well for the audience
Wireless Mics and Stands

My current plan is to use either youtube or a laptop with something like Karafun software and the source. Use the wireless mics, a repurposed Russound P75 2 channel amp and a couple of Klipsch R-15M bookshelf speakers for sound. Then send Video out to the projector and to a 27" monitor from my XMC-2 pre-pro using HDMI 1 and 2 out.

However after reading this thread I'm wondering if I could/should use a mixer and run it all through the same system? Would this eliminated mic and speaker feedback?

Pro/Cons?
Thoughts?
TIA,
Jeff

My Current 7.2.4 System
Speakers:
Front Right & Left: Klipsch RP-280F FLOORSTANDING SPEAKERS, Center: Klipsch RP-440C , Side Surrounds: Klipsch RP 250S, Back Surrounds: Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-600M, Subwoofers(2): SVS PB-3000 - SW (Left & Right front), Height channels (4): SVS - Prime Elevation (Ceiling mounted)
Prepro: Emotiva XMC-2
Amps: Emotiva BYO XPA- seven-0 gen3 & XPA-5 Gen 3
Projector: Sony VPL-VW295es
Screen: Screen Innovations 7 Series Fixed - Black Diamond Fixed Frame Screen 120"
Power Conditioner/Surge protection: Panamax 5300-PM Power conditioner
Sources: Panasonic UB820 Blu-Ray Player, Sony UPB-x700 Blu-ray player (For SACDs), Xbox one, Playstation 4, Roku Ultra, FireTV 4K(For Tidal Atmos), Sega Genesis and a Chromecast Ultra.
Front Row seating: SeatCraft Vienna Multimedia Sofa w/ SoundShakers
Side Seating: SeatCraft Vienna Multimedia Loveseat w/ SoundShakers
2nd Row seating: Seatcraft Monterey Back Row of 3 Loveseat right w/ SoundShakers
Room Dimensions: 28’ x 13’ Layout in Floorplanner
Uses: Movies: UHD Dolby Atmos Blu-rays & Streaming (60%), Music Tidal/SACDs (20%), sporting events (10%) and Video Games (10%)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis