Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Last day of OSHA 30 ... I'm glad it's almost over. Organizations like that ... it's retarded. All this talk of safety and who has to do what ... their standards don't get met and the 'no retribution' laws for whistle blowers are impossible to enforce. Construction is dangerous and OSHA is BS.

... and why exactly do I have to give up a month of Saturdays with no compensation? :rolleyes:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
They wouldn't accept a tip (said that they weren't allowed), but at least I offered.
That's because they wanted you to offer the receptacle, not the tip.:D

Oh, and I hope there's no damage to the car.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I don't want to get into all of it and not trying to make things worse with Haraldo, but the US is FAR from the highest murder rates. #1 was no surprise: South Africa with Central and South America not far behind.

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It does bother me that you have such a view of the US because generalizing an entire country based on your personal opinion isn't exactly fair. You are absolutely entitled to your opinions and feelings though. It was never my intent to offend you if you if I was one of those who did.
Well, he said "in the civilized world". Don't know where South Africa or South America sit on that list. Hey - at least he thinks you're civilized. :D

We all have our national quirks. We get cr@p for the seal hunt. Norway still hunts whales. Americans like to play with guns. I find the obsession with firearms a bit off-putting myself. But, I'm able to look past that idiosyncrasy and say that I like the USA. ;)

Guys, I think you should cut Harald some slack. Norway isn't a huge country, so the tragedy they went through may be having a proportionally greater effect on the national psyche. Please don't get too defensive and just give him some time.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
The attitudes at AH is getting too much for me....

You really believe that a gun in your hand makes you safer, perhaps that's why USA has more murders than any other country in the civilized world....

I'm out of here, perhaps I will be back.... perhaps not....
My apologies for piling on late... I missed this one.

Harold, if we were to use your convoluted logic, we'd have to outlaw soccer balls. :rolleyes: Since there were over 70 deaths at this one 2012 soccer match alone.
Egypt soccer match postgame, more than 70 dead in melee, fan violence - ESPN

and: Egypt football violence: More than 70 dead and 1,000 injured after pitch invasion | Mail Online

If you want to help change things in your country, why come to an audio site in the USA to cry?:confused:
Seems like it would make sense to do something constructive in your own country if you feel passionate about the subject.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
WOW.... after an hour im HALF done my lawn... didnt think it was this big. it would have taken me days to cut my old lawn.....

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
OSHA regulation on trenches: Don't get buried alive.

Thanks ... :rolleyes:

All done with that crap until they decide that I gotta do that again every 4 years like out in Connecticut.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Guys, I think you should cut Harald some slack.
No. Guns and steak are good. I don't care what Hindus and victims think.

Note: I don't own guns because I'm not 100% stable and I don't want to go to jail.

majorloser

majorloser

OSHA regulation on trenches: Don't get buried alive.

Thanks ... :rolleyes:

All done with that crap until they decide that I gotta do that again every 4 years like out in Connecticut.
Don't forget to slope your trench and have two ladders in the whole. And if you go too deep it's a confined space requiring gas detectors and extraction gear. If there's a gas line in the ditch it's an explosive atmosphere so you need to keep track of the LEL. If there's an electrical line in the ditch there's a chance of an arc fault so you'll need a the proper protective clothing for that hazard catagory. And don't forget to use the proper MOT if you're near traffic.

Speaking of PPE, make sure you have gloves of every type, goggles, face shield, 5-point harness with fall arresting lanyard, hearing protection, hard hat, bump cap, chemical apron, steel toed boots, rubber chemical boots, arc fault suit, welding helmet, welding jacket, full face respirator with various "up-to-date" cartridge types, SCBA breathing equipment with extra tanks and you better have a few Level "A" protective suits on hand. Now you ready to go to work. :eek:

But wait a minute, aren't you a carpenter?

In that case all you need is a beer coozie and a box of condoms :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow, somebody knows their way around a trench and the OSHA Speak is strong with this one. It is serious stuff and I'm glad for when their meddling does save lives but I did do my best work with a beer buzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis