Enter to Win: Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System valued at $1999!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Aperion Audio wants you to win!

Aperion Audio is away the chance to win one (1) Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System to one (1) eligible forum member! The Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System is a $1999 value!

Features of Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System:

Front Speakers: 2 Intimus 6B Bookshelf Speaker
  • Dimensions: 15" H x 8.3" W x 12.8" D
  • Frequency Response(+/- 3dB): 48-20,000 Hz -- (+/- 6dB) 42-22,000 Hz
  • Sensitivity: 82 dB
  • Driver Configuration: 2-Way

Center Channel: 1 Intimus 6C Center Channel Speaker
  • Dimensions: 8.5" H x 25" W x 11" D
  • Frequency Response(+/- 3dB): 55-20,000 Hz -- (+/- 6dB) 50-22,000 Hz
  • Sensitivity: 87 dB
  • Driver Configuration: 3-Way

Surrounds: 2 Intimus 5DB Dipole/Bipole Surround Speaker
  • Dimensions11.75" H x 10.6" W x 7.5" D
  • Frequency Response: 100Hz to 20,000Hz
  • Sensitivity: 86dB
  • Driver Configuration: 2-Way

Subwoofer: 1 Bravus 10D - Dual Driver Powered Subwoofer
  • Dimensions: 15"H x 13.5" W x 13.5" D (with feet attached)
  • Frequency Response: (-3dB) 30Hz - 180Hz, (-6dB) 26Hz – 180Hz
  • Driver Configuration: Dual Active Drivers

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence and 3) Answer the following questions in the thread below.

Contest Questions:
Aperion is celebrating 10 years of making high value home audio speaker systems. They’d like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs.

1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?
  • Amp/Receiver
  • Speakers
  • Sub(s)
  • Sources
  • AV furniture
  • Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system?

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.

Note this contest ends on July 31st, 2010. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Click here for eligibility and contest rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
fightinkraut

fightinkraut

Full Audioholic
1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?

1. Amp/Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR805 - Black

2. Speakers - EMP Tek Impression series - Black Ash

3. Sub(s) - EMP Tek Impression sub - Black Ash

4. Sources - HTPC/Blu-ray, Onkyo CD changer - black, Toshiba HD-DVD player - Black, Xbox 360 - White, Wii - White

5. AV furniture - In storage, I went with a wall mount/converted hole in wall for components.

6. Other - DrMckenzie fans and monoprice mounts/cables, Olevia TV.

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Acoustics, but WAF is a huge negative on that point. My HT is my LR...sigh.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Probably sub or TV.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. It was a 6, the sub is fairly hidden in a corner and doesn't matter too much. The current high gloss sub seems to attract my 2 year old daughter, she enjoys sitting on it...

Let me just say I love what you guys are doing, I often recommend Aperion to my friends, including one chap at work who's looking at this very system.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja

1. Onkyo TX-SR507 (Black)
2. Energy Take 5 Classic (Black Gloss)
3. Energy ESW8-HG (Black Gloss) & JBL Venue Sub12 (Black)
4. Sony PS3 (Black Gloss), Microsoft Xbox 360 (Dark Grey?), Nintendo Wii (White), Computer (Black)
5. Init NT-C3015 TV stand (Black & frosted glass), Sanus BF-24B speaker stands (Black)
6. Sharp LC-46D85U (Black)

The whole thing, pretty much...the receiver, speakers, subwoofer, and display.

Speakers.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.

1 - Didn't matter at all. I didn't care what color the sub was as long as it looked decent enough.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Contest Questions:
Aperion is celebrating 10 years of making high value home audio speaker systems. They’d like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs.

Amp/Receiver - Yamaha RX-V2500 in black. -
Speakers - Onix Strata Mini's in piano rosewood, Infinity Primus 150 surounds in black, Infinity Primus c25 center in black
Sub(s) Home made 18" down firing egg.
Sources PS/3, Toshiba HD-A2, Yamaha CDR-HD1300.
AV furniture - Bought at furnature Options. Fits nice under my projection screen. Model? Beats me. It's wood.
Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? I would like to get separates with HDMI capabilities.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Adding a BFD this week.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. A 9. I painted and repainted the sub I was making over and over until I got the right color. (or at least close to it)

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai

1. Amp/Receiver - QSC A41/Yamaha RX-V663 - Black

2. Speakers - EMP Tek Impression series front 3/Mordaunt Short 506's for the surrounds - Red Burl

3. Sub(s) - HSU VTF2 MK3 - Black Ash

4. Sources - HTPC, Popcorn Hour C-200 - Black

5. AV furniture - Black network rack.

6. Other - Monoprice Cables

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Acoustics, subwoofer placement is very difficult in my room.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? I would upgrade to a front projection system.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 1, it didn't matter if it matched the rest of the speakers just as long as it blends with the rest of the room.

Last edited:
B

blackzarg

Junior Audioholic
1. Onkyo TX-SR876
2. AV12# Rocket RS850s, RS450s, and the RSC200
3. AV12# MFW-15
4. Denon DVD-1940CI (as a SACD player), Sony Playstation 3, Macbook Pro
5. BDI TV Stand
6. Samsung HL67A750 67" LED DLP TV, Monoprice Cables

As of this moment, most likely the speakers because of the company's issues. Otherwise, the receiver/amp (would like to try separates).
Pretty much same as above! Speakers (subwoofer fist) or the amp.
Probably a 4 - it doesn't necessarily have to match, but it does need to have a good finish and look good!

Thanks a lot =)

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Question 1
A Onkyo TX-NR906 and Emotiva XPA-3 amp all black.
B Salk Song Tower 5.0 system in honey oak.
C SVS PB12 Plus/2 in rosenut
D PB/3 back, FIOS-TV box in silver
E Cabinets are cherry and black
F Monoprice cables

Question 2
I have multiple "theaters" and right now I'm pretty happy with my family room theater. If I were to change anything it would be my AV cabinets or my subwoofer.

Question 3
I'll probably upgrade my receiver in my family room in 2011-2012. My bedroom theater will probably get a receiver upgrade as well.

Question 4
Because the sub in my family room lives behind the love seat a color match isn't critical but would be nice call it a 7. It would also be nice to match my furniture but nobody does oak speakers/subs anymore and I have oak furniture.

The sub in my master bedroom system is in plain sight and I'd call that an 8.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord

Onkyo PR-SC885 - Black
ATI 2005/2005 - Black
Wharfedale EVO2 50 Rosewood
Wharfedale Opus Tri Center - Piano Black
Sonance 623T & SRS1
Snell ICS-24mk3 - Black
Outlaw LFM-1 - Black
Oppo BDP-83 - Black
Fireball - Black
Mitsu - HC5500 - Black
Custom inwall shelves soon to be upgraded to Middle Atlantic rack.​

Better seating. New couch and bar area behind for additional seating.​

Seating.​

1 - because I installed the main sub in the front wall. The second sub is in the back of the room so color again does not matter.​

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Amp/Receiver: ATI AT3002, AT3005/black; Denon AVR-5308CI/black

Speakers: Definitive BP7000SC(2), BP7001SC(2), CLR3000/black

Sub(s): Definitive SuperCube Trinity/black

Sources: Denon DVD-3800BDCI/black; SilverStone Crown 02 HTPC/silver

AV furniture: VTI audio rack & TV stand/black

Better projector; Better seats; Bigger Room; Higher-end Speakers

Projector

Scale = 10/10. It was 100% important - EXTREMELY important. In fact, I wanted every single speaker to match the color and style. Aesthetics is extremely important to me. If the speakers/sub are ugly, I don't care how good they sound.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
  • Amp/Receiver ... JBL MPC200 (black)/Onkyo TX-SR800 (black)
  • Speakers ... Infinity Primus 360/150/PC350 (black vinyl fake wood veneer)
  • Sub(s) ... Infinity Primus PS10 (2) (black vinyl fake wood veneer)
  • Sources ... Panasonic DMP BD60 (black), Denon DVD 1920 (black), Motorola HDTV STB (silver), AR XB Model Turntable (brown vinyl fake wood grain)
  • AV furniture ... Hope chest and end table used as makeshift stands.
  • Other ... Custom built in wall entertainment center under construction.

... I'd like a nice HDMI Rec'r and need to finish building and install the entertainment center.

... The entertainment center because it's holding up other home improvements.

... 10. At the time I chose it I can't imagine any reason for me to have gone another route. It's one thing to have a pee-pee sub but quite another to have a pee-pee sub that doesn't match.[/I]

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
Amp/Receiver: Both Emotiva. XPA-5 and UMC-1.
Speakers: Paradigm Studio 100's, cc690 and S2 surrounds
Sub(s): DIY ( 15" Audiopulse driver)
Sources: Panasonic BD60
AV furniture: Walker Edison rack
Other

Plan to upgrade the BluRay player for sure. TV will probably be next on the list. Ideally I would have a larger room, but that's not an option right now.

New BluRay player.

8-9 I would prefer all matching speakers if at all possible. For the sub not to match I would have to get excellent performance for less money than a matching sub.

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General

Contest Questions:

• Amp/Receiver
  • Speakers
  • Sub(s)
  • Sources
  • AV furniture
  • Other

1) Receiver - Denon AVR-1910
Speakers - Energy RC-10, Energy RC-LCR - rosenut wood veneer
Sub - Emotiva Ultra-12
Sources - PS3, Pioneer DV-420VK, Comcast HD-DVR, Wii
AV-Furniture - Whalen Nova TV Stand, eD Custom Speaker Stands (soon)

2) 1st change would be to add surrounds - Mirage OMD-5 or Energy
RC-MiniCC

3) 1st upgrade would be a new AVR - higher end Denon model

4) 1 - didn't matter. Speakers are rosenut and sub is black...black goes with
anything

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall

1. Amp/Receiver - Denon AVR-3300
2. Speakers - Klipsch RF-3, RS-3, RC-3 / Black finish all around
3. Sub(s) - Dayton Titanic MKIII 15"
4. Sources - Pioneer BDP-320
5. AV furniture - DIY tv stand, black
6. Other - Xbox 360, Vizio VO42L?

I don't know yet, as I haven't heard my system fully complete yet. I have the speakers, but haven't been to my apartment yet to install them lol.

Probably my TV, although that won't happen for a while. But I'd really like some Aperion speakers... :D

8, the location of the system determines if it should match. If its living room, it needs to match. If its in a man cave/room, then it doesnt really matter.

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic

[*]Amp/Receiver: onkyo tx-sr805

[*]Speakers mains: emerald physics cs2.3's - surrounds/center axiom audio (cherry)

[*]Sub(s): axiom audio ep500 x2 (cherry)

[*]Sources: squeezebox touch

[*]AV furniture: sanus audio racks

2) What would you change in your home theater system? i would like to go to a pre/pro.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? probably the subs.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. at the time, it was probably 10 but now i have decided black would be fine.

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
Contest Questions:

• Amp/Receiver - Pioneer Elite VSX-82TXS, black
  • Speakers - B&W DSM603 S3 & LCR600 in black ash across the front with NHT 1.3a in black, piano gloss finish in back
  • Sub(s) - Harman Kardon HTIB subwoofer in black ash - Don't know the model number
  • Sources - Philips AF-829 Turntable (black), Oppo DV-981HD universal disk player (black)
  • AV furniture - Sanus NFA245 AV Stand (black)
  • Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Need a new subwoofer(s) and a new display.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Display

I give this one a 7 as I'm not certain where the subwoofer will end up and I already have two different finishes on my speakers (the NHTs have one finish and the B&Ws have another - though both sets of speakers are black).

Thanks for the opportunity.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief

Amp/Receiver - Denon 988 / black
Speakers - PSB Image 5.0 (T45, C40, B15) / maple
Sub(s) - SVS PSB-10 NSD, black
Sources - Oppo 980H, Sony CDP-CX355, and Panasonic DMP-BD60 / all black
AV furniture - Maxim / silver & glass
HDTV - Panasonic 50" plasma / black

a) Upgrade HDTV to 65" plasma
b) Upgrade speakers
c) Upgrade AV furniture

HDTV

A "1". The less visible the sub the better (i.e. flat black is ideal), in contrast I view the speakers as a furniture element in the room, so the wood color/quality and finish is important.

Thanks for the contest,
XEagleDriver

G

gpzbc

Audioholic Intern
  • Amp/Receiver - Denon 1909
  • Speakers - Old Fisher Loudspeakers
  • Sub(s) - DefTech PRos Sub 800
  • Sources - Marantz CD Player, Samsung LN40A750
  • AV furniture - Homemade cabinet
  • Other - None

I would upgrade my center channel and get a Blu-Ray Player, and set up a Squeezebox.

Either the Center Channel or the Squeezebox

I would rate it a 5. I usually just choose black so that it will not stand out or clash.

A

acacia987

Junior Audioholic

Amp/Receiver - Yamaha RX-V1500 / black
Speakers - Axiom LCR (M2 V2, VP100,) / cherry
Sub - Klipsch Sub-12, black
Sources - Toshiba A-2 HD-DVD player, Xbox 360, Cable box (black,white, silver)
HDTV - Panasonic 42" plasma / black

arrange layout differently for better seating

HDTV

1, because i would want to place it in a non visible location, but either way i would probably choose a dark black in order to not stand out.

P

PSU80

Junior Audioholic
Contest

Amp/Receiver - Yamaha RX-V2400
Speakers - North Creek Eska - Cherry
Sub(s) - SVS - Black
Sources - Denon 2910 DVD, Sony CD changer, Mac Mini, Toshiba Tivo w/DVD burnerplayer, Xbox 360
AV furniture - Nothing special

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Add room treatments.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Probably Reciever or speakers.

It was a 1. The sub is hidden in a corner and performance was more important than appearance to me.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Contest Questions:

Amp/Receiver Onkyo 805 Black
Speakers RBH T1SE Black
Sub(s) RBH 1010SEP Black
Sources Pannasonic BR, PJ Black & White
AV furniture Old oak rack
Other

Be a bit wider so that I can accomidate furniture a little bit better.

get a 1080P Projector

5. It woudl be nice, but not necessary as the theatre room is in the basement and not in the front room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis