Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
yea, I'm there - got 173 connections - the problem is I didn't keep in touch with most of them and the other part I barely know :eek:

Like I said - I'm not very social :eek::(
Yeah, LinkedIn is ok, but I don't see it as a viable business network unless you use the crap out of it. Having connections for the sake of having connections won't really do much for you.

Jeffrey Gitomer has a couple books with some great tips on meeting people... "The Little Red Book of Sales" comes to mind.

I almost always recommend doing some research about your area, and give a speech.

Its not easy, but it can be really valuable. I remember finding a builder's association in my metro area and signing up to give a speech. I HATE public speaking and at the time epitomized social awkwardness. I was nervous for days, but stuck with it. It helped me gain social confidence and I met a lot of new contacts. Part of my speech included passing out some reference materials with my contact info and a business card. Pretty simple really. Find something you're an expert in, find a way to apply it to a specific group, put on your big girl panties and get it done.

I've given several talks now in a variety of groups and its proven to be a great way to meet people and get over being shy. Since you're in IT, perhaps you could find some business groups in the area and talk about new trends in saving IT costs, new technology to make processes simpler, or what systems are available to manage information specific to their business. Honestly, the content needs to be accurate, but it doesn't have to be groundbreaking. Give it a shot. Its highly effective and will make you a much more well rounded professional. It won't matter if you suck- just be forward about it in your speech. Part of your speech can include why you're doing it. People will appreciate your determination to become a more savvy businessman.

Your bill is in the mail. :cool:

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
HAHAHAHAHA... I'm in tears over here.. Thats freaking hilarious man... That picture is awesome!

Yep, I'm happy. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
happy now?
That's a good job with the sig including the gayest thing that could ever happen to a horse but I'll give you a sig tip. You can use a smaller font size and put the comment about your system in the same line as the other stuff to further reduce the space it takes. That way your sig won't be the 400 pound gorilla in your posts. Some find that annoying but then again some don't care ... they want their sig to tell a tale. Your call. BTW ... my sig is perfect. :)

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
That's a good job with the sig including the gayest thing that could ever happen to a horse but I'll give you a sig tip. You can use a smaller font size and put the comment about your system in the same line as the other stuff to further reduce the space it takes. That way your sig won't be the 400 pound gorilla in your posts. Some find that annoying but then again some don't care ... they want their sig to tell a tale. Your call. BTW ... my sig is perfect. :)
I think what he's trying to say is:
Can you make that gay looking horse look a little bigger.:D

That looks like the AH twister mascot.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
I think what he's trying to say is:
Can you make that gay looking horse look a little bigger.:D

That looks like the AH twister mascot.
i got one of the smallest versions i could find... im sure you dont want a 1024x768 pic in my sig...

majorloser

majorloser

I think the unicorn was the only good advice Adwilk has ever given on this forum. There may have been one other time when he suggested a sexual position to Alex. :rolleyes:

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I think the unicorn was the only good advice Adwilk has ever given on this forum. There may have been one other time when he suggested a sexual position to Alex. :rolleyes:
And Doug thanked me for it.

Hey, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I wish I could just carry around that green smiley with me everyday. It basically gives you the freedom to say whatever you want.

Hey, Dave... F&%$ YOU! :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I wish I could just carry around that green smiley with me everyday. It basically gives you the freedom to say whatever you want.

Hey, Dave... F&%$ YOU! :D
I know what you mean. I can say that I think you're a pedophile, add a :D and we're all good.:) Right? Adwilk...? You still there...?:D < See what I did there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis