Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't think it will help, my subs are plugged on high level to I am manually tweaking them to merge with front left/right speaker
A mic can still show you areas of opportunity and give you an idea what crossover or setting gets you closer to your goal.

*Edit: High level connections?? Why?

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
You are really dead set on doing everything the hard way, huh.
*shrugs

;)
No dsp in these subs... so I am doomed

Edit: Unless I figure out how to have subs driven by the LFE out when listening to stereo. Maybe the amp is able to by itself take the left/right channels and by choosing the crossover to send lowers to the sub when the front speakers aren't able to do it anymore.

You all mean it's the right way to do it ?

Last edited:
OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
As I said:

I'm gonna guess REL, a Dealer, or some other Audiophile source said this is the only way to get good music sound from subs.

Bah!

Not my circus... *shakes head
I believe I missed something because you clearly have a way to drive subs using lfe as you are mocking my setup (in a kind way I mean, I am not offensed, I told you I am a noob, I try noob setups ;) )

What I want to achieve it to add to my front speaker the 27-50Hz that subs bring to music.
If I am playing stereo music, I obviously have no lfe information.
If I use large speakers for the front, I am not able to set the crossover and from what Gene showed there is a 50-55hz crossover by default for front speaker (seen in the Yamaha RX-A6A bass management video) so it means my front speakers will never get the bass, but neither the sub in stereo
If I use extra bass, the front speakers will receive the full range so with high level then I can have the right signal, but then I have to tell the amp no to output anything through LFE cause then I receive twice the bass signal so I have twice the loudness.

If there is a way to say stereo with using the subs from 27hz to 40hz then to let the front speakers do the rest.. would be perfect.

My column frequency responses are :
  • -6 dB 30Hz to 50 kHz
  • 40Hz – 25kHz ±3dB on reference axis
Edit : could it be simply EXTRA BASS ON without using the High level input ?

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
The over-large volume control knob and tiny LCD display on front of the 'new' Aventage' receivers is annoying.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I believe I missed something because you clearly have a way to drive subs using lfe as you are mocking my setup (in a kind way I mean, I am not offensed, I told you I am a noob, I try noob setups ;) )

What I want to achieve it to add to my front speaker the 27-50Hz that subs bring to music.
If I am playing stereo music, I obviously have no lfe information.
If I use large speakers for the front, I am not able to set the crossover and from what Gene showed there is a 50-55hz crossover by default for front speaker (seen in the Yamaha RX-A6A bass management video) so it means my front speakers will never get the bass, but neither the sub in stereo
If I use extra bass, the front speakers will receive the full range so with high level then I can have the right signal, but then I have to tell the amp no to output anything through LFE cause then I receive twice the bass signal so I have twice the loudness.

If there is a way to say stereo with using the subs from 27hz to 40hz then to let the front speakers do the rest.. would be perfect.

My column frequency responses are :
  • -6 dB 30Hz to 50 kHz
  • 40Hz – 25kHz ±3dB on reference axis
Edit : could it be simply EXTRA BASS ON without using the High level input ?
Please, I'm not mocking you. I do question some of your choices in the face of conversations here and the advice I recall you being given by others than just myself.
It is of course your system, and as I've wished you in the past: Please enjoy.

I do stand by what I said, though... you are choosing the hard way to do all of this. I would encourage you to start new threads about you setup needs and goals where you can ask specific questions of the greater forum. Getting away from this Yamaha echo chamber will serve to get you a wider group of people that may give you advice you won't get here in this thread.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Please, I'm not mocking you. I do question some of your choices in the face of conversations here and the advice I recall you being given by others than just myself.
It is of course your system, and as I've wished you in the past: Please enjoy.

I do stand by what I said, though... you are choosing the hard way to do all of this. I would encourage you to start new threads about you setup needs and goals where you can ask specific questions of the greater forum. Getting away from this Yamaha echo chamber will serve to get you a wider group of people that may give you advice you won't get here in this thread.
Maybe mocking isn’t the word I translate/understand correctly (I mean you were gently disagreeing with me : and you were soooo right).
I removed high level, set extra bass to on, set subwoofers in stereo mode, maxed out the lfe input volume on the subs and the proper crossover. It’s just a perfect integration made by the amp ! Yamaha 1 - Rel high level 0

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
If speakers are set to small if you click on the individual speakers say Front , Center , surround does it no give you the choice of crossover for them to send the low signal to your subs .

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
If speakers are set to small if you click on the individual speakers say Front , Center , surround does it no give you the choice of crossover for them to send the low signal to your subs .
Yes but NEVER use extra bass with speakers set to small. So I can’t

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
As guys told me : high level is maybe interesting for a pure stereo setup but now I tried pure LFE subwoofer management by the Amp with extra bass set to on, I will remove the high level cable. Yamaha manages the subs and integrate them perfectly. London Grammar sounds amazing, Art Pepper sounds amazing, everything sounds correct, not overshooting bass

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
I would encourage you to start new threads about you setup needs and goals where you can ask specific questions of the greater forum. Getting away from this Yamaha echo chamber will serve to get you a wider group of people that may give you advice you won't get here in this thread.
Not to be mean but I would have to agree. Your updated walk throughs of your setup are getting too far away from what this specific thread is intended for (Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features). You would be better served to start your own thread on your specific journey and results.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Not to be mean but I would have to agree. Your updated walk throughs of your setup are getting too far away from what this specific thread is intended for (Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features). You would be better served to start your own thread on your specific journey and results.
Yes you are right I will focus on what’s specific to the RX-A8A. I stop about my specific setup posts by just saying stereo music with extra bass on and subwoofer set as left+right sounds amazing, blend perfectly the subs with the front speakers.
Sorry guys.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yes you are right I will focus on what’s specific to the RX-A8A. I stop about my specific setup posts by just saying stereo music with extra bass on and subwoofer set as left+right sounds amazing, blend perfectly the subs with the front speakers.
Sorry guys.
Enjoy your setup the way You like it. No need for apologies you've done no harm.

diablo676

diablo676

Junior Audioholic
Sorry guys.
Nah, you have kept us (or at least me) interested in what you have been doing. :)

I just keep coming back here to see if any firmwre has arrived or Gene says something new. Those things rarely happen.

And you are helping in this 2.1 stuff.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Nah, you have kept us (or at least me) interested in what you have been doing. :)

I just keep coming back here to see if any firmwre has arrived or Gene says something new. Those things rarely happen.

Lol I am checking the firmware way to often too ;)

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic

I'll bet if ask him nicely he can send the link to his specific thread and you can monitor his journey.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis