Enter to Win: Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System valued at $1999!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

soundbyte

Audiophyte
1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?
Amp/Receiver, Speakers, Sub(s) - I'm a true Neophyte, I have an Aiwa all in one system in gray

Sources - Panasonic Blu Ray (black), Panasonic DVD/VCR (gray), Wii (white), Scientific Atlanta cable box (gray)

AV furniture - Cherry entertainment center

Other - Vizio 52"tv

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Everything, I would like a system that when I watch a movie, I am not only engulfed visually but by the audio also

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? That's hard to say. You can have a really good amp/reciever but if the speakers are no good then what's the point. Same thing if you have good speakers but nothing to drive them the sound will still be pathetic.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.
I rank the importance a 2 because where I currently have my subwoofer is not placed near my stereo system.

J

joealtus

Audiophyte
1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?

1. Amp/Receiver - Integra 9.9, Cinema Sunfire Grand, BK ST1400II (rears), Samson SX2400 (subs)

2. Speakers - L/R: NHT VT-2 C: NHT VS2a Surr: NHT L5 Rear Surr: NHT SB1 - Black

3. Sub(s) - SVS CS Ultra and CS12-NSD

4. Sources - Oppo BDP-83, Xbox 360, PS3, DirecTV HD DVR

5. AV furniture - nothing spectacular, home theater curved couch from Star Furniture

6. Other - Optoma HD80

2) What would you change in your home theater system?

Speakers, projector, furniture (something that reclines).

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?

Speakers.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.

I would say it is a 3. My HT is a dedicated room. The subs are in the corners along the front wall and there is little light there. So long as the subs are black and blend into the front wall, which is also black, I'm happy.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
pick me, pick me!

Sherwood newcastle - Black
Axiom Audio and THIEL speakers - various
and now that we're all posting our product inventory to public forums, I should mention that Jack from "24" guards my equipment 24/7/365.:D

Better room, it's multipurpose, w/ compomises for family living.

move from existing 47 to 52 or 57" screen

1 - sort of a spereate item - mine is black, black goes with everything, right?

B

bluextatic

Audiophyte
I want to win

Amp/Receiver -
Harman/Kardon AVR 645 silver/black

Speakers----
Polk Audio RTi 10 (front) Black Oak
JBL L810 Cherry (surround)
Infinity Beta 360 (center) Black Oak

Sub(s)
HSU VTF3 MK3 Black

Sources
Harman Kardon DVD 31
Harman kardon DVD48
Harman kardon Fl 8380 CD Player

TEAC X3 reel to reel 1980 model
Sony DVD Recorder

APC H15 HT Power filter

AV furniture -
Z-Line

Other

New 46" Television, New Front Speakers, New seperate 5 channel Amplifier and Pre-Pro
New Blue Ray Player, new center.

5-channel or three + two channel power amps and new pre-pro,
or front and center speakers

My sub sits pretty much in a corner so I don't care what color it is. If it were a beautiful sub, I would love to have a gloss black one, to place where everyone can see it. I give it a 3 with what I have and a 9 if I had a new beautiful Aperian sub to show off.

Note this contest ends on July 31st, 2010. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Click here for eligibility and contest rules.

K

kublakhan

Audiophyte

1. Amp/Receiver - Pioneer Elite VSX-52 (1993) (not kidding - works perfectly and haven't turned it off in 17 years except to move)
2. Speakers - Polk LS-90, CS-350LS, LS/fx - all black, original owner, mint
3. Sub(s) - none. want Epik Dual Empires, mebbe x2 (=x4)
4. Sources - Oppo DV9811HD XBox360, XBox, PS3, PS2, PS, DirectTV HD DVR
5. AV furniture - Built myself, mostly MDF, always changing and improving
6. Other - Sony KDS60-A2000

2) What would you change in your home theater system? front projector, maybe magnepans

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? trade receiver for separates, emotiva amps and a pre w/ dual/stereo sub outs

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. don't have one, LS-90's play pretty low (esp. w/boost), but want several, eitheer match or black

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Amp/Receiver Yamaha/Emotiva
Speakers Polk Audio front & center. Yamaha surrounds
Sub(s) SVS
Sources Dish sat box, Oppo BD player, Yamaha DVD

All black.

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Room treatments would be nice. But considering it's the living room; probably ain't gonna happen.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Speakers.

4. It was more important (no so much to me :rolleyes:) that the sub didn't clash with the furniture. Black was the color of choice.

S

stantheman2

Audiophyte
Amp/Receiver Denon AVR 2700, black
Speakers older JBL, entry level
Sub(s) KLH
Sources Oppo DV-980H, cable box
AV furniture None
Other APC Power Conditioner

2) What would you change in your home theater system? speakers, receiver, dvd player

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? speakers first, then receiver

4 - it matters to my wife, I don't really care

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hmthtre

Audiophyte
Amp/Receiver denon 1909 black
Speakers ascend acoustics 170se fronts,340se center,200 surrounds all black
Sub(s) Ed A2-300 black
Sources sony bluray black, oppo dvd black, fios dvr silver
AV furniture
Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? room layout

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? speakers

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain

4 - like basic black in my theater since its usually dark lighting for projector otherwise not too picky would care more if in family/living room

P

PhilCohen

Audioholic
Aperion Audio wants you to win!

Aperion Audio is away the chance to win one (1) Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System to one (1) eligible forum member! The Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System is a $1999 value!

Features of Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System:

Front Speakers: 2 Intimus 6B Bookshelf Speaker
  • Dimensions: 15" H x 8.3" W x 12.8" D
  • Frequency Response(+/- 3dB): 48-20,000 Hz -- (+/- 6dB) 42-22,000 Hz
  • Sensitivity: 82 dB
  • Driver Configuration: 2-Way

Center Channel: 1 Intimus 6C Center Channel Speaker
  • Dimensions: 8.5" H x 25" W x 11" D
  • Frequency Response(+/- 3dB): 55-20,000 Hz -- (+/- 6dB) 50-22,000 Hz
  • Sensitivity: 87 dB
  • Driver Configuration: 3-Way

Surrounds: 2 Intimus 5DB Dipole/Bipole Surround Speaker
  • Dimensions11.75" H x 10.6" W x 7.5" D
  • Frequency Response: 100Hz to 20,000Hz
  • Sensitivity: 86dB
  • Driver Configuration: 2-Way

Subwoofer: 1 Bravus 10D - Dual Driver Powered Subwoofer
  • Dimensions: 15"H x 13.5" W x 13.5" D (with feet attached)
  • Frequency Response: (-3dB) 30Hz - 180Hz, (-6dB) 26Hz – 180Hz
  • Driver Configuration: Dual Active Drivers

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence and 3) Answer the following questions in the thread below.

Contest Questions:
Aperion is celebrating 10 years of making high value home audio speaker systems. They’d like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs.

• Amp/Receiver
  • Speakers
  • Sub(s)
  • Sources
  • AV furniture
  • Other

Note this contest ends on July 31st, 2010. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Click here for eligibility and contest rules.
1:a) Adcom GFA-7700 power amp with Integra DHC 9.9 A/V processor

b) JBL S312II(x4), JBL S-Center

c) JBL S120PII subwoofer

d) Denon DVD-3930ci(modified,code-free)(DVD), Oppo BDP-83(modified,code-free)(Blu-Ray), Pioneer CLD-D925(Laserdisc), Panasonic AG-1980(S-VHS x 2), Panasonic Industrial AG-W1(VHS x2), Sony MDS-JB940(Minidisc), Sony DTC-75ES(DAT), TEAC V8030S(Cassette), Technics SL1210Mk2(Turntable)

e).SolidSteel 5.4 equipment rack

f) Sennheiser HD 650 (headphones), Adcom ACE-515(AC conditioner x 3), Sony Playstation 2(Videogame), Fostex CR200(CD recorder), JVC HX-GD8(CD/DVD mini-system), Sony LBT-ZX66i(CD mini-system), iPOD Classic 160gb, Panasonic TC-P54G10(Plasma T.V.) Sony KDL-V32XBR2(LCD T.V.)

2. Wish I had a bigger room(or rooms) to put this stuff in.

3. Speakers

4. Three(speaker color is moderately important to me)

Last edited by a moderator:
H

H_Bogart

Audiophyte

1. Amp/Receiver

Marantz SR7001 in black

2. Speakers

Mains - Klipsch RF-83 in cherry
Center - Klipsch RC-64 in cherry

3. Sub(s)

None

4. Sources

Panasonic DMP-BD85K Blu-Ray player
Oppo DV-983H

5. AV furniture

None

6. Other

None

Add surrounds and a sub.

My receiver.

I

im18font

Audiophyte

1. Amp/Receiver - Fosgate Audionics 4200, Integra DTR 7.8 Black
2. Speakers - Polk (Lsi15, RT600i, RT25I, CS241I)
3. Sub(s) Boston Acoustics VR2000 (2)
4. Sources - PS3 slim, HT PC
5. AV furniture - one futon
6. Other - Epson 1800 Pj

My center channel, then again i really like my two channel setup

My center channel, it's my weakest link

1, it didn't matter at all. things i care about in order: budget, performance, performance.

If i were too add another comment. Dang that center channel looks good in the picture!:D

dwayland

dwayland

Audioholic
Amp/Receiver - Emotiva UMC-1 Pre Amp / Emotiva XPA-5 Power Amp (All components in black)
Speakers - SVS MTS-01(L-R Mains in Rosenut), SVS MCS-01(Center in Rosenut), SVS SSS-02(Di-Pole Surrounds in black vinyl)
Sub - SVS 16-46PCi(Black fabric)
Sources - Oppo BDP-83 (Black)
AV furniture - Aurolex Acoustic Paneling(Purple), Sub Dude(Gray)

a.Would like a powerful mid bass sub to compliment the SVS 16-46PCi.
b. Would like to upgrade our current Infocus X1 DLP projector.

a. Add the mid bass sub.

I guess my answer would be a "5". It was partly that I wanted it to blend, not necessarily "match" visually. It also had to fit in a spatially pleasing way as well, ie footprint.

Y

Yoshi

Audiophyte
Aperion 10th Anniversary Contest

Amp/Receiver -Denon 2805 Silver
Speakers -Axiom Audio 2x(M22), VP100, 2x (QS4) - charcoal matte finish all
Sub(s) - SVS PB12 - black matte finish
Sources - Oppo DV-970HD DVD Player (silver), Dish Network VIP622DVR (silver), Nintendo Wii (white!)
AV furniture - none
Other - display: Panasonic TH-42PWD8

2) What would you change in your home theater system? - Install in-wall HDMI run from components to display.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Display/TV (increase size and resolution).

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. Subwoofer is tucked away to side of the couch. It was important that the finish allow the subwoofer to not draw attention, as well as stand up to the occasional drink placed on its top. The finish was important, but not closely tied to the finish of the other speakers; I'd rank the numeric answer as 6.

P

Prime_Cipher

Audiophyte
Congrats on your Anniversary!

1. Amp/Receiver - Pioneer Elite VSX-03TXH - Black

2. Speakers - Kef KHT 2005.3 - Black

3. Sub(s) - Kef Kube-2 - Black

4. Sources - Sony PS3 - Black

5. AV furniture - Techcraft BCE48 - Black

6. Other - Samsung LN46B750

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Perhaps the speakers, I have a 5.1 setup and would not mind improving that to a 7.1 and passing along my current system to my parents.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? TV, the new LED TVs are simply amazing.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. For me a 10, easily, I prefer that everything in the room, when it comes to my entertainment system, matches perfectly.

Thank you again for this awesome opportunity and congratulations on 10 great years!

E

erock33

Audioholic Intern
HT components:

Denon 3311CI-black (receiver)
WF-35 with matching surrounds-cabernet (speakers)
Klipsch xw500d x2 -black(subwoofers)
sony 570 BD -black (sources)
none...yet (AV furniture)
Optoma HD20 - white(other)

What would you change in your home theater? Definitely add furniture and an amp for the front speakers

What would you upgrade first in your home theater? add HD satellite receiver, movies and music are good but live sports would be awesome

When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). FOr me about a 5, yeah it would have been nice if they had cabernet subs but really not too big a deal

M

muzzy_

Enthusiast
1. a. Amp/Reciever-
Samsung HT Z320
b. Speakers-
Samsung HT Z320
c.Sub-
Samsung HT Z320
d. Sources-
Samsung HT Z320, it's the receiver and DVD player
e. none

2. I would like to improve my setup in all aspects. I'm looking to replace it, but am trying to decide how much to spend right now.
3. If I had to choose what to upgrade first, probably the subwoofer.
4. For my future system I would have to say it would probably be about a 3. I don't really mind what it looks like, the important aspect is that the subwoofer does it's job.

S

schaume

Enthusiast
Congrats Aperion on another milestone!

1. Amp/Receiver - Yamaha RX V757 (black)
2. Speakers - Orb Audio 5.1 (Fronts and backs white; center is blacK)
3. Sub(s) - Orb Audio 10 in

4. Sources - Sony PS3 - Black

5. AV furniture - Just the couch and a love seat

6. Other - Panasonic TH 42PZ85U

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Room set-up (wife factor is contributing less than ideal set-up)

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Speakers first, then receiver/amp.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 5 = Less critical, my sub is located in the corner behind the AV rack.

Nossus

Nossus

Audiophyte

1. Amp/Receiver - Marantz SR-7600 - Black

2. Speakers - Usher S520 - White

3. Sub(s) - SVS SB-12 Plus - Maple

4. Sources - Oppo BDP-83 - Black

5. AV furniture - adapted/reconstructed cabinet - wood

6. Other - Samsung LN46B750

2) What would you change in your home theater system? would like to build a tube set for listening to my record collection.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? amp/receiver.

7 - I would say that it had to be fairly attractive to look at and match the room decor more than the system. The sub is much more of a publicly viewed item in the system and cannot be hidden in my room, thus it needed to match the decor of the room as much as possible. The speakers blend into the decor easily, being small and colored similar to the wall, and the other items are concealed easily enough in the wooden bench, but the sub (although it does not have a huge footprint) is too large to hide or to blend into the room; thus the need to fit the room decor.

S

smc.chops

Audiophyte
Happy Birthday Aperion!

1. Denon AVR-3803 Black
2. Definitive Tech BP 2002 Left and Right CLR 2002 Center Black
3. Definitive Tech 10 year old crappy sub Black
4. Sources
5. None
6. Other

My system is about a decade old. I would change everything and upgrade it all!

My subwoofer would be the first thing I change. It is old and terrible sounding. It had the same bass tone for everything.

9- I believe the sub is an extension and vital part of a persons home theater system. It needs to match in color.

P

puckhead

Audioholic Intern

Amp/Receiver -- Emotiva amps and pre/pro (black)
Speakers -- PSB F/L/C, Emotiva surrounds (black)
Sub(s) -- JBL (black)
Sources -- Emotiva CD, OPPO BD, DirecTV, LG Plasma (black)
AV furniture -- Sanus (black)
Other -- none

1. Make the room a bit larger/better dimensions
2. Add a turntable (want to start listening to my vinyl collection again)

Subwoofer

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system?

Rating of 7 -- It had to be black, but other than that, I wasn't too concerned if it was an exact match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis