Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Could it be one of these:
And these are all posts where he mentioned 'Enthu' or at least what the search got me:
Looks like AVR Enthu, found what he was looking for, the post is on another thread. A member recommended Mr. Magoo go ask AVR Enthu about the 2.1.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
My point is that returning A2A and getting A4A was a good decision.
The A4A was my 1st go to, I got a text from Andrew on my cell. Andrew had been on the look out for the A4A since May for me. I almost kept the A2A. Was about a week umm ten days passed, he found one. If he hadn't A2A would still be in my setup. He made me a offer I couldn't refuse.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
@AVR Enthu , as for the A2A being (underwhelming) there are many who could careless about 2.1. A2A is a solid AVR. Unless one isn't a gamer then 2.1 is moot. Yamaha selling those RX-A2A's like Hot Cakes! ;)

Last edited:
AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
@AVR Enthu , as for the A2A being (underwhelming) there are many who could careless about 2.1. A2A is a solid AVR. Unless one is a gamer then 2.1 is moot.
Of course. Some users do not use some features. I have never used three HDMI ports on my AVR and most of analogs.
Yamaha selling those RX-A2A's like Hot Cakes!
Some sale numbers are needed to know which machines are "hot cakes". My teacher always told me to believe in math ;) There are also three new Denons under $700 with much more capable boards, working out of the box and hassle free. "Hot cake" seems more applicable here, but we can't say without seeing real numbers.

It will be interesting to see how much value would secondary market give to those machines from 2020, especially to the ones without exchanged board. I believe that secondary market buyers will soon have a bonanza of their lifetime. It will be the best time ever not to care about new HDMI tech.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
It was purely a joke ;)
I am only listening music in Straight and I checked multiple times that my center and surround speakers were actually not driven as the sound stage is really wide and very well separated.
Your up on Canada, you've given any thoughts on Paradigm speakers? I had a pair back in the 90's. They where my first intro into Tower speakers.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Your up on Canada, you've given any thoughts on Paradigm speakers? I had a pair back in the 90's. They where my first intro into Tower speakers.
Honestly I am not an expert in any audio gear at all. I am more a nerd looking for reviews, numbers, expecting specs to reflect build quality and performance before buying something. I am a B&W fan while knowing this brand is a very good one but there are a lot of good if not better speaker manufacturers. It's just I like the story of this brand, their sound, the experience when opening any of their gear (even better than opening Apple products imho), and the beauty of the speakers in my living room.

Not lying I am curious about the Perlisten S7T. But if I had this kind of budget, I would be really hesitant between a top reviewed product with something that is good enough but has the B&W 803 D4 look. As everything, choices are a matter of compromise.

At least learning with you guys I now know I am waiting for an AVR using SMPS (switch mode power supply, way more efficient) instead of the usual linear power supply most amplifiers are using, and class D amplifiers (way more efficient too).

Come on Yamaha, come on Sound United, it's time to build the 21st century avr : a robust evolutive processing unit (who said a good PC that would be able to support any new codec) internally hooked to state of the art 11 or 13 preamp and amps.
There is a market for that : ME !

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Honestly I am not an expert in any audio gear at all. I am more a nerd looking for reviews, numbers, expecting specs to reflect build quality and performance before buying something. I am a B&W fan while knowing this brand is a very good one but there are a lot of good if not better speaker manufacturers. It's just I like the story of this brand, their sound, the experience when opening any of their gear (even better than opening Apple products imho), and the beauty of the speakers in my living room.

Not lying I am curious about the Perlisten S7T. But if I had this kind of budget, I would be really hesitant between a top reviewed product with something that is good enough but has the B&W 803 D4 look. As everything, choices are a matter of compromise.

At least learning with you guys I now know I am waiting for an AVR using SMPS (switch mode power supply, way more efficient) instead of the usual linear power supply most amplifiers are using, and class D amplifiers (way more efficient too).

Come on Yamaha, come on Sound United, it's time to build the 21st century avr : a robust evolutive processing unit (who said a good PC that would be able to support any new codec) internally hooked to state of the art 11 or 13 preamp and amps.
Was just asking, I'm not a expert either in audio gear. I just like buying the gear. I could even imagine the older I get the less I'm going to want to invest money in this hobby. Not!! Sitting watching TV with just the TV speakers is like going back in time to tube TV's. Horrible!!

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Hahaha! Cheer them up. They definitely need it. Before building ‍♂ a robust AVR with SMPS power supply and more powerful SoC that will handle future codes more easily than it has been the case until now, they really need to get on-going stuff right. For example, HDMI boards. They spent millions advertising next gen video tech. It is the key selling feature, without which they would not have had a good reason to release new models in 2021, or would they?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai

No!! That's sacrilege! F::k switching power supplies in amps or AVR's. If you don't have a power supply that isn't 20lbs than it's not worth it. Just soon buy a Pyle amp. Class D sucks! Lol. SMPS stands for, S.o M.y P.ower S.upply Sucks. :D

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Hahaha! Cheer them up. They definitely need it. Before building ‍♂ a robust AVR with SMPS power supply and more powerful SoC that will handle future codes more easily than it has been the case until now, they really need to get on-going stuff right. For example, HDMI boards. They spent millions advertising next gen video tech. It is the key selling feature, without which they would not have had a good reason to release new models in 2021, or would they?
You believe they spent millions? I often wonder, how much is factored into the price of AVR'S, amp, speaker's, with the marketing, shipping the license fees. Bet it's a lot.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Hahaha! It's not my fault that devices are officially called Audio-Video Receiver.
You do not want HDMI? Plenty of fish with great sound quality around.
Lol. Where you been hiding at all day. Oh just by Yamaha!:D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

SMPS comes with their own set of issues. Nothing is a free ride.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Wonder if that's why some hear a hum sometimes with a SMPS. I've read several post by owners with emotiva amps that reported low hum noise.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
SMPS comes with their own set of issues. Nothing is a free ride.

Yes I have seen this comparaison, but things changed since this article. NAD uses SMPS in their T778. It seems to be possible to have good efficiency and performance with this tech, it needs some time to be improved but it's not impossible. It's like going from lamps to transistors, it takes some time to get the best of new techs.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
You believe they spent millions? I often wonder, how much is factored into the price of AVR'S, amp, speaker's, with the marketing, shipping the license fees. Bet it's a lot.
My Yamaha Adventage RX-A4A has been performing flawlessly for over 30 day's now. Would I recommend Yamaha's AVR's? Just buy Yamaha! :cool::D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis