Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

diablo676

diablo676

Junior Audioholic
Fanboy here!!! *LMFAO* Sorry couldn't resist. Has Gene finished and published the review?
Well I must be a fan of Yamaha, seeing as I have two AVRs in use plus the 803 stereo amp - and two old ones as spare in a cupboard. Though not compared Yamaha to other brands for a few years. But, switching to 'fanboy' mode for a moment, now I've got my A8A properly set up in the cinema room it sounds absolutely bloody fantastic! :D
<fanboy mode off>

I'm keenly awaiting the firmware upgrade for Auro 3D, which someone from Yamaha apparently said was being released 30th November. Now maybe Yamaha told Gene there were some good fixes for other things in there and he's waiting too?

Doubt either will arrive before Christmas. o_O:):)

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Second sub : out for delivery ! You see it's already Christmas here ! So bring the damn firmware update ! It's time !!!!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, I'm so glad we don't have a couple of Yamaha fanboys here who pop into every single avr thread talking about how great they are compared to the competition... :oops:

Me personally, I've owned Denon, Yamaha and Marantz, and I think they all make more or less equally good gear that is reliable and sounds great.
It's a joke man! I don't buy into that this one is better in sound than this one. Never did never will. When set up right all things being equal they going to sound the same.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
I think they didn't have enough time/will to play and setup the whole system.
Those "reviews" are rather a joke in comparison to what Gene does. C'mon ladies and gents. There are no objective measurements with instruments used to interrogate noise, distorsion, clipping point, bass, power over channels, etc. There is nothing to try to discover what's happening around circuits. AVRs need to be stress-tested to truly uncover what's inside.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I haven't seen it yet, but I am curious what he finds. These last 2 years have been rough on everyone in the industry in general. I'm actually hoping for a good report card.
That makes two of us.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Those "reviews" are rather a joke in comparison to what Gene does. C'mon ladies and gents. There are no objective measurements with instruments used to interrogate noise, distorsion, clipping point, bass, power over channels, etc. There is nothing to try to discover what's happening around circuits. AVRs need to be stress-tested to truly uncover what's inside.
For Gene, to post up, A6A is a hot mess. Yeah something gotta be, Gene isn't gonna put his name on a article without facts to back a statement like that up. Sure I like my A4A a lot, don't game at all so doesn't matter to me. But to others that do game, hell yeah it should matter. But make no mistake something goes wrong with my A4A it will be shipped to Yamaha's CS.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Ahhh that's right mostly Canadians on this forum. Enjoy the new sub!!!
The world is small, I am Canadian, and French, and really happy to be able to say I am technically an "American" as I live in North America. We all born with a nationality, but being able to discover another Country, new culture, and to decide to become a citizen is really a great chance. When my ex wife and I announced to my parents that we were moving to Canada, they had a hard time of course, but now they are really happy about this move, seing their grand children living here.

Majorusa

Majorusa

Junior Audioholic
The YPAO situation becomes ridiculous. After YPAO calibration the upmixed sound using Yamaha DSP sounds distorted. Dolby Surround on surround decoder sounds better but still the voices have a distortion really audible. The spatial effects are reduced.
As soon as I select PEQ as through, the AVR starts to sound better with great spatial sound. And the hissing on the voices disappears. I am pretty close to returning it to the store. I have only a 14 days window.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
The YPAO situation becomes ridiculous. After YPAO calibration the upmixed sound using Yamaha DSP sounds distorted. Dolby Surround on surround decoder sounds better but still the voices have a distortion really audible. The spatial effects are reduced.
As soon as I select PEQ as through, the AVR starts to sound better with great spatial sound. And the hissing on the voices disappears. I am pretty close to returning it to the store. I have only a 14 days window.
I am sorry you have so many issues. It sucks to pay (and wait) for then being disappointed. Are there anything you want me to test locally to check if I have the same issues (but I need a very clear repro to test it, there are so many parameters and settings that can affect the result) ?

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
The world is small, I am Canadian, and French, and really happy to be able to say I am technically an "American" as I live in North America. We all born with a nationality, but being able to discover another Country, new culture, and to decide to become a citizen is really a great chance. When my ex wife and I announced to my parents that we were moving to Canada, they had a hard time of course, but now they are really happy about this move, seing their grand children living here.
I live in Florida and this time of year there are tons of Canadians down for the winter.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ahhh that's right mostly Canadians on this forum. Enjoy the new sub!!!
Ha...
You've missed that there are at least that many from Florida as well.
But rest assured, there are many from around the world here. ;)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, AH got members from Australia. They got them big rabbits that jump real high they even have boxing matches! and them cool Lil Bears that hang out in three's look down on people passing by, and they go hey Crab cakes as you pass by.;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I live in Florida and this time of year there are tons of Canadians down for the winter.
Same here in Arizona. Everyone around here calls 'em "snowbirds". The population feels like it almost doubles every winter, lol.

Not that I have anything against Canadians. In fact I married one.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Same here in Arizona. Everyone around here calls 'em "snowbirds". The population feels like it almost doubles every winter, lol.

Not that I have anything against Canadians. In fact I married one.
Yep snow birds here too... eh

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis