Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
$100 to scan my car to tell me I need a new gas cap... and they wonder why people don't get their car serviced? :mad:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
$100 to scan my car to tell me I need a new gas cap... and they wonder why people don't get their car serviced? :mad:
I don't know if you have an Auto Zone around you but they'll do those scans for free. Also it might just be a gas cap that isn't tightened all the way. That's what mine was. A full service only gas station that I had to stop at to make it out of Boston taught me that lesson. Bummer about the C note. :(

dkane360

dkane360

I don't know if you have an Auto Zone around you but they'll do those scans for free. Also it might just be a gas cap that isn't tightened all the way. That's what mine was. A full service only gas station that I had to stop at to make it out of Boston taught me that lesson. Bummer about the C note. :(
I thought it was serious, because it went on less than 24 hours after I left from getting something else serviced on my car. I had to leave for school though, so I couldn't go back to where I had just gotten it serviced. She said that the fee would go to whatever needed to be fixed, so I figured it would go to a more expensive repair. Now I'll have the worlds most expensive gas cap. I'll be sure to take pics and write a review :p

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I'm officially bored. Three weeks of not working is enough. Anybody need any work done?

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Oh, and for you smart@$$es out there... I won't do 'that' job.

Unless the price is right.

dkane360

dkane360

I'm officially bored. Three weeks of not working is enough. Anybody need any work done?
Well, what can you do? :D

And the final cost for the gas cap was $120. I get to pick it up on Friday, because they couldn't get the order in today...

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
i wish my dad had that attitude...... but i wonder where he goes for 10 hrs a day now....

on an unrelated note... NEVER try to fix a sidewinder mouse... you cant. there's a million different ribbon cables and lcd screens in it that you can barely take the cover off.... but i did manage to stretch a spring for the scroll wheel... seems to have fixed my problem so far :)

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Yes I need some work done; Drywall, wiring, etc,... Do you do more than sell puppies to girl scouts?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just learned a new word: syzygy. :D

Granted, I'll forget it within half an hour :) ...but hopefully I'll remember why I learned it - we'll be able to witness a transit of Venus on June 5-6 (depending on where we live), with the next one not occurring until 2117. Likely, I'll miss it because I'm watching reruns on TV...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought of the same thing but couldn't find it.:D
In a rare moment of clarity I'm not thinking anything and I ain't about to click anything either. But you guys enjoy.

So what am I going to do today.
  1. Make a call
  2. Further sort out some wiring for computer and sub amp
  3. Do some reading on routers
  4. Maybe ask more stupid questions

... don't judge. This isn't as easy as it looks. :rolleyes:

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Today I'm gonna do nothing but read about the raspberry pi until I figure out what I want to do with one

dkane360

dkane360

Today I'm gonna do nothing but read about the raspberry pi until I figure out what I want to do with one
Before you do that, you should fix your signature to have the proper spelling of "reference". It's been bugging me :D

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Before you do that, you should fix your signature to have the proper spelling of "reference". It's been bugging me :D
Now if he would "capitalize" it, that'd be great...

Yeeaaah.. I'm gonna need ya to go ahead and do that. Yeaah.. Thaaannks.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I need to do professional networking - it aint easy for [strike]geek[/strike] introvert like me - it's a miracle I got married at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis