Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Was gonna book takeaway food today... and... there are actually restaurants that do not have a menu on a web site... on Internet....

No order for them ;)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I wish I could get a few days off. Sad part is I'd probably spend them with Skyrim. You know the nerd honeymoon phase is gone when the husband goes back to gaming and the wife to reading.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My knives now have a tracking number...but it's not in the system, yet. I think these might be my first set of German-made knives.

And, no, I didn't order them because I'm excited at the thought of having something hard and German pressed up against my meat. Well, it wasn't only because of that...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It might be time for some more chips and salsa.

Yes, I think it just might be.

majorloser

majorloser

Man, you must've needed a nap after that drive...:D
"Driving a fire truck" is code speak between Rick and Alex.

Think about it.......driving something large and red, firemen costumes and large hoses. :rolleyes:

NTTAWWT

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
My knives now have a tracking number...but it's not in the system, yet. I think these might be my first set of German-made knives.

And, no, I didn't order them because I'm excited at the thought of having something hard and German pressed up against my meat. Well, it wasn't only because of that...
I bought a nice set of knives recently. I started doing a decent amount of cooking, and was tired of using cheap dull knives.

Chicago Cutlery Fusion

Enjoy your knives, and take good care of them :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Chicago Cutlery Fusion
Those look nice! How do you like them?

My parents were nice and got me a set of Chicago Cutlery knives back when I was in college (so, early 90s). By far the best set that I'd ever seen at the time, but they are stamped steel, so I decided to "step up" recently. Truth be told, the Chicago Cutlery knives have performed great - I didn't use them very often, but they are still sharp 20 years later without much effort on my part.

I bought some Analon Advanced last year or the year before. I like the handles a lot, and most of the knives are nice, but I was disappointed in two things: (a) the steak knife handles are hollow and some of them rattle, indicating that some unintended material got left behind during construction, and (b) some of the knives were dull upon delivery. I bought a knife sharpener, but after 20 years of "cheap" knives staying sharp, I expected more from these based on the reviews. Then again, I got to justify buying a knife sharpener. :) That, and I'd never had kitchen shears before, and I love them. I pretty much just cut open bags of lettuce with them, but that's so much easier then using a knife like I used to do. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Me too and agreed. :cool:
I wish that I was in as good of shape as Ryan Reynolds. Holy eff. Even when I worked out two hours a day, six days a week, I never got into that good of shape. Now that I work out an hour a week, if that, I'm more like that douchey doctor guy. Oh, well. I bet Ryan doesn't have almost 20k posts on a forum - take that! :D :eek: :( (My emotional slide into "what have I become...").

NFW, me too. :confused:
Hey, it's not that unexpected that we'd both be eating snacks. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Don't feel bad, Adam. They always do that image touch up thing now a days. After my g/f saw him without a shirt I thought I was gonna have to throw a bucket of water on her. He may have a nice six pack but I got me a keg ... HAH !!! :eek:

Nice knives, guys. There was a thread about knives (all sorts) a few months back. I'm always taking the hone to mine. For me the tomato is the test of a blade. As soon as I encounter anything but slice on the red fruit I do the hone trick and violin! ... sharp again. :D

So far I'm pretty lucky not to have cut myself ... my g/f? ... not so lucky. It's like she never had sharp knives before and doesn't know that she has to pay attention but she has learned to be more careful.

Black Friday sales have Cheryl all up in a tizzy. She doesn't know that every nickle spent is a nickle separating me from Swerd's speakers because I haven't let her in on the master plan which is to be sweet as pie and support her in any and all decisions/purchases until about a month after Christmas and then BAMMM !!! ... new speakers: Dennis Murphy designed MB-27's with snazzy looking PE cabinets. I need a local buyer for my BR-1's with their loved up cabinets. It's amazing that I know so few people that are into audio. They're all listening to Utube on their iPhone speakers talking about how great these songs are and shoving their retarded phones in my face saying look, look ... one of these days I'm going to snatch one of those phones and whip it at a wall ... look, look ... :D

"My contacts ... my pictures !!! :eek: "

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis