Enter to Win: Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System valued at $1999!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mlibbey

Audiophyte
1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?
  • Amp/Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR606 - Black
  • Speakers: EMP ECA-4 & ECA-44 Compact Satellite Speaker - Black aluminum cast
  • Sub(s): EMP e10S subwoofer - black
  • Sources: Sony PS3 (black gloss); Tivo 3 (black); AirPort Express (white); Nintendo Wii (White),
  • AV furniture: Samsung TR-500X3BX Adjustable DLP TV Stand (high-gloss, black finish + tinted glass shelves)
  • Other: Samsung HL61A750 TV

2) What would you change in your home theater system?
I'd like to have a second zone that is not limited to analog inputs; and the ability to add a third zone.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?
I'd likely 1st add a second sub.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.
1 -- was going to be hidden behind TV in a corner.

W

wyllisx1

Junior Audioholic
1) a yamha 663
b av123 750s bigfoot 250s
c hsu vtf3 mk3
d samsung bdp
e bello 3 shelf rack
f panasonic 50s1

2) make it bigger

3) seprates

4) 2 but ended up with a different color anyway. (divorce can be good in many ways)

Last edited:
M

murthyvs

Junior Audioholic
1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?
Amp/Receiver: Denon 4308CI, Black
Speakers: Aperion 2x6T, 1x6C, 2x5DB, 2x4B: (Aperion's!) Black
Sub(s): SVS PB12-Plus, Black
Sources: Comcast HD (Silver), Gateway HTPC (Black), Xbox 360 (Halo3 - Limited Edition - Green), PS3 - 250 GB (Black), Wii (White)
AV furniture: Z-line Vitoria, Black
Other: Sony Bravia 46XBR9 (Black), APC HT Surge protectors, bunch of HDMI wires, CAT6 cables etc.

A: Beige theater seating for four AND
Wii (White) to Wii (Black); Comcast HD (Silver) to Black (if possible) - doesnt make sense but I like Black.

A: Probably 3D LCD 1080p TV/Projector and then AVR (with 1.4a's: Onkyo NR5008)

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system?
Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.
A: 5, I am split between finish and sub performance. It was easy in my case because most manufacturer's offer subs in
Black although with varying finishes. Aperion's black finish was tough to match with other offerings.
SVS's side finish came close.

A

andres6

Enthusiast
Contest Entry for Free 5.1 System

1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes/colors?

Amp/Receiver = Harmon Kardon AVR 745 (Silver & Black Glass)
Speakers = Polk Audio (LSi 15's, LSi C, LSi 7's, LSi FX's) (Cherry Wood & Piano Black Combinations)
Sub(s) = Energy ESW-V10 (Piano Black)
Sources = Oppo BDP-83SE (Black Aluminum)
AV furniture = Performance Furniture Soho Theater Cabinet (Natural Cherry)
TV = Sony KDS-50A2000 SXRD (Silver & Black Trim)

I think I've done everything I want to do for now with the recent addition of a universal Blu-Ray Player in the Oppo (previous was Denon 3910 DVD player).

Now that I got the Oppo 83 Special Edition, I don't really need a new receiver, but if I had gotten the regular 83, I'd need a new receiver to process the new formats.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.

I'd rate subwoofer finish at a 6. I had a mismatching 10" Klipsch subwoofer before (for a long time/many years), and one of the reasons I chose the newer Energy Sub is it matches more closely the other speakers (though there's no Cherry, Piano Black is better than Black vinyl/wood look at matching the Polk LSi's).

R

rkrishna

Audiophyte

1. Amp/Receiver - Yamaha RX- V463
2. Speakers - Speakers from my old Kenwood system
3. Sub(s)
4. Sources
5. AV furniture
6. Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? - I do not have one - want to get a home theater ystem

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? - Everything

9. I definitely want my subwoofer to match the rest of the system

Tunacious

Tunacious

Audiophyte
Contest

Amp/Receiver = Denon 3803 AVR
Speakers = Fronts - Swan Diva 6.1's; Center - Swan Diva C3; Surrounds - Swan Diva R3's....all in rosewood

Sub(s) = 1 x SVS PB13-Ultra in piano black

Sources = Yamaha TT, Yamaha cassette deck; Denon CD changer, Denon 2900 universal player; Panasonic VCR; Samsung TV

AV furniture = Large oak entertainment center

Other = AKG K240 headphones

2) What would you change in your home theater system? If I won the lottery, I'd like McIntosh amps/pre, B&W 800Di's in piano black x 7

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Everything

Score = 8....the piano black sub matches the piano black tops/bottoms of the Swans. The WAF preferred the piano black sub over the rosenut sub...which was fine with me.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Contest Questions:
Aperion is celebrating 10 years of making high value home audio speaker systems. They’d like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs.

Amp/Receiver: Black Yamaha RX-V2500
Speakers - Rosewood AV123 RS1000, RSC200. Cherry M&K LCR650's x 5
Sub(s) - SVS PC Ultra in Black
Sources - Silver Toshiba DR5, Black JVC MC334 CD, Black JVC XM-448 Minidisc, Black PS3 60g, Black Xbox 360 Elite, White Nintendo Wii
AV furniture - Cherry Studiotech TV Stand and 6 shelf Audio Rack
Other - Slingbox, Cable box, Apple TV

The TV. I have a Sony Grand Wega.

Receiver. It lacks HDMI.

1. I was going with a black subwoofer no matter what just for this reason. Black matches everything.

M

Mcfly

Audiophyte
  • Amp/Receiver - Marantz SR5002
  • Speakers - PSB B25 (Maple)
  • Sub(s) - HSU VTF-1 (Black)
  • Sources - PS3
  • AV furniture - Furniture? what's that?
  • Other - Samsung LN40630a, Verizon Fios 25/25Mbps internet.

I'd like my Marantz to accept HDMI over all its inputs

New amp to replace the twice repaired and yet to work 100% properly Marantz

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system?
Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.

1 - I was buying on price and sound quality 1st. When I have a family and must pass WAF this may go up, but for now, it's low.

G

Guinness6

Junior Audioholic

1. Amp/Receiver - Yamaha, black
2. Speakers - Paradigm, rosenut finish
3. Sub(s) - Paradigm, gloss black
4. Sources
5. AV furniture
6. Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Maybe a larger sub?

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Center channel

8. It was important, but I knew I was either going to end up with a rosenut finish or black.

J

JJMP50

Full Audioholic
My Setup

Receiver/Amp - Yamaha RX-V659/Emotiva UPA-5 (Black)
Speakers - Monitor Audio RS8/RSLCR/JBL L810 surrounds (All Cherry)
Sub - Outlaw LFM-1c (Black)
Sources - Pioneer DV-579A/Pioneer PDR-W739/Roku SB/Rotel Turntable
AV Furniture - Unknown Brand AV stand from BB (Cherry)
Other - Fios DVR/Philips 42" LCD

What Changes: Find some MA surrounds to match my mains (low priority)

1st Upgrade: Oppo Blueray player

Subwoofer finish: "5"... Not important to me, but if the wife knew there was a choice....

M

mrrame

Enthusiast
Aperion

1. Amp/Receiver: Onkyo 805 (Black)
2. Speakers: av123 RS850 (Rosewood),Bigfoot(Rosewood) & axiom QS8 Surrounds (Black)
3. Sub(s): Mirage s12 (Black)
4. Sources: PS3, Logitech SqueezeBox, Samsung HL67A750
5. AV furniture: Bush furniture (Glass shelves on a steel Z shaped frame)
6. Other: Optoma DV10 Projector.

2) What would you change in your home theater system?: AV Furniture that encloses tower speakers and accomodates Center channel. I have a toddler in the house, and he thinks its fun to play with the towers.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?: My Onkyo amp to Denon 5308CI

1 --> Did not matter at all. Most of the subs in the market are black and 95% of sub placement will be in a corner. I have picture frame on top of the sub.

Thanks

Last edited:
B

bellevegasj

Junior Audioholic
1) 4 b&w 685s, htm2 center - black ash
jl audio f112 - glossy
yamaha htr-5930, ps3, u-verse, streaming via pc, samsung lcd
cushy couch!

2) the room. i wish the room had different dimensions.

3) hopefully a marantz 6005 for Christmas.

4) 8 - my sub is black glossy to match my tv since it's right next to it.

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Contest Questions:
Aperion is celebrating 10 years of making high value home audio speaker systems. They’d like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs.

1. Amp/Receiver
Onkyo HT-RC160 in Black
2. Speakers
Mains: Sony SS-F6000's in black
Surrounds: Sony SS-B3000's in black
Rear Surrounds: Yamaha NS-A636's, or some old Technics when I'm up at school. Yamaha's are black, Technics are walnut
3. Sub(s)
Two Dayton Sub-120's in black
4. Sources
PS2, Panasonic BD-60
5. AV furniture
It is all currently in my bedroom, so I have my bed and that's it... :)
6. Other
Nothing else audio-wise, 42" Sylvania LCD TV as my display.

I really want a projector. Sound-wise I'd like to change my mains to something a little better than the Sony's I have currently.

I would like to get better mains as I said above, the ones I have right now are okay, but am unable to upgrade til I am out of college most likely due to money situations :).

I'd say about a 2 or 3. I don't really care about matching, since price was my biggest issue. I don't have a lady to tell me what to buy yet color-wise either, so it really makes no difference to me. It just so happened to be that everything I bought, minus the Technics were black ash, or straight black.

F

fpburdette

Audiophyte

1. Amp/Receiver: Onkyo Tx-SR605 (Black)
2. Speakers: Cambridge Soundworks MovieWorks 5.1 Front/Mains, Center and surrounds (matte Black)
3. Sub(s): Emotiva Ultra 12 (Black)
4. Sources: Oppo DV-970HD (Silver), Nintendo Wii w/ Netflix streaming (White), MacBook Pro (Silver)
5. AV furniture: Generic Oak Veneer Entertainment Center
6. Other: Harmony One Universal Remote, Monster Navajo White speaker wire, Radio Shack banana plugs, Optical and HDMI interconnects, Monoprice subwoofer cable, Hitachi 35" CRT TV

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Just about everything, except for the new Emotiva sub.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? First, the main/surround speakers (need better frequency response; never achieved good center channel balance), then the TV (CRT? Seriously? Would like a 60" LED LCD)

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 1 (Didn't matter at all) since I was looking for an economy 5.1 system. At that level, almost everything is matte black. Now, I'd like something that blended with rest of the furniture/wood grains in the room (Dark Cherry).

Thanks!

M

mhat

Enthusiast
contest entry

1a. Amp/Receiver
Denon AVR-3803 (black)

1b. Speakers
2 Vandersteen 2Ce Signature (black cloth with walnut end caps), and 2 Infinity bookshelf speakers (black).

1c. Sub(s)
Homemade ported mdf enclosure (had it painted gloss black at an auto body shop), with a 10" Adire Audio driver and a Hypex plate amp.

1d. Sources
XV-SA600BK DVD player (black), PS3 (black), beige tower pc.

1e. AV furniture
I'm just using some ugly-*** Gorilla Rack to hold my gear since it's cheap and versatile and adjustable and mega-strong. My surround speakers are on tall black metal stands that I got for free somewhere.

1f. Other
Home Theater Master MX-500 universal remote (black), tattered green couch (green), and a Panasonic PT-AX200U projector which projects onto a 6' screen (white...the projector and the screen).

My room sucks up bass. I'd like to do a room treatment or try adding a second sub.

I'd like to add a good power amp, like an Emotiva. I hate HDMI, so my receiver is fine until HDBaseT replaces HDMI, at which time I'll want to upgrade for video switching.

1 (Didn't matter at all). First priority is sound quality, then cost, then anything else, including color, which is way down the list. It would be annoying if it were bright white or pink or something, but I'm 100% happy with black or whatever generic wood finish is available provided the gear is good.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kompressorlogik

Audiophyte
  • Amp/Receiver - Pioneer VSX-D514 (Black)
  • Speakers - Front L&R = KEF iQ10 (Walnut); Center = KEF iQ2c (Walnut); Surrounds = Advent Ruby (Black w/ wood accent)
  • Sub(s) - elemental Designs A2-300 (Black)
  • Sources - Antenna for OTA, PS3 Slim 120GB, PS2, GC, N64, Genesis
  • AV furniture - Whalen 4-shelf Stand (Black steel frame, dark wood trim), Pangea LS2 speaker stands (Black)
  • Other - Samsung LN46C630

-Straight off, I'd like a differently shaped room. Since that's not in the cards till I move, I'd like better ambient light control and acoustic treatments, primarily. Also, I'd like to be able to have room behind the couch instead of having it up against the wall, for more spacious surround sound.

-I will be upgrading my receiver to something that supports HDMI soon. I'm also continually looking for a deal on some KEF iQ series speakers to round out my 5 channels as a complete matched setup.

-2, but 7 or up in the future. Since the only subwoofer I've purchased since assembling my Frankensteinian HT system has been the eD A2-300, I was not overly concerned with the sub matching the speakers, since the speakers are a hodge-podge bunch anyway. However, in the future, especially for a living room/great room area as opposed to a dedicated (read: dark) HT room, I would definitely be looking for a great wood veneer finish on the speakers and sub, tying the look of the system together.

B

bmninada

Audioholic

1. Amp/Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR606
2. Speakers: Paradigm 110CT
3. Sub(s): Paradigm PDR-8 (part of Paradigm 110CT series)
4. Sources: D-Link 320RD,Denon 1940ci, Cablevision HD box
5. AV furniture: Coaster 44"
6. Other: Sharp LED 40"

Add 7.2 channel by adding 2 more surround speakers.

Add a blu-ray player

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color).
1 - didn't matter at all, as it's located in an unobtrusive location.

D

dunkman23

Audiophyte

1. Amp/Receiver: Pioneer VSX-21TXH
2. Speakers: Definitive Technology CLR2300; Polk R60; and nothing in my surrounds
3. Sub(s): None
4. Sources: PS3
5. AV furniture: Ikea TV stand, Sanus VMPL3-b
6. Other: Pioneer 6020FD

2) What would you change in your home theater system?: I would like to have more powerful speakers so my system would actually sound nice.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?: Speakers...... I need some surrounds.

I would very much have them somewhat matching..... such as if i have gloss black speakers.... I wouldnt mind having a flat black sub. But I personally would not purchase a cherry colored subwoofer, if the rest of my speakers were black. However, if I had maple or cherry speakers... I would not mind a black subwoofer.

O yea, i would rate it a 8. :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Amp/Receiver - Denon 3808 + Rotel 1095-Black
Speakers- Paradigm Studio 100's- Black
Sub(s)- SVS PB13 Ultra- Piano Gloss
Sources- PS3
AV furniture- Plateau SR-Series 75" TV Stand in Espresso

2) What would you change in your home theater system?- Add 2nd sub

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?- Display

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? -8 has to all be black but I am ok with some flat black and some piano gloss.

C

Cabledude

Audiophyte
My system currently has the following in it:

1. Amp/Receiver ... Onkyo TX-NR901 (Black)
2. Speakers ... Vienna Acoustics Maestro Grand Center Channel (Cherry)
Speakercraft AIM-8 One (In Ceiling White) x6
3. Sub(s) ... Infinity Alpha 1200S (Black)
4. Sources ... DirecTV HR-22 DVR
Sony PS3
Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite
Nintendo Wii
Panasonic TC-P50U1 50" Plasma
5. AV furniture ... Bell'O PR-35 Mahogany Finish AV Cabinet
6. Other ... Panasonic plasma will soon be upgraded to a 65"

... I'd like a new Denon receiver that has HDMI 1.4 inputs and I would also like more Vienna Acoustics speakers to complement the center channel

... The TV because the current one is a little too small for the room. I would relly like to install a projector but it is not in the budget right now.

... 1. Color was not important because it is not really seen where it is. I was more concerned with performance and reliability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis