Getting That Itch Again...

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Watched the ending of Endgame last night. The whole final battle. Jeezum bawls, I gotta watch some more action movies! A big ass nearfield sub is a whole 'nother level for 'splosions and action scenes! My wife- "I can feel my eyeballs vibrating in my head!" :p
Oh wow! Gives me hope for when I move my little PB-1000 nearfield. Encouraging news.
I honestly can't imagine what is going on at your house. My buddy has crazy PSA subs and those things that shake the couch and that's the craziest bass I ever experienced.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
You could get crafty and build a credenza/sofa table kinda think to fit along the back of the sofa, over and around the Sub.
Would really tie those rooms together. ;)
I was gonna say you could put a fittable table over it. It's was easy for me cause the subs are 8 inch. I'm sure you can find something. Put your alcohol beverage of your choice and chill.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You could get crafty and build a credenza/sofa table kinda think to fit along the back of the sofa, over and around the Sub.
Would really tie those rooms together. ;)
I was gonna say you could put a fittable table over it. It's was easy for me cause the subs are 8 inch. I'm sure you can find something. Put your alcohol beverage of your choice and chill.
You guys are reading my mind. That is what I'm thinking about. If I can find a table that'd fit right over it, it wouldn't look so out of place. For now it sounds fracking awesome right there tho. Maybe this weekend I'll play around with some other ideas I have floating around in my head and do some more experimenting.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You guys are reading my mind. That is what I'm thinking about. If I can find a table that'd fit right over it, it wouldn't look so out of place. For now it sounds fracking awesome right there tho. Maybe this weekend I'll play around with some other ideas I have floating around in my head and do some more experimenting.
Easiest DIY is the Black Iron Pipe used for gas and some Oak or Walnut planks with a gel stain.
This is a desk:
1617123740885.png

But think something like two small book case units on either side of the sub and a single blank on top tyeing them together into a Sofa Table... more like this:
1617123957500.png

...but a cross between the two.

:cool:

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
My wife- "I can feel my eyeballs vibrating in my head!" :p
Testing conducted by the US air force showed that the average human eyeball has a resonant frequency of 19Hz. If I remember right, test subjects reported their vision being blurred. Try playing a 19Hz test tone to see what happens! I don't think your eyeballs will explode, if that is what you are worried about, they are too well damped.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Testing conducted by the US air force showed that the average human eyeball has a resonant frequency of 19Hz. If I remember right, test subjects reported their vision being blurred. Try playing a 19Hz test tone to see what happens! I don't think your eyeballs will explode, if that is what you are worried about, they are too well damped.
I'm having so much fun with this new sub. I'm sold on nearfield now, tho I expected to be based on your suggestion. Plus I've heard @Bucknekked's nearfield setup too, and he has it dialed in really nice. I didn't even know there was a sub behind the chair I was sitting in!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I made a quick li'l video of it in action! @Danzilla31

It just eats it up! Ha ha!
That's friggin awesome!!! I told you those subs are amazing bro. I bet that near field feeling in moments like that are epic!!! I was looking at your graphs too great job with the calibration. It sounds like adding that third sub solved your mid bass null issue. And deepened your infrasonics!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I made a quick li'l video of it in action! @Danzilla31

It just eats it up! Ha ha!
One of these days I'm going to have to make a road trip up they're I gotta experience what that sounds like someday bro! I promise no ports will be harmed in the process. I swear!!! ;)

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I'm having so much fun with this new sub. I'm sold on nearfield now, tho I expected to be based on your suggestion. Plus I've heard @Bucknekked's nearfield setup too, and he has it dialed in really nice. I didn't even know there was a sub behind the chair I was sitting in!
I can tell you @Pogre that the music room sounds as good as ever. I have that subwoofer set to stun so no visitors are actually harmed. I love that first time visitor experience. Nobody ever knows where the sub is and I don't tell em. But as soon as it gets fired up its a wonderful surprise. I make sure to demonstrate tonally neutral music first so people know I'm not rigging the room like some teenage boy in one of them cars that just goes "boom, boom, boom" all the time. The system is actually remarkabley neutral. If there is no big bass, the sub just disappears. If there is, well, you still can't tell where its coming from even if it does vibrate your chest and eyeballs.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
we may have to do another audition in each others homes. I really enjoyed doing that before

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I can tell you @Pogre that the music room sounds as good as ever. I have that subwoofer set to stun so no visitors are actually harmed. I love that first time visitor experience. Nobody ever knows where the sub is and I don't tell em. But as soon as it gets fired up its a wonderful surprise. I make sure to demonstrate tonally neutral music first so people know I'm not rigging the room like some teenage boy in one of them cars that just goes "boom, boom, boom" all the time. The system is actually remarkabley neutral. If there is no big bass, the sub just disappears. If there is, well, you still can't tell where its coming from even if it does vibrate your chest and eyeballs.
Buck! How you been? As you just saw, I was thinking about you recently! Yeah, I got me a new toy and parked it right behind me. I picked up a RBH SV-1212NR on Craigslist for $900! The seller threw in an old amp with a blown channel because he figured he probably wouldn't be able to sell it anyway. It's still 900 watts with the 1 working channel tho, so I'm pretty good for power too.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Buck! How you been? As you just saw, I was thinking about you recently! Yeah, I got me a new toy and parked it right behind me. I picked up a RBH SV-1212NR on Craigslist for $900! The seller threw in an old amp with a blown channel because he figured he probably wouldn't be able to sell it anyway. It's still 900 watts with the 1 working channel tho, so I'm pretty good for power too.
900 watts? You can never have too much horsepower or watts in an amp.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The RYTHMIK LV12-F is back ordered until late May which is a drag because I want it now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis