Getting the full SDA Effect from Polk L800 Speakers

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
6k 118 pounds wow those must be some spectacular speakers I can’t dream of probably ever affording them , certainly can’t carry those. SDA sounds legitimate they look like true bipoles . Can’t even carry my plasma tv or sub.
One day you will be able to afford them!

R

Ramiro

Audiophyte
At long last, we finally bring you our review of the Polk L800 floorstanding speakers. The L800 is a unique and relatively complex design for a loudspeaker, but what it delivers is one of the best soundstages that you could ever hope to hear from stereo sound from any speaker set at any price. Its advantage is the SDA technology, updated and improved from its former incarnations, now dubbed the ‘SDA PRO.’ The SDA technology does have some catches though, such as some rather particular placement requirements, a strong preference for single-ended amplifiers, the need for an extra cable that joins the speakers, and a bit more treble than the highly neutral response that the L800s produce with the SDA disengaged. However, what we get for these trade-offs is a speaker that images like none other, regardless of price.

View attachment 46356

Read: Polk L800 Speaker Review
Hello, I read your article on
At long last, we finally bring you our review of the Polk L800 floorstanding speakers. The L800 is a unique and relatively complex design for a loudspeaker, but what it delivers is one of the best soundstages that you could ever hope to hear from stereo sound from any speaker set at any price. Its advantage is the SDA technology, updated and improved from its former incarnations, now dubbed the ‘SDA PRO.’ The SDA technology does have some catches though, such as some rather particular placement requirements, a strong preference for single-ended amplifiers, the need for an extra cable that joins the speakers, and a bit more treble than the highly neutral response that the L800s produce with the SDA disengaged. However, what we get for these trade-offs is a speaker that images like none other, regardless of price.

View attachment 46356

Read: Polk L800 Speaker Review
Great in formational article, I have a question, is Carver TM 35 Amp, an amplifier a with single-ended output SDA amp?, and if it is would a single amp satisfy or would you recommend a dual amp, specially with the output wattage they produce?.

R

Ramiro

Audiophyte
Great in formational article, I have a question, is Carver TM 35 Amp, an amplifier a with single-ended output SDA amp?, and if it is would a single amp satisfy or would you recommend a dual amp, specially with the output wattage they produce?.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
This is an old review. You should ask by using @gene otherwise he will never see your questions

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis