Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
Because who would want (similar) in sound quality, than Yamaha,s Adventage RX-A8A? If you want (Similar) in sound quality? then by all means buy Denon, Marantz or the much Cheaper Onkyo. But remember 2nd place only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Not in (similar) sound quality. Here's the thing, This Is a Yamaha thread, you guys keep coming here on a Yamaha Thread pushing Onkyo, Denon, Marantz. So with that said, expect a little snowball fight. Lol. :cool:
OK, bringing back the topic on Yamaha:
How do you guys like the MusicCast app? Do you use it and is it any good? Is it working fine to control the AVR and music on all zones? Better than the remote?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I never said you HAD to pass through video anywhere in my post. I said that it works well for some setups. So glad you are enjoying your new Aventage receiver.
I know brother, :)I don't have to many sources, so for Me, I just turn off HDMI control. Now next year I'm more than likely will add PS5, so yeah I'll be turning on those feature sets. We good my brother! ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ha!
I can't take anybody with a micro-sub seriously.

Except that video did sum pretty much every argument about the problems with this 2021 series from Yamaha. If anything, it gave even more ammo... but I'm not interested in going there.

We really need to see testing from @gene and hopefully Amir, too.

My gosh... I was joking about getting through 50 pages without the actual review from Gene... and now we are on pg 103!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
OK, bringing back the topic on Yamaha:
How do you guys like the MusicCast app? Do you use it and is it any good? Is it working fine to control the AVR and music on all zones? Better than the remote?
I've used music cast no issues, but don't use it for zones so can't comment on that.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Ha!
I can't take anybody with a micro-sub seriously.

Except that video did sum pretty much every argument about the problems with this 2021 series from Yamaha. If anything, it gave even more ammo... but I'm not interested in going there.

We really need to see testing from @gene and hopefully Amir, too.

My gosh... I was joking about getting through 50 pages without the actual review from Gene... and now we are on pg 103!
Yeah right huh? I especially like his take on (similar) in sound quality that the other's have under :cool: the YAMAHA Adventage RX-A8A.;)

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Nice looking speakers and setup! I have a soft spot for Focal. Your speakers look really well positioned too. I'll bet it's sounding really good in there.
Video in this post:

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
a product that isn't "feature complete" is not something they can properly review and engage to give an objective rating as it's filled with "if the firmware..."
This is exactly the same issue reviewers had last year when reviewing 2020 models. Reviewers are placed in a very awkward position with not fully functional products. Plus, if a vendor does not openly state full spec of machine, such as HDMI port speed of 24 Gbps on 2020 models, reviewers will not necessarily know to what extent device is operational with video signals from some sources.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis