Enter to Win: Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System valued at $1999!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
in2thelord

in2thelord

Audiophyte
Dream Theater

1) Receiver - Sherwood Newcastle R-965 in Silver
Speakers - BG Corp Z-Series in Black Ash
Subwoofer - Home Theater Direct Level THREE in Black
Universal Player - Parasound New Classic D200 in Black
A/V Furniture - Salamander Systems in Maple

2) Oppo BDP-83 NuForce Special Edition Universal Player
Acoustics Treatments
Salk Sound Veracity Speakers
Leather/Suede theater seating

3) Upgrade Parasound D200 player to Oppo BPD-83 SE NuForce player

4) 10 - Had to match all the other speakers

G

graydodge14

Enthusiast
1. Panasonic SC-PT956
Home theater in a box so dont know model numbers for speakers and all

2. I would change everything from the tv to the receiver and get all new speakers.

3. i would probably upgrade to a larger clearer screen, or get new speakers for my fronts.

4. About a 7, everything i have is black so i didnt want a maple or wood finished sub with black speakers and stands.

gregcss

gregcss

Audioholic Intern
1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?

1. Amp/Receiver - Denon AVR-3803 Black with gold accent
2. Speakers - Paradigm Reference Studio 60v3 black, Reference cc-470 center black, studio ADP-370 rears white.
3. Sub(s) - Paradigm PDR-10 black
4. Sources - Denon DVD-2900 black with gold accent
5. AV furniture - black wood shelves with silver metal support posts.
6. Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? I am actually in the process of selling all of it. Replacing the TV, Receiver, and source with devices that support HDMI 1.3.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? The TV. Sell the rear projection 1080i for an LED-LCD display.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 2. Didn't matter as long as it was black or white :) I wouldn't want a neon pink sub though...can you even get one.

E

Enoch105

Audiophyte
Contest

1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?

1. Amp/Receiver - Yamaha RX-V465 Black
2. Speakers - TSC HT600 Black
3. Sub(s) - TSC Sub Black
4. Sources - PS3
5. AV furniture - None
6. Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? I want Higher quality sound!

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Get a good Amp and towers.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 5 It wouldn't have been a huge deal it not matched, but I prefer that my system look like a set.

Lordy, I hope I win! I could use a new set up!
j

M

moslick

Audiophyte
Contest

Amp/Receiver -Denon-1909
Speakers -Wharfedale towers + Yamaha c.c. + Bose surround rears
Sub(s) - Outlaw Audio LFM-1
Sources - Oppo BDP-80
AV furniture - None

2) What would you change in your home theater system? I would like to upgrade to a a higher powered, cleaner, networked Receiver.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Receiver then complete speaker overhaul

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.
Scale = 1. It would be nice that it matches, however it's not that important. Power and functionality trump aesthetics.

This is a great contest to gain quality feedback!

-Matt

B

brucewoodington

Audioholic Intern

1. Amp/Receiver: Yamaha Z11 in Black
2. Speakers: Axiom M60 mains in Cherry, VP150 center in Cherry, QS 8 surrounds in White, M3 rears in White.
3. Sub(s) Axiom EP500 in Black
4. Sources: Escient Fireball DVDM552 in Silver, Sony DVPCX777 1 in Silver, 2 in Black, Dish Network 722 & 510 Black, Sony PS3, Xbox 360, XM, Ipod, Windows Home server.
5. AV furniture: Custom in Cherry
6. Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system?
Seating

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?
Add another sub.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.
1: Didn't matter at all, hidden in cabinet right now, but would have been a 10 if not hidden. That's why I went with gloss black, it will go with nearly anything.

H

hocoseba

Audiophyte
Aperion Audio 5.1 System Contest

Amp/Receiver : Matted black Onkyo TX-SR705 7.1 Ch
Speakers : Matted silver JVC SP-THC5F, SP-THC5C, SP-THC5S
Sub(s) : Matted silver JVC SP-PWC5
Sources : Polished black Sony PS3, matted gray Shuttle SG31G2 computer w/ DVD+5.1/optical out + 2.5 Terabytes media storage + ATI TV Wonder HD 650, matted gray Nintendo GameCube, matted white XBox 360, matted black Sony CDP-CX255 200 Disk CD Changer.
AV furniture : custom home threatre closet w/ shelving & sliding door
Other : 14'x14' custom home theatre room w/ 4 reclining chairs, equipment closet, and matted white Epson 1080 Home Lite Projector in recessed enclosure w/ 11' wide 16::9 projection.

The speaker system and the newer brighter Espon Home Lite projector.

The speakers.

1 (didn't matter) because I have the subwoofer sitting behind the left rear recliner.

C

ctg115

Audiophyte

1. Amp/Receiver- Denon 1610 Black

2. Speakers- Klipsch HDT 1000 Gloss Black

3. Sub(s)- Klipsch RPW-10 Black

4. Sources- HomeTheater PC- DIY, OTA Broadcast, Sony DVD- Black

5. AV furniture- DIY entertainment center- black

6. Other

New entertainment center, add blu-ray

Speakers

1- Didn't matter- as long as the subwoofer was well built and not an eyesore, would have to be either black or wood grain.

K

kkun

Audiophyte
  • Amp/Receiver: Bose 3-2-1 GS Series II
  • Speakers: Bose 3-2-1 GS Series II
  • Sub(s): Bose 3-2-1 GS Series II
  • Sources: u-verse/xbox 360/PC
  • AV furniture: generic brand stand
  • Other: TV: Samsung 50" Plasma

New Speakers, new receiver, and some room acoustical improvements.

Speakers!

5. Depends on how it matched with the decor or if it is an eyesore. If it doesn't match the speakers, it is more important to match the room or stay hidden. Matte black is easy to match with all finishes as it is easily hidden and is neutral.

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic

1. Amp/Receiver--- Denon 2808CI
2. Speakers--- AV123 x-ls, x-cs, Junk JBL surrounds
3. Sub(s)--- JBL from a cheap system
4. Sources--- Sony BDP-S350
5. AV furniture--- NONE :(
6. Other--- Old Philips TV that needs to be replaced

2) What would you change in your home theater system?--- I would update my Sub, Surrounds, TV and add/ build a new equipment rack.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?--- Even though my TV is starting to die I want to upgrade the sub first.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.--- When I bought my first system the speakers came as a package all together so they matched, it wasn't important to me though. Now that I've learned more about good sounding subs it's even less important. I want something that sounds good first, looks good second and matches a distant third.

J

jayboy69

Audiophyte
Amp/Receiver - Harman Kardon AVR254 black
Speakers - Fronts Polk Tsi400 black, Surrounds L & R Polk Tsi100 black, Center - Polk Csi20
Sub(s) 2 Polk dsw pro 500 black
Sources Samsung BDP1400 black, Pioneer DVP610 silver, Asus Oplay! black
AV furniture - Gecko A/V rack black
Other - projector Panasonic pt-ax200u and 100" fixed screen (DIY)

I would change the subwoofers :)

I would upgrade to a 1080p projector (panasonic pt-ae4000u)!

10 - had to match all my speakers which are all black and since even my theater chairs and recliners are black too i want it to match everything and not to be distracting to the eye.

M

mvhetes

Audiophyte
Amp/Receiver - Yamaha RX-N600
Speakers - Polk Model 10 (front), Infinity 1500 (rear)
Sub(s) - none (yet)
Sources - Pioneer DV 343
AV furniture - none (yet)
Other

- Add a sub, a Blu-Ray player, and replace my ancient TV with a 42" (minimum) LCD screen.

- The TV, since it has only a single RF imput.

- Not really important to me at all = 1.
I plan to make the sub as inconspicuous as possible, if not invisible.

B

bruce wayne

Audiophyte
Amp/Receiver - Yamaha RX-V659
Speakers ----- Polk R-300 mains, Sony htib surrounds, Polk CS-i25 Center channel,
Sub(s) ------- JBL 12"
Sources ------ PS3 , Toshiba HD-A3
AV furniture -- no name console
Other -------- Monoprice switcher, WII, Sharp XV-z12000MKII projector, Samsung 46" LCD television.

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Upgrade to a HD capable receiver and better speakers.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Receiver

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 5, would like it too, but not a deal breaker if its a qualitu sub for the money. The one I have was free from a friend so it could have been pink and I would have used it.

C

coloradoxc

Enthusiast
1) Yamaha R 700 receiver- wood finish
2 Bose 301 series III speakers
2 201® Direct/Reflecting® speaker system-black
No Sub

2) Replace R700 with a 7.1 A/V receiver
Incorporate a Subwoofer
3)Receiver
4)1. Just a personal preference nothing more

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Amp/Receiver Mac/ Pioneer black
Speakers Martin Logan cherry and black, Boston Acoustics Black
Subs Martin Logan Black and Cherry
Sources PS3, Yamaha DVD, Tascam Tape... All Black
AV furniture Salamander Racks, Black
Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? PreAmp

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Speakers

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 0 Needs to match Decor first and foremost

Last edited by a moderator:
Contentt

Contentt

Enthusiast
Sweet!

Fingers crossed! Man I'd have to start posting reviews if I had a real speaker setup instead of living vicariously through the board...

Amp/Receiver: Denon, but it just blew up so looking at Den, Merantz, and Yam
Speakers: infinity - man I need an upgrade! (Black)
Sub(s): M&K V-125 still cranks out the base (black)
Sources: Denon DVD, Mac Mini for ripping and streaming DVDs/intranet
AV furniture: none yet

Everything if I had the money!

Since it just blew out has to be receiver. Next would be speakers if I had cash.

10 - I try and match everything - the furniture and equipment and speakers, black has been easiest.

Good luck everyone!
Dave

S

schnell

Audiophyte

1. Yamaha HTR-5940 (black)
2. Klipsch Quintet 5.0 (black)
3. Dayton SUB-120 (black)
4. Yamaha DVD-S2500 (black)
PS3 (black)
Wii (white)
HTPC (black)
Psyclone component video switch (black)
5. Sanus speaker stands (black)
No-name AV cabinet (black)
6. Sony VPL-CX20 projector (Silver)
Panamax max1000 (black)
Straightwire/Audioquest/Kimber/Monoprice cables

Speakers

Speakers

5; If there was a matching finish I would choose that, but it is not a deal breaker. A sub can always be hidden.

Last edited:
T

typh00n

Enthusiast

1. Denon AVR-790 black
2. EMP Tek E55Ti Black
3. LFM-1 EX Subwoofer
4. HTPC, 360, Wii

Reciever

Reciever / amp

3, I'd like it to match but don't normally look at it.

Transmaniacon

Transmaniacon

Audioholic

1. Amp/Receiver - Yamaha RX-V665 / Black

2. Speakers - Infinity Reference 2000.4 (Front L/R) / Black, Infinity SM Video (CC) / Black, Infinity RS2 (Surround L/R) / Black

3. Sub(s) - BIC America F-12 / Black

4. Sources - Panasonic TC-P42X1, Sony PS3, Time Warner HD Cable, Wireless Itunes using Apple Airport Express

5. AV furniture - DIY Entertainment Stand and speaker stands

6. Other

My layout, I have my system in a corner and I feel the room acoustics are hurting me, but I am limited in my apartment.

I would upgrade my front three so as to have a matching front sound stage. I went to used route initially, and wish I had know what I know now.

6, Sub woofers can be considered furniture in some cases, and in that sense they could work as being a different color. For me, I prefer black because it matches the rest, and gives the system some uniformity.

J

jshugars

Audiophyte
Contest Questions:
Aperion is celebrating 10 years of making high value home audio speaker systems. They’d like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs.

Amp/Receiver - Denon 3808 / Black
Speakers - Rocket Onix RS750s, RS450s, RSC200 / Rosewood
Sub(s) - SVS PC12 Plus / Black
Sources - Oppo BP83, WDTV Live
AV furniture - Mission Stereo Cabinet / Mahogany

The speakers. They are too big.

The speakers. I'm looking for something that is smaller, yet can still fill a medium size room.

3, Subwoofers are meant to be heard, not seen. It doesn't have to match if it is black and unobtrusive. As long as it sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis