Help! I need to pick a new Subwoofer and speakers!

M

mvp

Junior Audioholic
OK folks. I chose some equipment and wanted to let you all know. I caught the SVS sale and purchased the PB 3000 sub, the ultra center, the ultra bookshelf speakers from Front R&L, and the Prime satellite speakers for the surround sound (Rear R&L). I had a handyman come in and mount my TV to the wall a bit higher so I could fit the ultra center below it. I also had him put an outlet behind the TV and had him run cables behind the walls so you don't see the cables running to the TV. And it ended up that I had enough rooom to have the bookshelf speaker on the case also, which is great to have them off the floor for cleaning and to keep away from the dog. I had an audio installer come in and setup the audio (Audessy), configure the Denon settings, and clean up the wires. I have attached the pictures. I am very happy with the sound the SVS was wonderful to work with. And you can't beat the free shipping, including free return shipping. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help!! It really helped me decide on the right sub/speakers and arrangement. I am very thankful to you all and this forum!!
B74983F4-48AF-4112-9EC9-9161C8FC61E4.jpg
2CE5A533-3BC1-42F8-A978-FFFDDBC188DA.jpg
195F2DFA-C001-446D-8141-26829AD1E3BF.jpg

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Hi Maria,

Hopefully you like the system and get many years of enjoyment from it.

Of course some of us would have tweaked the speakers positions differently, but at the end of the day it's yours to live with and enjoy.

Can you advise any perceptions versus your old Bose System? Music / TV / Movies /Concerts? That's where the feedback is appreciated.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
OK folks. I chose some equipment and wanted to let you all know. I caught the SVS sale and purchased the PB 3000 sub, the ultra center, the ultra bookshelf speakers from Front R&L, and the Prime satellite speakers for the surround sound (Rear R&L). I had a handyman come in and mount my TV to the wall a bit higher so I could fit the ultra center below it. I also had him put an outlet behind the TV and had him run cables behind the walls so you don't see the cables running to the TV. And it ended up that I had enough rooom to have the bookshelf speaker on the case also, which is great to have them off the floor for cleaning and to keep away from the dog. I had an audio installer come in and setup the audio (Audessy), configure the Denon settings, and clean up the wires. I have attached the pictures. I am very happy with the sound the SVS was wonderful to work with. And you can't beat the free shipping, including free return shipping. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help!! It really helped me decide on the right sub/speakers and arrangement. I am very thankful to you all and this forum!!View attachment 56580View attachment 56581View attachment 56582
Nice!!!! Does it blow your old Bose system away? Lol :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
OK folks. I chose some equipment and wanted to let you all know. I caught the SVS sale and purchased the PB 3000 sub, the ultra center, the ultra bookshelf speakers from Front R&L, and the Prime satellite speakers for the surround sound (Rear R&L). I had a handyman come in and mount my TV to the wall a bit higher so I could fit the ultra center below it. I also had him put an outlet behind the TV and had him run cables behind the walls so you don't see the cables running to the TV. And it ended up that I had enough rooom to have the bookshelf speaker on the case also, which is great to have them off the floor for cleaning and to keep away from the dog. I had an audio installer come in and setup the audio (Audessy), configure the Denon settings, and clean up the wires. I have attached the pictures. I am very happy with the sound the SVS was wonderful to work with. And you can't beat the free shipping, including free return shipping. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help!! It really helped me decide on the right sub/speakers and arrangement. I am very thankful to you all and this forum!!View attachment 56580View attachment 56581View attachment 56582
That was a GREAT idea to use the sub as a end table between your seating. Good call putting the sub nearfield is my favorite way to go on subs!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis