Tekton Enzo - The most inexpensive speakers that is in the league with high-end speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
After a little research, looks like you could just strait up buy the ICEpower module they're using for $500.

G

Grador

slippery's is less than half the power fuzz's is for parts not working

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
It works, you just need to add a case, inputs, etc like you would if you bought the modules from anywhere else.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I can build a better sounding system for $1500 than what he listed from $8000, lol...
D1 dac $160, epic epos 5 towers {havent heard them yet, but if there are even a little better than the 2's they will be amazing}, $600 EPOS EPIC 5 SPEAKERS (BLACK) **DEMO** at Music Direct, and a $810 for 2 XPa-100 monoblocks {obviously you can get much cheaper amps, but these would be fun}...

S

SearchofSub

Banned
I dont know how to DIY it though. Is it easy to DIY that? The reason why I got that amp is because it is reviwed as the DP-1 being a little tiny bit harsh in the upper range. The matching SP-1 is reported to tame the high end a bit so its a good match.

S

SearchofSub

Banned
I'm looking to buy the surface pro to play DSD and SACD as well, by the time i am done with this, I think i am going to be heavy into music.

S

SearchofSub

Banned
LOL, and then don't forget the $7500 for the labotomy he needs...
I am envious of you cpp, its still entertaining for you, it has passed that for me, long ago :( now it physically hurts to open this thread and I can't stop doing it...

Well, I am planning to get the custom made cables from Moon Audio (which sells the DP-1 and SP-1 BTW) and have already bought the Exactpower EP15A and SP15A for the power. (used)

You guys think I am kidding around about all this.. little do you know, I am NOT!

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Tekton Enzo - The most inexpensive speakers that is in the league with high-e...

Pics pics pics. Don't forget to put a little piece of paper with your S/N on top before you snap the pic.

G

Grador

I dont know how to DIY it though. Is it easy to DIY that? The reason why I got that amp is because it is reviwed as the DP-1 being a little tiny bit harsh in the upper range. The matching SP-1 is reported to tame the high end a bit so its a good match.
Many people are averse to sharp cheddar, finding it to be slightly to pungent and overpowering. I usually keep a medium cheddar around with my extra sharp for this very reason. Though the medium sliced and placed on top of crackers may be more to the taste of many than the sharp, the sharp really shines when used in dishes like mac and cheese where there medium may get lost in the mix.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I'm looking to buy the surface pro to play DSD and SACD as well, by the time i am done with this, I think i am going to be heavy into music.
And your going to play SACD and DSD on the surface pro, using what ? and I don't mean the DAC.

Last edited:
G

Grador

You guys think I am kidding around about all this.. little do you know, I am NOT!
If you're seriously serious about this, not trolling, and actually have that much money to drop on this then I have a Nigerian Prince that would love to talk to you about some diamonds.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I find Mascarpone cheese to be a good way to add a creamy texture to some of the tasty dry cheeses, so you spread some of it on the cracker then choose a thinner slice of the sharp cheddar or even a Red Windsor, Oh yeah, I know this because my wife put me in charge of the cheese and crackers for our hoity toity parties, I am also in charge of wines and liquOr but that is for all parties...

Our last party was last weekend because a friend of ours is moving away, so we had a little get together just 18 people, and I did a Gusto Garlic Pesto cheese ball in the center of the plate (we have a specific cheese and cracker serving plate which she has made its like 24"!!!}, then I did, the normal cheddar and for the swiss I did Gruyere slices, BUT I added some Camembert instead of brie, and I did a marscapone bowl with a small bowl of grated pecorino romano, then a few bowls of herbs... For crackers we did ritz {of course, then some sea solt, and some deli style, and of course a soft and a hard pita... For liquor we had grey goose, El Dorado Guyana Rum , Jameson gold reserve, and the bar was of course open but them are the bottles I bought for the party and set out... Pretty basic stuff with a party like this, most women will drink wine coolers from the fridge, or vodka with OJ, Cranberry, Pineapple, or all 3 or more what ever is sweet... And most of the guys will drink whiskey or beer... the rum and coke is split down the middle, women and men drink it, I used to get kahlua and creamy liquors for the women, but now they are all on diets, so its vodka and fruit, the guys used to be Patron and long island ice teas, this is now either beer or whisket with the occasional rum and coke... For a while there a few years back, the summer drinks were all fruity and iced, that is now over {THANK GOD}, now summer is the same as the rest of the year, them stupid colorful never get it rite drinks are a thing of the past... Back to basics...

This is all very true, I have thrown so many parties, I should rite a book about the drinks and cheese... We had 18 guests plus me and my wife, no dinner- just over for a while with finger sandwiches{I lost this responsibility in the "great sandwhich cabockle of 2010" when I accidentally used Red Chille Peanut dressing on the pulled chicken sandwiches and my brother'n'laws cousin had to get rushed to the hospital for a peanut allergy} , drinks and my cheese plate... And now next party we go to someone will copy us, last year we did a party with all gourmet little private pizzas, where we had a caterer come in and make everyone a pizza with what ever they wanted on it, everyone got an 8" pizza and there was tons of topping options, it was a huge hit.... I have NOW been to 10 of them parties!!! Damn copy cats...

Them pulled chicken breast sandwiches were delicous with that chilli peanut dressing, they had just the rite amount of everything, except for the guy that was allergic, for him it was way too much peanut, he ended up in a mini coma, and tried to sue me!!!! Family, lol... I think he thought we would settle out of court, and when his lawyers letter was answered by my lawyers office his attorney must have been like "this may not be a good idea?" and they dropped it, then he had the balls to ask my wife why him and his wife weren't invited to our parties, FKN scumbag, his car even leaked oil on my driveway, I should have sued him, he didn't even ask if there was any peanuts in anything, he was just there to eat up my free food... douche...

But anyway, I am definitely taking pics of my next cheese plate... I don't make the cheese balls by the way, nor do I really think up all the combos of stuff, I kind of drop the big huge plate off at the deli and pick it up the next morning all done up, my butchers wife does it all :eek: .. But she is always soooo nice when she takes the time to explain it all to me so I can act like I know what Im talking about when people ask me what it is, Im always like, "yes that is a whole wheat cracker dipped in a balsamic glaze then dried over apple wood" lol... My favorite was when she made some sandwich trays for me that I brought to a meeting at my sons school, and she said "turkey cranberry" I heard "Jerky manberry" {they have all weird names and the women speaks broken english} so Im going around telling people thats a jerky manberry and people liked them, so then I ordered sandwiches again a few eeks later and ordered the jerky manberry and the daughter was like "WHAT?" I then found out what a jerk I was..., Now I have them make little name plates for the sandwiches... My favorite is the "cold corn piggy", it has sausage chili inside a cornbread roll, that should be illegal to make, its sooo good... and the name.. the cold corn piggy, who the fk thinks of this stuff?!?!?!?

Now as far as the OP being serious, nahhh... If you are serious, then wake the fk up, and stop talking retarded, you either have way too much time or just suck.... Because you have taken none of the advice given here and yet you still post, wtf is that about, go haunt another board somewhere else with this non sense... You have NO idea what you want, first its HT now its music, these aren't things people are on the fence about when spending $10K...

Its this EZ, you want a killer music system that will impress anyone within earshot, then get your self a pair of sierra towers, a ULS15 dual drive, an XPA2 amp, XSP1 processor, 4 emotiva XLR balanced cables, and a pair of emotiva speaker cables, it will cost around $6000 and be incredible, that is all there is to it... If you want a home theater, get a denon 3313, with 4 ascend sierra bookshelfs and a sierra center, and an hsu vtf3 dual drive, that will cost around $4000 and be great....

Them are the best value for the money systems I have heard in a long time, and after listening to a lot of systems, for what you are supposedly spending on the system with the seas pendragons, you can buy both of them systems!!!!! But you wont buy that stuff because you probably don't have $10,000 available if you added the limit of all your credit cards, never mind liquid extra funds to drop on a stereo system....

Just give it up, log off, start another screen name in a few weeks and start over, maybe with a thread that says "I have $2500 for a 50/50 music movies sound system, whats the best sound for my money?" and we will give you our oppinions, you will go buy that stuff and live happily ever after... The problem is you don't know what you want, BUT think you do, you aren't even asking questions anymore, and I laugh everytime I read a post of you telling others what they should be buying, when you havent heard any of it. 98% of the stuff I recommend I either own, owned, or heard and critically listened to.... I would be surprised if you have even heard what anyone can walk into best buy and listen to, I have heard speakers that we had to make an appt. to listen to and drive to NJ to see....

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I find Mascarpone cheese to be a good way to add a creamy texture to some of the tasty dry cheeses, so you spread some of it on the cracker then choose a thinner slice of the sharp cheddar or even a Red Windsor, Oh yeah, I know this because my wife put me in charge of the cheese and crackers for our hoity toity parties, I am also in charge of wines and liquOr but that is for all parties...

Our last party was last weekend because a friend of ours is moving away, so we had a little get together just 18 people, and I did a Gusto Garlic Pesto cheese ball in the center of the plate (we have a specific cheese and cracker serving plate which she has made its like 24"!!!}, then I did, the normal cheddar and for the swiss I did Gruyere slices, BUT I added some Camembert instead of brie, and I did a marscapone bowl with a small bowl of grated pecorino romano, then a few bowls of herbs... For crackers we did ritz {of course, then some sea solt, and some deli style, and of course a soft and a hard pita... For liquor we had grey goose, El Dorado Guyana Rum , Jameson gold reserve, and the bar was of course open but them are the bottles I bought for the party and set out... Pretty basic stuff with a party like this, most women will drink wine coolers from the fridge, or vodka with OJ, Cranberry, Pineapple, or all 3 or more what ever is sweet... And most of the guys will drink whiskey or beer... the rum and coke is split down the middle, women and men drink it, I used to get kahlua and creamy liquors for the women, but now they are all on diets, so its vodka and fruit, the guys used to be Patron and long island ice teas, this is now either beer or whisket with the occasional rum and coke... For a while there a few years back, the summer drinks were all fruity and iced, that is now over {THANK GOD}, now summer is the same as the rest of the year, them stupid colorful never get it rite drinks are a thing of the past... Back to basics...

This is all very true, I have thrown so many parties, I should rite a book about the drinks and cheese... We had 18 guests plus me and my wife, no dinner- just over for a while with finger sandwiches{I lost this responsibility in the "great sandwhich cabockle of 2010" when I accidentally used Red Chille Peanut dressing on the pulled chicken sandwiches and my brother'n'laws cousin had to get rushed to the hospital for a peanut allergy} , drinks and my cheese plate... And now next party we go to someone will copy us, last year we did a party with all gourmet little private pizzas, where we had a caterer come in and make everyone a pizza with what ever they wanted on it, everyone got an 8" pizza and there was tons of topping options, it was a huge hit.... I have NOW been to 10 of them parties!!! Damn copy cats...

Them pulled chicken breast sandwiches were delicous with that chilli peanut dressing, they had just the rite amount of everything, except for the guy that was allergic, for him it was way too much peanut, he ended up in a mini coma, and tried to sue me!!!! Family, lol... I think he thought we would settle out of court, and when his lawyers letter was answered by my lawyers office his attorney must have been like "this may not be a good idea?" and they dropped it, then he had the balls to ask my wife why him and his wife weren't invited to our parties, FKN scumbag, his car even leaked oil on my driveway, I should have sued him, he didn't even ask if there was any peanuts in anything, he was just there to eat up my free food... douche...

But anyway, I am definitely taking pics of my next cheese plate... I don't make the cheese balls by the way, nor do I really think up all the combos of stuff, I kind of drop the big huge plate off at the deli and pick it up the next morning all done up, my butchers wife does it all :eek: .. But she is always soooo nice when she takes the time to explain it all to me so I can act like I know what Im talking about when people ask me what it is, Im always like, "yes that is a whole wheat cracker dipped in a balsamic glaze then dried over apple wood" lol... My favorite was when she made some sandwich trays for me that I brought to a meeting at my sons school, and she said "turkey cranberry" I heard "Jerky manberry" {they have all weird names and the women speaks broken english} so Im going around telling people thats a jerky manberry and people liked them, so then I ordered sandwiches again a few eeks later and ordered the jerky manberry and the daughter was like "WHAT?" I then found out what a jerk I was..., Now I have them make little name plates for the sandwiches... My favorite is the "cold corn piggy", it has sausage chili inside a cornbread roll, that should be illegal to make, its sooo good... and the name.. the cold corn piggy, who the fk thinks of this stuff?!?!?!?
How about Peanut Sauce
[h=3]Ingredients[/h]
  • 3 ozs salted peanuts (roasted)
  • 2 tbsps canola oil
  • 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil (asian)
  • 1 tsp hot chili oil
  • 2 tbsps soy sauce
  • 4 tsps fresh lime juice
  • 1 tbsp white sugar (taste)
  • 1 tsp chili garlic sauce (asian, taste)
Darn tasty

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
that troll is up to no good, looks all innocent, I don't fall for that sh!t Cherry Doctor P, with a cherry cupcake, and a globe, fukin looking to do some evil Sh!t if you ask me... at least make some prank phone calls, bare minimum, shes ordering 9 pizzas to someones house... whats she got written on that paper? Some al qaeda sh!t Im sure. And is that a glory whole in that box, a troll sized glory whole with their weird oval shaped D1cks. O man this thread is SICK!!!!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
How about Peanut Sauce
Ingredients

• 3 ozs salted peanuts (roasted)
  • 2 tbsps canola oil
  • 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil (asian)
  • 1 tsp hot chili oil
  • 2 tbsps soy sauce
  • 4 tsps fresh lime juice
  • 1 tbsp white sugar (taste)
  • 1 tsp chili garlic sauce (asian, taste)
Darn tasty
Ladies, is this a cooking forum now? :eek: :D

My wife is always on her cooking forum. You know they bicker all they time on those forums too? :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yep. Cherry Dr. Pepper and a cupcake - that's trouble fuel right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis