Tekton Enzo - The most inexpensive speakers that is in the league with high-end speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'd guess it'd be better, but cleaning a grinder is such a huge pain in the butt that I don't blame anyone for buying pre-ground. Especially because, unlike shredded cheese, you're probably just grinding the meat for one dish that day.
Oops, I should have been more specific. I watched an episode of America's Test Kitchen in which they used a food processor to do it (you want to chill the beef first so that it holds together better). Your post about shredding cheese made me think of it.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Oops, I should have been more specific. I watched an episode of America's Test Kitchen in which they used a food processor to do it (you want to chill the beef first so that it holds together better). Your post about shredding cheese made me think of it.
Huh, interesting. I am rather curious how well that actually works out. I imagine you might have some uniformity and grind size issues. Certainly worth a try though.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I'd guess it'd be better, but cleaning a grinder is such a huge pain in the butt that I don't blame anyone for buying pre-ground. Especially because, unlike shredded cheese, you're probably just grinding the meat for one dish that day.
I buy my meat at the butcher, he is the nicest guy, if we want ground meat he does it rite then. He cuts bineless prime rip rite in from of me, makes the roast rite there, gets it all ready, rubs in the seasonings and everything... He even writes the cooking instructions for the weight on the wrapper, so I get it home, the wrapper says "preheat over 450, roast at 450 for 20 minutes, remove roast and loose cover with foil lower heat to 350 for 2 hours and 15 minutes, remove let sit in foil for 20 minutes check temp 130* for medium" and when I pull that roast out and let it sit for the 20 minutes the temp will be within 4 degrees of what he said, the guy is like the meat whisperer... I love boneless prime rib roasts, I buy a 9 lb'r for when we have card games at my house, everyone brings something, my buddies mother makes us Baked sliced potatoes with some kind of yellor /orange cheese, like augratin style, you wan't to eat the entire pan when you smell them.... OH man now Im hungry and I just ate....

My wife hardley uses the food processor any more I got her a blendtek designer blender and that thing does everything, it will actuallly heat up soup, if you put all the soup ingrediants in cold, and then put the blender on soup it will go sooo fast it heats the soup to 160*!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFg_fYhlxDk

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Unfortunately there's no butcher within 25 miles of my house anymore. Would be great to get service and fresh meat like that.

S

SearchofSub

Banned
Pics pics pics. Don't forget to put a little piece of paper with your S/N on top before you snap the pic.

Yep, will do. If you ever come down to CA, give me a hollar, Im gonna have a 9k system with the Pendragon SEAS and you can listen all you want man.

S

SearchofSub

Banned
You 3 frogs still babbling and trying troll the thread... ohboy.

S

SearchofSub

Banned
Perhaps I should get the Hypex N-Core 400 for the amp to match the Eximus DP-1 DAC/Preamp. I heard its very neutral.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Unfortunately there's no butcher within 25 miles of my house anymore. Would be great to get service and fresh meat like that.
25 miles!!! Mine is literally 3 miles away and I live in the woods!!! That sucks, I don't know what I would do with out that butcher there, I was worried when they started to get old because I thought they would give up on the place {even though its a gold mine, always busy, and nothing is cheap, all good stuff, they know they can't compete with supermarkets fro milk and regular bread, so they don't try, they sell local glass jar milk, hand made bread, no preservatives, no added junk, all organic from local farms, like it should be.. They make their own honey, their own preserves, they get veggies delivered as you order them, from local farmers. All the meat comes from their farm, they have cattle, pigs, chickens, turkeys, the place is amazing... Kind of private though, seems like everyone that goes there knows everyone by name, the type of place you need to know them to go to, its actually at their farm where they live so, you go into their basement to pay for your food, no credit cards, cash or check only.. A lot of "help" in there, like peolpe around here sending their housekeepers, and maids..
We don't have full time help, we have a cleaning women/a part time housekeeper that helps around parties, holidays, and stressful times like when the kids go back to school, or when we are going on vacation, ect... But that's it, a lot of people around here have full time help, a really good friend of mine has 3 full timers taking care of his family, that costs him over $100K per year!!!!!!! but his house is twice the size of mine its all of 10,000 square feet and I'm sure a handfull to keep clean with 4 kids, I have 2 kids 14 and 12 years old and my house is only 4500 sq feet and it could keep someone busy 40 hours a week keeping everything in order {12 hours a week just in windows, floors, kitchen, bathrooms, dusting!!!} but my wife is always around so its not as bad...

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
All I need is a healthy ovum and I can grow my own Leonard Nemoy.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I find Mascarpone cheese to be a good way to add a creamy texture to some of the tasty dry cheeses, so you spread some of it on the cracker then choose a thinner slice of the sharp cheddar or even a Red Windsor, Oh yeah, I know this because my wife put me in charge of the cheese and crackers for our hoity toity parties, I am also in charge of wines and liquOr but that is for all parties...
After that post I've determined that I should buy you a beer. Too bad there is only a thanks button. This thread just became awesome. Haven't laughed like that in a while.

J

Jimz711

Full Audioholic
And I thought I was a contributor to this thread going way off base, it's probably 30 pages later and we're back on to cheese again. Although I do appreciate the Leonard Nimoy comment.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Tekton Enzo - The most inexpensive speakers that is in the league with high-e...

J. River’s Media Center.

One of the best for pc-based.
Unless I'm mistaken you're still missing an SACD player in the picture.

S

SearchofSub

Banned
oh boy, time for some more product research. Man so much sh!t to buy for a good sound. :D

I do have the Sony BX-59. Maybe I'll use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis