Enter to Win: Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System valued at $1999!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

arios39

Audiophyte
Aperion contest

Here are my answers:

1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?
Amp/Receiver - Marantz (Black)
Speakers - Jamo - Silver
Sub(s) - Jamo Silver
Sources
AV furniture - None
Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? The speakers color and size.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? DVD player to Bluray

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 5 - if it is a good sub for a good price, I don't care how it looks.

B

brianjof

Audioholic Intern
Aperion contest

1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?
Amp/Receiver - Emotiva (Black)
Speakers - Definitive technology - Black
Sub(s) - klipsch - Black
Sources - pS3 Black
AV furniture - samsung tv stand - silver
Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Proector instead of TV

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Sub

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.
10 - Sub is up fornt and visible so I need it to match.

S

sh10583

Audiophyte
Aperion contest

a. Amp/Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR-525
b. Speakers: Bose Acoustimass 15eII (5.1 in black)
c. Sub(s): Bose Acoustimass Module (black)
d. Sources: BR/DVD: Oppo BDP-83 & Pioneer BDP-320, Cable DVR: Scientific Atlanta 8300HD, Roku HD, Nintendo Wii, Namco Ms. Pac Man Console
e. AV furniture: nothing of note, just an open three shelf unit
f. Other: Sony KDL-40XBR7, Marantz CC4300, Sony XDR-F1HD, iPod Mini

2) What would you change in your home theater system? I would change my speakers and sub; they clearly do not rise to the level of my other equipment.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Without a doubt, the first upgrade to my current home theater system will be my speakers and sub.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. Score: 8. To me, it is fairly important that the subwoofer finish color matches the rest of my system. This is not the most important thing however, because I would sacrifice color aesthetics for improved performance (i.e., if I had to choose between a matching color or improved performance for the same price – I would take the performance). It is important that the subwoofer and speakers at least have complimentary colors. All things being equal, I’d like everything to match because matching equipment will always raise the wife-acceptance factor.

C

cabt

Audiophyte
1)
AVR: Integra 7.9 (Black)

Speakers:
Fornts: Paradigm Monitor (Black)
Center: Paradigm CC370 (Rosewood)
Rears: Monitor Audio Radius 190 Rears (Rosewood)
Sub: Paradigm UltraCube 10

Sources:
Panasonic Blu Ray DMP-BD60K (Black)
Logitech Duet (Black)
Philips GA 312 Turntable (Silver and Cherry)
Cable Box (Silver)

Displays:
Puioneer 50" KURO and....
60" Kuro (60 is in another room with a Denon 1610 and Jamo 5.1 surround with a PS3 as the source for gaming).

2) What would you change in your home theater system?
Add Bass Traps, and a second sub (not a cotradiction!)

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?
Second Sub.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.
1) Color f the sub made no difference to me, however, my current and previous sub sit underneath an end table and don't stick out like a sore thumb....so long as they aren't silver or something that completely clashes with teh environment the color is of little issue.

Thanks!

K

kens

Enthusiast
a. Amp/Receiver: Denon AVR-4306 (black); Outlaw Audio 2200 M-Block Power Amp (Dark Gray)
b. Speakers: Aperion Audio 633-T, 634-VAC (black)
c. Sub(s): Aperion Audio Bravus 12D (black)
d. Sources: Denon DVD-3930CI (black), Sony PS3 (black), Nintendo Wii (white), Motorola set-top (comcast, silver)
e. AV furniture: Built-ins
f. TV: Sony KDS-R70XBR2
g. Other: Tripp-Lite surge protector

Upgrade speakers to Aperion Audio 6T / 6C; Add Emotiva XPA amps; Mitsubishi laser vue TV

speakers

8: both speakers and subs are in an open family/kitchen area in the main part of the house. The wife insisted that the speakers/sub had to look good and match while maintaining a small (relatively) profile.

C

CharlesJ

Audiophyte
1) Gear:
1. Onkyo 605 in black
2. Axiom M22 V2, Axiom VP100 V2 and a pair of Axiom QS4, all in Black Oak
3. Boston Acoustics XB6 sub in black as well
4. PS3, Samsung BD C6900 blu ray player, and some old Kenwood CD changer
5. TV stand and audio stand from Techcraft (both black veneer), Axiom FMS stands
6. TV is PN63c7000 (love it), cables from Monoprice

2) Change:
I wish I would've upgraded the Onkyo receiver to the 800 series as the 600 don't have preouts. Didn't think I'd want separates when I got it. Maybe a sub with a little more punch.

3) Upgrade:
Probably an Emotiva UPA-5, but I'd need a pre/pro to go with it. Or better speakers for the music only system.

4) Sub match:
7. If it doesn't match the speakers, it at least needs to match the surrounding area in the room. My sub is about 10 feet away from the other components. I think black almost always works even with wooden veneer. I just want it to be somewhat inconspicuous.

D

Dragon99

Enthusiast

1. Amp/Receiver
Yamaha HTR-6090, black
2. Speakers
Klipsch Synergy SF-2, SC.5, SB-1, all black
3. Sub(s)
HSU VTF-3, gloss black top, rosewood sides
4. Sources
DirecTV DVR, black, Oppo DV-970HD, silver
5. AV furniture
(8) Berkline recliners, brown
6. Other
Marantz VP4001, silver

Looking to update speakers and receiver. Update to 1080p video components in 1-2 years.

Receiver

3. My current speakers are all black. Subwoofer is black/rosewood. Price/performance more important than color.

K

kungphule

Audiophyte
Aperion Contest

-Amp/Receiver = Pioneer VSX-819H-K, Piano Black
-Speakers
-Mains: Definitive Technology BP6-B, Black Faux Wood Grain
-Center: Energy Take 5.2 Series, Piano Black
-Surround: Energy Take 5.2 Series, Piano Black
-Sub: Energy ESW-8, Piano Black

-Sources = PS3 over HDMI for Blu-Ray and DVD / AT&T Uverse DVR (Not pleased with the HD content) / Xbox 360

-AV furniture = Mahogany Wood TV Hutch

-Other = Panasonic Viera TC-P50V10

-Ready to upgrade all speakers...eventually.

-Center Channel - On the hunt for a Def Tech match right now.

-8, Doesn't have to be a perfect match as my sub is somewhat hidden. More that it worked alright with the general decor of the room.

E

EddieK

Audiophyte
Aperion Contest Questions

What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?

Amp/Receiver - ADCOM GFR700, ADCOM GFA6002 (both standard black/silver trim)
Speakers - Snell (Mains - Type E/III (walnut); Center - XA-55cr (black) , Surrounds - AMC 550mp 9 (in wall-painted wall color), Rear - AMC560 (in wall painted wall color)
Sub(s) - Hsu ULS - 15 (expresso)
Sources - Comcast DVR (Cisco, silver), Samsung Blu Ray 6500 (black), Sony DVPCX777ES 400 DVD (silver), Escient SE D1 Media Manager 9black), InFocus IN76 Porjector (black)
AV furniture - Showtime Theater Seating (black)
Other - Universal Remote (MX950), Lutron remote control lighting

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Receiver/Amp with HD switching capabilities, projector upgrade to 1080p

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Upgrade to a 1080p porjector

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 1 - Did not matter as my sub is in an enclosure.

G

gmurray618

Audiophyte
Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System

1. Amp/Receiver Adcom GFA7500/Adcom GTP550 (black)
2. Speakers: Boston Acoustics VRM 60 (wood, cherry)
3. Sub(s) - none
4. Sources: PS3 (black)
5. AV furniture: generic stands for the speakers (black)
6. Other - none (but it would be black :) )

2) What would you change in your home theater system? My speakers! I need more than two.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? the marantz AV8003 Networking AV Preamp/Processor.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). 3
Please explain. one should hear and feel the sub, not see it.

W

Wills

Audiophyte
Aperion Contest Questions

1. Amp/Receiver: Denon AVR-1909 (black)
2. Speakers: Polk M50, and Onkyo Surrounds/Center
3. Sub(s) : AV12# MFW-15
4. Sources: Sony Blu-ray player, Xbox 360, Motorola Cable Box
5. AV furniture: Generic
6. Other - none

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Different receiver, separate into AV pro and pre-amp.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? tSpeakers, definitely!! It's currently a hodge-podge of Polk and Onkyo.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). 1
It's about the punch, not the looks after all.

H

HeatMizer

Audiophyte
a) Yamaha RX-V663
b) Fronts Energy C-500, Center Energy CC-100 in Black Ash.
Rear Surrounds are DIY Bookshelf.
c) SVS PB-12NSD
d) Att Uverse, Oppo BD-83
e) Walmart TV Stand
f) Pioneer PRO-101FD Display.
I would like to change my seating. Get some of them fancy home theater seats.
My surround speakers.
4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system?
An 8, it doesn't have to match perfectly but matches up well enough not to distract from the look of the system.

94danstang

94danstang

Audiophyte
Here is the winning entry! :)

Let's see - here are my answers to the required questions....

1) Home theater components:
- Old Onkyo TX-SR600 receiver - black
- Sony CDP-CX455 400 disc cd changer - black
- Panasonic DMP-BD55 Blu-ray player - black
- Scientific Atlanta 8300HD cable box - ugly silver
- Samsung 61" DLP TV - black
- Nintendo Wii - white
- Xbox 360 - shiny black!
- Logitech Squeezebox Duet - black
- Paradigm Monitor series speakers (with sub) - black
- HP MediaSmart Windows Home Server - black
- Generic wood cabinet with doors? - brown

2) What would I change?
- Well, considering that my home theater is my living room - and that room has a bunch of windows, I would like to do something about the room brightness. I can barely watch TV during the day and forget about Call of Duty!

3) What would I upgrade?
- The first upgrade I would make would most likely be the receiver. I could use some more HDMI switching options. I would also like to take advantage of some of the auto-calibration options on the newer units.

4) Color of subwoofer?
- I would say, that would be a 5. It helped the WAF that everything is black, however if the same sub was cheaper and brown, I would now have a brown sub.

Thanks very much for your consideration!

DAN

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
Answers to questions....

1) Home theater components:
- Onkyo TX-SR305 receiver
- Sony Playstation 3
- Old Onkyo CD Player
- Sony 50" SXRD
- Bic Acoustech HT-75 and HT-65
- SVS PC-12Plus

2) What would I change?
- Would Like some Surrounds and I always need a Bigger TV I would also like a receiver with HDMI support.

3) What would I upgrade?
- First I would get the Surrounds.

4) Color of subwoofer?
- I would say 2. My current sub is black cloth covered. But I do love beautiful wood finishes.

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
Amp/Receiver - Emotiva XPA3, Denon 3808 (black)
Speakers - Aperion 6T's, 5C, 5DB, 4BP (Cherry)
Sub(s) - AV123 MWF15 (Cherry)
Sources - PS3, Xbox 360, computer
AV furniture - Elite 906 stand (BDI Avion 8929 on the way, Cherry)
Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? I would like to have a dedicated room to use of adequate size (moving from a bedroom to an open basement)

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Need better/more subs...

It's why I bought the MWF15, it was the closest match for under $1000 for finish. So originally it was around a 10, but now that I want a pair of subs and can't get another one, I'll need to switch brands to something that most likely won't be a close match, so maybe it will be 5 now...

W

walfredo

Audiophyte
Walfredo's gear

Amp/Receiver - Outlaw rr2150
Speakers - Polk LSi9
Sub(s) - Yamaha SW215
Sources - Samsung blue-ray
AV furniture - Regular self
Other

- The sub

- The sub

- 3, it would be nice, but it is not critical. I have a large self. The sub is somewhat far away form the speakers.

I

IndoSlim

Audioholic Intern
I would love to win this!

What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors? I have a 52in Samsung ln52a750, an old Kenwood htib-black receiver with black, plastic satellites, a Microsoft X-Box 360 (white), and a gray At&t U-Verse stb. 2) What would you change in your home theater system? My receiver and speakers and maybe add a blu-ray player. 3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? My speakers. 4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Maybe a 7 but mostly because of my wife lol. Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.

cliff841

cliff841

Audiophyte
Aperion Contest

1. Amp/Receiver - Denon 1709 soon to be Denon 3311
2. Speakers - Old JBL bookshelfs in black
3. Sub(s) - none because it died
4. Sources - Samsung BD-P2500 blu-ray, old Sony 10 disc CD changer, DirecTV HD DVR, Nintendo Wii
5. AV furniture - none for now
6. Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? New speakers and a sub are #1 on my to do list

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? I would get a sub

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 10 so my wife doesn't mind looking at it in the room.

A

aetengo

Audiophyte

1. Sony STR-DA4ES
2. Polk Audio RTi 38, CSi40, FXi30
3. Velodyne (can't remember model number)
4. Samsung SIR-TS360, Panasonic blu ray, computer, Old Samsung 42"dlp,
5. no name stand
6. Generic cables and surge protectors, consoles(Wii playstation 2, xbox, game cube) not used in 3 years :)

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Get a new receiver with up to date inputs.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?A new receiver or display.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). 8 since the sub is next to my AV stand and the wife would complain that it didn't match the furniture.

A

armada10

Audiophyte

1. Amp/Receiver: Denon AVR-889 (black)
2. Speakers: PSB T45 fronts, C40 center, B15 surrounds all in black
3. Sub(s) : PSB Subsonic 5i in black
4. Sources: LG bd390, Toshiba hd-xa2, Fios dvr, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii
5. AV furniture: IKEA
6. Other - iPOD dock with streaming

2) What would you change in your home theater system? my entire room, would like a dedicated home theater room.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Display (currently using PIO 5070 720p)

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). If it is clearly visible then a 10, if I can hide it then a 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis