Hard time deciding between two receivers

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Do you mean doubling up the +pos and -neg 14 gauge conductors for 11 gauge legs on the speaker cables?

I read that capacitance was affected by separating the two legs in a speaker cable but it was above my pay grade. I always wondered if it was in fact okay to do this with a 14/2 cables.
That is correct, capacitance may be higher than that of a single run 11 ga but since ordinary speaker cable, like zip cords are so low (unit used are typically pF, pico farads) that even if it doubles in value and for long runs such as the OP's, the effect is negligible. The reason why I used two runs for one of my systems was for the ease of handling (for example, more flexible).

Exotic cable would be a different story, it is best to stay away from those as they may in fact change the "sound signature", may even be enough to make an audible difference but I really don't know.

Nelson Pass had done some tests some 40 years ago:
I trust his technical findings to a large extent, but not his subjective findings, not at all..

Pass LabsSPEAKER CABLES: Science or Snake Oil - Pass Labs

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
14 ga seems totally fine for my length with 6 ohms (even for 40 feet). In what way would it be close to limit?
I did not bother doing my own calculations because I trust Roger Russel enough. In his table, it shows 40' as the limit for 14 ga, 4 ohms. That's why I thought 14 ga would be adequate, just too close to the limit. To me, everything those online calculators or tables show, I would apply at least a factor of 2 as safe margin, headroom etc.. That's just me, no one has to follow my rule, some may prefer to use a factor of 1.1, 3 or higher, its up to the individual obviously.

Speaker Wire (roger-russell.com)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
oh in case your guys have time I drop some links here where I possibly can buy from (the receiver, maybe there is some hidden gem there lol):
First
Second
Third
Fourth
Fifth

If you guys have some time, you can take look, and thank you for already helping and enlightening me so much :)
Based on prices, it seems to me the AVR-X3700H is clearly the sweet spot. It has 11 channel processing capability, 8K/HDMI2.1..etc., compared to the RX-A2080's 9 channel processing and 4K/HDMI2.0). It also rank in the top 10 of those measured by Audiosciencereview.com I don't want to get into the debate in terms of D vs M, vs Sony vs Yamaha on subjective ground, that's why I stick to specs, price and measurements that are closer to facts than opinions whether they mean much to you or not. :)

Last edited:
C

cafez

Junior Audioholic
I won't be going 9.1 in my current room, max 7.2. So I would save some money and go for 2700h :)
Tbh 7.1 is definitely enough for my room.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hmm it's still so hard to decide which one to go with. Music is not my top priority (I have hd660s for my music :D), but I still lean towards Sony cause of its superior user experience (less buggy than V6A) and its performance when it comes to Movies. aah i dont know lol
You’re a smart guy to like the Sony. For $100 more you can get the ES version which has an extended Warranty. ZA810ES

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I won't be going 9.1 in my current room, max 7.2. So I would save some money and go for 2700h :)
It's not about the channels it's about the ability to add amps later on if you ever need them it's also about the 3700 bench test really strong against the 2700 it has a better amp section just a just a little bit of knowledge

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
It's not about the channels it's about the ability to add amps later on if you ever need them it's also about the 3700 bench test really strong against the 2700 it has a better amp section just a just a little bit of knowledge
It could be about many things or nothing at all. Only discovery of needs after the purchase will reveal the whether or not the purchased unit can realize needs coming to be recognized.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
It could be about many things or nothing at all. Only discovery of needs after the purchase will reveal the whether or not the purchased unit can realize needs coming to be recognized.
The guy forcing him to go for X3700H over the X2700H seems to be a salesman of Denon I believe. I won't be an obstacle tho, if it makes em richer, good for him. Salesman have to fulfill their targets afterall.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
If that's your need (including the output power) then yes the 2700 is just as good.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
The guy forcing him to go for X3700H over the X2700H seems to be a salesman of Denon I believe. I won't be an obstacle tho, if it makes em richer, good for him. Salesman have to fulfill their targets afterall.
Who's the salesman you stupid FUCKK?

Just stating real life facts instead of the Bullshit you post on here. It's up to the OP to make his own mind up. I'd rather see him with the information and knowledge instead of later on him posting all I made a mistake or I didn't know

C

cafez

Junior Audioholic
Uuh things got kinda hot here :)
I just ordered the receiver. Decided to go with 2700h (I am already spending alot for me so discounted 2700h was just cherry on top for me). But man, you guys helped me out with so much and I also learned so so many new things :)

C

cafez

Junior Audioholic
I can give you guys if somebody is interested once I get everything running an update hehe, although cables are taking little over week to get here due to covid :(

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I can give you guys if somebody is interested once I get everything running an update hehe, although cables are taking little over week to get here due to covid :(
Hope you like your new AVR, I bought mine from the store directly tho & set it up by myself.

If you don't like the sound or anything you can still complain here & ask for opinions on how to improve it, but then if it eventually fails then you know where to go next.

C

cafez

Junior Audioholic
Hope you like your new AVR, I bought mine from the store directly tho & set it up by myself.

If you don't like the sound or anything you can still complain here & ask for opinions on how to improve it, but then if it eventually fails then you know where to go next.

I have 14 day send back option here in estonia, so if I idk why, but really hate something about my system I can send it back heh.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Who's the salesman you stupid FUCKK?

Just stating real life facts instead of the Bullshit you post on here. It's up to the OP to make his own mind up. I'd rather see him with the information and knowledge instead of later on him posting all I made a mistake or I didn't know
For a moment I thought I was in the Steam Vent :rolleyes:

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Since "movies" are your primary focus now, the Sony will be hard to beat at that price point. With its sizeable feature set for streaming, Bravia sync, etc (especially if you have a Sony tv, playstation, other Sony "lifestyle" oriented stuff, etc), it will be a added bonus.

So, don't have a hard time deciding and go with the Sony man!

P.S.
But, of course, when you have some extra dough in your wallet and feel like you're more of a music guy one day (in the future), get your hands on that Sony TA-A1ES class A amp ;)
When you have even more extra dough in your wallet and feel like even more of a music guy another day (in the future), get your hands on those Sony SS-NA2ES speakers as well. ;);)

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Since "movies" are your primary focus now, the Sony will be hard to beat at that price point. With its sizeable feature set for streaming, Bravia sync, etc (especially if you have a Sony tv, playstation, other Sony "lifestyle" oriented stuff, etc), it will be a added bonus.

So, don't have a hard time deciding and go with the Sony man!
"I just ordered the receiver. Decided to go with 2700h"

What part of post #51 did you not understand

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
"I just ordered the receiver. Decided to go with 2700h"

What part of post #51 did you not understand
Ah, i was fashionably late to the party and didn't read every post.

But, here's another post from him that you should try to comprehend, my friend.
"I have 14 day send back option here in estonia, so if I idk why, but really hate something about my system I can send it back heh. "
As you can see, he's in a state of malleability for another 14 days. ;)

Alrighty, i'm gonna jet this thread and let SachB and mazer take over.

Put all your gamblin money for the day on the table and git ready for the showdown lads...

SachB Vs mazersteven THUNDERDOME in 10...9...8...7........bwaaaahahahahaha

C

cafez

Junior Audioholic
Wow, First mail I got today said sorry but we are out of stock for this model (2700h). Maybe it was fate that I wasn' t supposed to get that one lol (Said if ok we can order it, will take 2-4 weeks).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis