Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
THE AIR CONDITIONING IS ON :D a few mins ago it hit 30 celcius or 86f in my room :O

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Doug's wife on FB: "Catching again after 3 years! Boys legs are going to hurt tomorrow!"

She thinks that it's been three years? Doug has clearly been sticking to the first rule of Twister Club. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The new dishwasher is scheduled to be installed today.

I figured that it was normal to tip the person (or people) bringing it out, but after reading for a couple of minutes online, there are people who have strong opinions for both tipping and not tipping. Eh, I'm going to tip them...well, assuming that they don't scratch my floors or something. I know that I'd get tired lugging appliances around.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The new dishwasher is scheduled to be installed today.

I figured that it was normal to tip the person (or people) bringing it out, but after reading for a couple of minutes online, there are people who have strong opinions for both tipping and not tipping. Eh, I'm going to tip them...well, assuming that they don't scratch my floors or something. I know that I'd get tired lugging appliances around.
Not tipping is for pickle puffers.
It seems to me that the occupations eligible for tipping has been expanding over the years. I remember when it was just bartenders/waiters, cab drivers and barbers that received tips. Now, everybody seems to want a piece of that action. I never would've guessed that appliance delivery people should be tipped.:confused:

So Alex, who do you tip? And, if the service is poor, do you still tip?

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
It seems to me that the occupations eligible for tipping has been expanding over the years. I remember when it was just bartenders/waiters, cab drivers and barbers that received tips. Now, everybody seems to want a piece of that action. I never would've guessed that appliance delivery people should be tipped.:confused:

Tip? You mean like what horse to bet on in the 5th? Maybe a good stock tip?
Isn't that insider trading?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Outside of the normal stuff I tipped my movers before they started. Coffee shops get handfuls of nickles and pennies in their tip cups. I save dimes (they're the most valuable coin by volume) and quarters go for laundry. If the service is poor I still tip but don't go back. I love leaving honest tips at restaurants because it can change a servers night around and I think they might not spit into my food the next time around.

I got made up stuff to do. Got run so I can pretend to be busy. :rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Outside of the normal stuff I tipped my movers before they started.
I contemplated tipping before hand as a bribe, but I'm going to wait until after. I want the person to get a tip for doing a good job. :)

I figure, heck, I tip someone delivering me a pizza from two miles away (when they are surely also stopping at other people's houses) a couple of bucks each time, so why not tip someone who's lugging my old appliance out and installing a new one? After reading around, I've dropped from $20 to $10. Plus, I'm guessing that installing a dishwasher probably won't take the person long, since they probably do several of those a week.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
The attitudes at AH is getting too much for me....

You really believe that a gun in your hand makes you safer, perhaps that's why USA has more murders than any other country in the civilized world....

I'm out of here, perhaps I will be back.... perhaps not....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi

It's nice having you here, Harald. I hope that you stay, but if you decide to go, take it easy, my friend.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
You really believe that a gun in your hand makes you safer,
I'm not sure where this is coming from the gun folks tend to limit it to one forum which was not started by an American I might add.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Good luck. May everything show up as hoped.
Thanks, man. It went okay. Not awesome, but well enough. The delivery guys were really nice. The water line on my old one snapped out and hit my car when they put it in the garage for me (I was afraid that something like that would happen), and they got water and dirt (a.k.a. mud) over a large area of the tile and my mats. Tile has been mopped and mats are washed and in the dryer, so most is taken care of.

This new one is quieter. The SPL is only about two decibels lower, but it sounds like a bigger difference to me. Must be the frequencies it's at.

They wouldn't accept a tip (said that they weren't allowed), but at least I offered.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't want to get into all of it and not trying to make things worse with Haraldo, but the US is FAR from the highest murder rates. #1 was no surprise: South Africa with Central and South America not far behind.

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It does bother me that you have such a view of the US because generalizing an entire country based on your personal opinion isn't exactly fair. You are absolutely entitled to your opinions and feelings though. It was never my intent to offend you if you if I was one of those who did.

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

You really believe that a gun in your hand makes you safer, perhaps that's why USA has more murders than any other country in the civilized world....
Whatever dude. It seems like you too are trying to push your opinions on other. Like my father always said, "An opinion is like a butthole, everybody has one and you'll probably think the one being shoved in your face stinks."

Yes, I am a proud American. My ancestors left the oppression of Europe for a chance at a better life. They fought and died for this country. They also fought and died to free other countries from oppression. So maybe we aren't perfect in the eyes of others.

Can't make everybody happy no matter how hard you try.
Just wish some of our politicians would learn that fact of life.

Peace out and hope you find your piece happiness in the world. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis