Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just got my first ever cast iron cookware - a pizza pan (go figure :)). That punk is heavy.
Baked some french fries on it, then followed that up with two veggie corndogs. Pretty nice, but like I said...heavy.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Contemplating buying a second snowblower. Is it crazy to have 2 snowblowers? I do live in Canada after all.
Whereabouts do you live and who is going to operate the second one?

We've had one significant snowfall so far and that was all gone within 3-4 days. Other than that, we've had the scattered flurry. It's been a very mild fall. I'm pretty sure we will have a green Christmas. :mad:

We have the most topsy turvy weather you can imagine. It was -9°C this morning when I got up. But, it'll be up to +9°C by tonight.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Baked some french fries on it, then followed that up with two veggie corndogs. Pretty nice, but like I said...heavy.
We bought a pizza stone recently and it makes a very nice crust.:)

We also have 6" and 9" cast iron frying pans, which I prefer over stainless steel. We do have a 12" SS pan too - only because a cast iron pan of that size would be just too heavy. I find that I need less oil in a cast iron pan to keep food from sticking.

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
Whereabouts do you live and who is going to operate the second one?

We've had one significant snowfall so far and that was all gone within 3-4 days. Other than that, we've had the scattered flurry. It's been a very mild fall. I'm pretty sure we will have a green Christmas. :mad:

We have the most topsy turvy weather you can imagine. It was -9°C this morning when I got up. But, it'll be up to +9°C by tonight.
Southwestern Ontario. In early Dec last year we had over 3 feet of snow in 3 days. Today it's going to be +10˚C here.

I'm just getting lazy and don't want to pull out the big snowblower for a bit of snow, but we have a very wide and long driveway which makes shoveling a PITA even when there is only a bit of snow. Thinking of getting a little electric Toro one for light snowfall to save my back.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
close but no cigar. You fail as a stalker :p
Or did he just succeed brilliantly? Throw out something random, then once you correct him, he populates his little stalker spreadsheet. :eek:

Speaking of which, I need to update mine now...

:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
We bought a pizza stone recently and it makes a very nice crust.:)
Agreed! I've used one for over ten years. I actually bought this cast iron pan to see if it would make a good replacement. I took the stone out of the oven and put it into a cabinet last night for the first time since buying it over a decade ago. We'll have to see if it stays in there, though. :) I don't bake nearly as much pizza now that I've given up dairy, although I might bake a cheeseless pizza on the new pan today.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, this thread got some late night action. I left the forum last night shortly after the initial post, I come back this morning, and there's 66 replies. Impressive. And it's a "real" thread. :)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Agreed! I've used one for over ten years. I actually bought this cast iron pan to see if it would make a good replacement. I took the stone out of the oven and put it into a cabinet last night for the first time since buying it over a decade ago. We'll have to see if it stays in there, though. :) I don't bake nearly as much pizza now that I've given up dairy, although I might bake a cheeseless pizza on the new pan today.
Man, if you want me to come for a visit, you're gonna have to reform your dietary restrictions. ;) Come on, admit it - you really do...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
K-cups with less plastic. An obvious idea once you see it, but freaking brilliant.

I do wonder how much packaging goes into keeping the coffee fresh, though...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm weak - it should be here Friday. I hesitated about 30 minutes too long, or else I could have had it Thursday.
Through some miracle of holiday-time distribution, it's going to be here today!

Hee, hee. I can't wait to slice that first apple. And likely my hand...

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Man, if you want me to come for a visit, you're gonna have to reform your dietary restrictions. ;) Come on, admit it - you really do...
Once dairy starts giving you the runs you'll change your tune.:D

On a cold dreary morning.

The milkman's throne I sat.
Enjoying cheese, cream, and screams.
All through the night.
But in the fade I felt a slight.
On a cold dreary morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com