Looking for thoughts on ATI amps

70sMac

Junior Audioholic
If that’s true, it’s in a class BELOW everything else since no body in their right minds these days should make space-heater amps that are so inefficient. Unless they intend to also use them as space heaters in the winter time. :D
We live in the mountains, so we have long, brutal winters here...so who do you go to when you need to heat space? Moon Audio, of course. :cool:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I wish they would get rid of that autotransformer at the output and pass on the savings. All that thing does is for "impedance matching" that is practically useless for real world use.

Of course I won't buy any McIntosh amps myself, I posted that one only because I was amazed see one could be had for $3,000 less than the Yamaha 5000 that actually has lower specs.
Those Yamaha 5000-series preamp, amp, and speakers are for people who own those $100K Yamaha Yachts and want a system for listening to music in their yachts while they are not out riding their $9,000 Yamaha Jet Ski WaveRunners. Gotta match everything you know. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I wish they would get rid of that autotransformer at the output and pass on the savings. All that thing does is for "impedance matching" that is practically useless for real world use.

Of course I won't buy any McIntosh amps myself, I posted that one only because I was amazed see one could be had for $3,000 less than the Yamaha 5000 that actually has lower specs.
Lower than Yamaha? @AcuDefTechGuy , PENG just posted up Yamaha got crappy specs!! :p Bring the hammer Thor!!
6382F80E-0207-4604-AB04-A46736CEB4B8.gif

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
We live in the mountains, so we have long, brutal winters here...so who do you go to when you need to heat space? Moon Audio, of course. :cool:
Does Moon Audio sell Class-A amps Space Heaters? :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Lower than Yamaha? @AcuDefTechGuy , PENG just posted up Yamaha got crappy specs!! :p Bring the hammer Thor!!
View attachment 39843
Well, PENG is just jealous of your $130K Yamaha Yacht, $9K Yamaha WaveRunner, $27K Yamaha Motorcycle, and $1.3 Million Super Sports Car. ;)

I mean when you own a $1.3 Million Yamaha car, are you going to settle for a cheap s$$ McIntosh amp? Please, hells no! :D

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Those Yamaha 5000-series preamp, amp, and speakers are for people who own those $100K Yamaha Yachts and want a system for listening to music in their yachts while they are not out riding their $9,000 Yamaha Jet Ski WaveRunners. Gotta match everything you know. :D
Great point, so "Price match" is the reason for the inflated price of the power amp:p!

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, PENG is just jealous of your $100K Yamaha Yacht, $9K Yamaha WaveRunner, $27K Yamaha Motorcycle, and $1.3 Million Super Sports Car. ;)
Not at all, just surprised by the inflated price of an averaged spec'ed power amp. Now that you've explained it so well, it certainly clears things up.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Great point, so "Price match" is the reason for the inflated price of the power amp:p!
Well, that, and the fact that all the symbols have to match. Very important to match the symbols. :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wish I had a dollar for every time you've said this. Yes we all know what Gene has Fan Boy
Perhaps I should have said, "The RBH SVTRS Limited Edition Active Speaker System", instead of "Gene's new speakers".

Last edited:

70sMac

Junior Audioholic
I hope once you find your next amp that everything that is hooked up to it is all AudioQuest cables. If you don't use AudioQuest cables it's not real sound. Also, make sure to get the little cable blocks to put on the floor so your cables don't touch the floor. Just my two cents.
Well, that, and the fact that all the symbols have to match. Very important to match the symbols. :D
Matching symbols is right up there with impedance matching, but that issue pales in comparison to the "cable block" factor. Do not let your welding/speaker cables touch the floor - ever! :eek:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Matching symbols is right up there with impedance matching, but that issue pales in comparison to the "cable block" factor. Do not let your welding/speaker cables touch the floor - ever! :eek:
You're getting out of control! :D

Yamaki

Yamaki

Audiophyte
Yup...ya never want to do that....ever....

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
What do you guys think of my new setup? Got a great deal on everything. $400k out the door. I couldn't be happier!

McIntosh-4412.jpg

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
What do you guys think of my new setup? Got a great deal on everything. $400k out the door. I couldn't be happier!

View attachment 39857
Is that 5-story, 12,000 sq-ft townhouse in NYC your's too? How much do you get when you rent it out to movie and TV production companies?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis