Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Man sorry to inconvenience you bro. Sorry I asked. Wait I didn't even ask you in the first place!!!
Your good brother, believe me when I tell you, I've been known to aggravate some members on AH. Just chunk a snowball back at @AVR Enthu , he can take it, it's obvious he likes a snowball fight just look at some of his post. :D You guy's fit right in on AH! AH needs guys like y'all. Wouldn't be much fun up in here on AH if we all had the same gear and ideas.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Come on guys, the f#%kin' thing is half baked, buggy and overpriced. F#%kin' get over it. If you never need 4K@120 HDR, there is no good f#%kin' reason right now to upgrade your X080 model for their latest offerings. Don't give them anymore credit than they deserve because the f#%kin' thing can be upgraded via firmware. That's true of any network/USB connectable receiver out there. It's useful for bug fixes but shouldn't be used to hold features ransom after charging a premium for them. They blew their wad on a new "love it or hate it" look and f#%ked up the rest. Oh, and if I ever spend that kind of money on your product and you hand me that remote control, I'm shoving it right up your f#%kin' a$$! As for Andrew, well, he's got a great voice for radio and that is exactly where that f#%ker should be if he isn't going to put on a nice crisp shirt and clean himself up. Oh, and how 'bout running a Swiffer over everything before filming any videos. That Yamaha was filthy. F#%kin' amateur.:rolleyes: Yeah, I said it, and I have some nice yellow snowballs for anybody who doesn't like it.:D

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
I guess you are right. Just no one talks about AVRs like their use in professional manner. Every video/review/post is about games...
There are several reasons for it. Gamers happen to be vocal members of many threads. And so, they are perceived as overrepresented. Owners of AVRs who happen to be gamers have also been voicing anger and disappointment due to the fiasco with all AVRs in 2020 and deceptive marketing from companies. Reviews talk about gamers as tens of thousands of them buy those AVRs. AVR companies aggressively advetise those machines towards gamers. And so on...

No one interviews creative professionals who use higher-end models in their homes, in studios and in companies. They are boring for reviewers and youtube videos.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Come on guys, the f#%kin' thing is half baked, buggy and overpriced. F#%kin' get over it. If you never need 4K@120 HDR, there is no good f#%kin' reason right now to upgrade your X080 model for their latest offerings. Don't give them anymore credit than they deserve because the f#%kin' thing can be upgraded via firmware. That's true of any network/USB connectable receiver out there. It's useful for bug fixes but shouldn't be used to hold features ransom after charging a premium for them. They blew their wad on a new "love it or hate it" look and f#%ked up the rest. Oh, and if I ever spend that kind of money on your product and you hand me that remote control, I'm shoving it right up your f#%kin' a$$! As for Andrew, well, he's got a great voice for radio and that is exactly where that f#%ker should be if he isn't going to put on a nice crisp shirt and clean himself up. Oh, and how 'bout running a Swiffer over everything before filming any videos. That Yamaha was filthy. F#%kin' amateur.:rolleyes: Yeah, I said it, and I have some nice yellow snowballs for anybody who doesn't like it.:D
Dang I wish you wouldn't hold back like you do. Tell us how you really feel next time! :cool:

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Come on guys, the f#%kin' thing is half baked, buggy and overpriced. F#%kin' get over it. If you never need 4K@120 HDR, there is no good f#%kin' reason right now to upgrade your X080 model for their latest offerings. Don't give them anymore credit than they deserve because the f#%kin' thing can be upgraded via firmware. That's true of any network/USB connectable receiver out there. It's useful for bug fixes but shouldn't be used to hold features ransom after charging a premium. They blew their wad on a new "love it or hate it" look and f#%ked up the rest. Oh, and if I ever spend that kind of money on your product and you hand me that remote control, I'm shoving it right up your f#%kin' a$$! As for Andrew, well, he's got a great voice for radio and that is exactly where that f#%ker should be if he isn't going to put on a nice crisp shirt and clean himself up. Oh, and how 'bout running a Swiffer over everything before filming any videos. That Yamaha was filthy. F#%kin' amateur.:rolleyes: Yeah, I said it, and I have some nice yellow snowballs for anybody who doesn't like it.:D
Real question from someone who is just back into home theater : are there precedence with products that received a totally new audio codec like Auro3D once a product was shipped ? Or most of the firmware updates are just minor bug fixes on other brands ? I have a really biased way of looking at this industry as I am used to update firmware and drivers for everything around me, phones, headset dac/amp, mother board, video cards, gopros... etc... All my electronic devices are improved, get new features. But it seems that it is something that isn't mainstream in AVR from all the reaction I see on this forum.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Come on guys, the f#%kin' thing is half baked, buggy and overpriced. F#%kin' get over it. If you never need 4K@120 HDR, there is no good f#%kin' reason right now to upgrade your X080 model for their latest offerings. Don't give them anymore credit than they deserve because the f#%kin' thing can be upgraded via firmware. That's true of any network/USB connectable receiver out there. It's useful for bug fixes but shouldn't be used to hold features ransom after charging a premium. They blew their wad on a new "love it or hate it" look and f#%ked up the rest. Oh, and if I ever spend that kind of money on your product and you hand me that remote control, I'm shoving it right up your f#%kin' a$$! As for Andrew, well, he's got a great voice for radio and that is exactly where that f#%ker should be if he isn't going to put on a nice crisp shirt and clean himself up. Oh, and how 'bout running a Swiffer over everything before filming any videos. That Yamaha was filthy. F#%kin' amateur.:rolleyes: Yeah, I said it, and I have some nice yellow snowballs for anybody who doesn't like it.:D
Hey guys! Frank Zappa just showed up! @Trebdp83 about time you jumped in! You saw where Andrew said the V6A was not much different in sound quality over the A8A? Than he goes that the other's where similar in sound quality of the A8A. So, the V6A in the same class as the Onkyo Z50 or Denons 3700H? Come on man! V6A isn't anywhere near in sound quality of the Denon 3700H or the Onkyo Z50. I've actually heard, never owned one, Denons 3700H, V6A isn't close to the sound quality of the 3700H.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Kind of hard to take a guy seriously when he's using not 2 but 1 Micro Sub and telling me about how the A8A sounds....just saying. :oops:
Agreed.
AND he says “eleven DOT two”. Who does that……..

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Real question from someone who is just back into home theater : are there precedence with products that received a totally new audio codec like Auro3D once a product was shipped ? Or most of the firmware updates are just minor bug fixes on other brands ? I have a really biased way of looking at this industry as I am used to update firmware and drivers for everything around me, phones, headset dac/amp, mother board, video cards, gopros... etc... All my electronic devices are improved, get new features. But it seems that it is something that isn't mainstream in AVR from all the reaction I see on this forum.
This scenario is more a case of running really late and pushing something out the door and screaming, "Just fix it in the f#%kin' car on the way there!" From time to time, new features are offered up from various makers. They should always be pleasant surprises, not a promise that may not be kept.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Man sorry to inconvenience you bro. Sorry I asked. Wait I didn't even ask you in the first place!!!
Hahaha! It does not really matter who was asked. And you are not inconveniencing me at all. You wanted an evidence, right? If so, you just needed to put some effort, make a few clicks and check Gene's post. I even gave you a range of past pages where the post was placed.

When several other members asked about the same matter in recent weeks, we told them exactly the same thing about Gene's latest update. We even re-posted his post. As you wanted more than members' words, you pushed with the same question without accepting what @Replicant 7 and @ryanosaur replied. That's fine. It's really easy to find Gene's post. I made that effort once again, this time for you, and went back to find his comment. Here it is #924 Are you happy?

Last edited:
clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Hahaha! It does not really matter who was asked. And you are not inconveniencing me at all. You wanted an evidence, right? If so, you just needed to put some effort, make a few clicks and check Gene's post. I even gave you a range of past pages where the post was placed.

When several other members asked about the same matter in recent weeks, we told them exactly the same thing about Gene's latest update. We even re-posted his post. As you wanted more than members' words, you pushed with the same question without accepting what @Replicant7 and @ryanosaur replied. That's fine. It's really easy to find Gene's post. I made that effort once agian, this time for you, and went back to find his comment. Here it is #924 Are you happy?
Sorry dad, won't happen again. Yes dad I am happy now. I hope when I grow up I can be as smart as you. Can I have the car keys? ;)

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Come on guys, the f#%kin' thing is half baked, buggy and overpriced. F#%kin' get over it. If you never need 4K@120 HDR, there is no good f#%kin' reason right now to upgrade your X080 model for their latest offerings. Don't give them anymore credit than they deserve because the f#%kin' thing can be upgraded via firmware. That's true of any network/USB connectable receiver out there. It's useful for bug fixes but shouldn't be used to hold features ransom after charging a premium for them. They blew their wad on a new "love it or hate it" look and f#%ked up the rest. Oh, and if I ever spend that kind of money on your product and you hand me that remote control, I'm shoving it right up your f#%kin' a$$! As for Andrew, well, he's got a great voice for radio and that is exactly where that f#%ker should be if he isn't going to put on a nice crisp shirt and clean himself up. Oh, and how 'bout running a Swiffer over everything before filming any videos. That Yamaha was filthy. F#%kin' amateur.:rolleyes: Yeah, I said it, and I have some nice yellow snowballs for anybody who doesn't like it.
ZEN is the word you are looking for, right? ;)

Last edited:
OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
This scenario is more a case of running really late and pushing something out the door and screaming, "Just fix it in the f#%kin' car on the way there!" From time to time, new features are offered up from various makers. They should always be pleasant surprises, not a promise that may not be kept.
Lol, that sound a little bit as an outdated way of thinking about electronic/software. Sorry I am not trying to be mean, but if you take a Tesla, every update brings new features, improvements, fixes, same for any computer related stuff, so trying to bring AVR in the 2000s seems to me like something totally right. If I don't have the features that appear on the manufacturer advertised description, I can just return it at some point because it's not the product I purchases. I don't think Yamaha will risk to not release all these features and then to take back all the sold AVR.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
But it seems that it is something that isn't mainstream in AVR from all the reaction I see on this forum.
It is not mainstream at all. AVRs have had challenges with being forwards compatible. Improvements are added, smaller of bigger, such as DTS:X Pro by SU or IMAX Enhanced on Pioneer gear. Before new SoCs, it was challenging to choke stripped Linux on older AVRs with big code dump. Perhaps this will change now. But again, do you remember the disappointment of people who bought the last gen of AVRs that did not have object-based audio? Companies like to make a cut-off point for main formats in order to encourage people to buy new gear. It's a cat and mouse game in capitalism. Another example: LG TVs from 2019 are not getting DolbyVision 4K/120. There was an outcry from owners, but LG does not want to hear it. It's easy to add that one. They just do not want to, as their teams are focused on delivering more support on newer models.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Lol, that sound a little bit as an outdated way of thinking about electronic/software. Sorry I am not trying to be mean, but if you take a Tesla, every update brings new features, improvements, fixes, same for any computer related stuff, so trying to bring AVR in the 2000s seems to me like something totally right. If I don't have the features that appear on the manufacturer advertised description, I can just return it at some point because it's not the product I purchases. I don't think Yamaha will risk to not release all these features and then to take back all the sold AVR.
Well, Yamaha announced these f#%kin' things nearly two years ago. So, yeah, they deserve what they get for asking $3,000 for an unfinished product after the mess of their 2020 models. Again, if a manufacturer offers up a new feature via firmware, great. But, don't dangle them in front of consumers like f#$kin' carrots that may never be caught after paying for them.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
It is not mainstream at all. AVRs have had challenges with being forwards compatible. Improvements are added, smaller of bigger, such as DTS:X Pro by SU or IMAX Enhanced on Pioneer gear. Before new SoCs, it was challenging to choke stripped Linux on older AVRs with big code dump. Perhaps this will change now. But again, do you remember the disappointment of people who bought the last gen of AVRs that did not have object-based audio? Companies like to make a cut-off point for main formats in order to encourage people to buy new gear. It's a cat and mouse game in capitalism. Another example: LG TVs from 2019 are not getting DolbyVision 4K/120. There was an outcry from owners, but LG does not want to hear it. It's easy to add that one. They just do not want to, as their teams are focused on delivering more support on newer models.
Funny you mentioned LG, I backed out of get one because it didn't have Dolby Vision. It was on sale at a really nice price, 500 claims off if I remember right. If I was a hard core gamer PS5, XBox, 3 monitor screens, headset, standing in line at GameStop cause I pre-ordered a game before it was released yeah no Dolby Vision was the deal breaker. My son's both have PS5, and Sony is always sending updates, they both have told me many times that Sony takes some time before releasing updates, promised. Capitalism at its best.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Funny you mentioned LG, I backed out of get one because it didn't have Dolby Vision.
Good call. If you are going to get any new 4K TV, go OLED with DolbyVision. Even Samsung will finally go OLED and DolbyVision in 2022, after years of berating LG and Sony.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Good call. If you are going to get any new 4K TV, go OLED with DolbyVision. Even Samsung will finally go OLED and DolbyVision in 2022, after years of berating LG and Sony.
Gotta, ask, your thoughts, Sony OLED or LG OLED? By October of next year a 65" OLED will be sitting in my setup so I have plenty of time to research.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Kind of hard to take a guy seriously when he's using not 2 but 1 Micro Sub and telling me about how the A8A sounds....just saying.
I have always found his reviews awkward, especially that anonymous female voice in the background. Gosh, she never shows her face. She is like side channel Voice of God from Auro 3D :p Absolutely weird!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis