The Paradigm Speaker Owners Thread

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Unboxing Founders series speakers at Paulson's Audio and Video. That midnight cherry looks gorgeous.

B

Bill Willems

Audiophyte
Oh man, I've got about 15 year old Monitor 7 v6 towers that I'm trading in next week for KEF R3 bookshelves. I'm doing a little covid retail therapy and it seemed like a good idea. Should I reconsider the Premier 800F instead? I wish it was possible to go places other than Best Buy to listen to stuff in this day and age...

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Oh man, I've got about 15 year old Monitor 7 v6 towers that I'm trading in next week for KEF R3 bookshelves. I'm doing a little covid retail therapy and it seemed like a good idea. Should I reconsider the Premier 800F instead? I wish it was possible to go places other than Best Buy to listen to stuff in this day and age...
The Premier 800F is listed at $1250 each Canadian. If you are looking at bookshelves as well, the new Founder 40B is listed at $1300 Cdn each and could be a great step up. Paired with a good sub-woofer the 40B should sound very good. The Founder towers, though, start at $2250 so no comparison in price. Some people are trading in or selling their Studio towers, so a used Studio 60 or 100 would also be a significant improvement. Not knocking the Premier. It's still a very good speaker and since the Prestige line is now discontinued the Premier is the next step down from Founder and would definitely sound a lot better than the old Monitor series. Stalag2005 who started this thread owns the Premier 800F.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Think I ruled out the X10. Only goes down to 29Hz with extension to 24. The X12 is twice the price of a PB-1000 Pro but the SVS goes 3 Hz deeper. The Paradigm does include a mic and Anthem Room Correction app which would be handy. The Paradigms rarely go on sale though.
(Edit: With the PB-1000 I'm also more likely to get a second one down the road. Can get two PB-1000 for the cost of an X12.)
Yeah, the PB1000 Pro seems like the clear best choice for the budget, tho at least the X12 does come with a mic and ARC so it's not more expensive just for the sake of it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The Premier 800F is listed at $1250 each Canadian. If you are looking at bookshelves as well, the new Founder 40B is listed at $1300 Cdn each and could be a great step up. Paired with a good sub-woofer the 40B should sound very good. The Founder towers, though, start at $2250 so no comparison in price. Some people are trading in or selling their Studio towers, so a used Studio 60 or 100 would also be a significant improvement. Not knocking the Premier. It's still a very good speaker and since the Prestige line is now discontinued the Premier is the next step down from Founder and would definitely sound a lot better than the old Monitor series. Stalag2005 who started this thread owns the Premier 800F.
Yup, if going up against KEF R3s I'd think you'd want to move up to the Founder series. KEF's R series are reportedly very good speakers. I'd take a higher quality bookshelf for the same money as a tower from a lower series if using with a sub or 3.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, the PB1000 Pro seems like the clear best choice for the budget, tho at least the X12 does come with a mic and ARC so it's not more expensive just for the sake of it.
I've been considering spending the extra $300 for a sealed SB 2000 Pro and then getting a Umik mic. The PB 2000 is physically too large for my space, but if we move a 2000 Pro should still be fine in a bigger room. I'm not that concerned about the extra extension and pressurization that a ported sub offers. I know you like them ;) but I'm content with the response the sealed units offer.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
Yup, if going up against KEF R3s I'd think you'd want to move up to the Founder series. KEF's R series are reportedly very good speakers. I'd take a higher quality bookshelf for the same money as a tower from a lower series if using with a sub or 3.
The Revel M16 are better IMHO after I listened to them than the Kef R3.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Think I ruled out the X10. Only goes down to 29Hz with extension to 24. The X12 is twice the price of a PB-1000 Pro but the SVS goes 3 Hz deeper. The Paradigm does include a mic and Anthem Room Correction app which would be handy. The Paradigms rarely go on sale though.
(Edit: With the PB-1000 I'm also more likely to get a second one down the road. Can get two PB-1000 for the cost of an X12.)
Paradigm's don't go on sale, but I work with two different authorized dealers and you should never pay MSRP. Not sure your location, but if you are interested in Paradigm I can give you the names. Note: I am not compensated, nor do I have any affiliation with either dealer, neither is my normal guy. I did however get a killer deal on my Persona 3Fs and Center Channel.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Paradigm's don't go on sale, but I work with two different authorized dealers and you should never pay MSRP. Not sure your location, but if you are interested in Paradigm I can give you the names. Note: I am not compensated, nor do I have any affiliation with either dealer, neither is my normal guy. I did however get a killer deal on my Persona 3Fs and Center Channel.
I'm in London but willing to drive to the GTA or Windsor. Some great stores in Vancouver and Montreal but that's too far. ;)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I'm in London but willing to drive to the GTA or Windsor. Some great stores in Vancouver and Montreal but that's too far. ;)
My bad, I am in the US, but I am sure you would have some wiggle room to negotiate at a dealer at least 15-20%.

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
So I was finally able to find a place to demo the new founder series. A special thank you to Noah at Audio Video Interiors near Chicago. I happened to be in his neighborhood this weekend and stopped in. Although it will be a few weeks before his initial orders of the founders will be in, I was able to demo the 800fs and the outgoing prestige 85f. Even though I only had time for short demos I wasn't overly impressed with the 800fs over my monitor 11v7s. The 85f did very well I thought and if the founders are even better well then it will be an easy decision. Will definitely be back to see Noah in a few weeks hopefully come home with a new LCR.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Audio Interiors is a great little shop in Oakbrook. If you are up for a another drive, I would also check out Simply Stereo in Palatine IL. They have basically the complete line of the Founders available for demo. (I didn't see the 70R)
I picked up my Persona C Stand because they had a demo. I was able to hear the 120h, but they also had the 100, 80 and bookshelf (40s). The 120h with arc correction and had next level bass, If you like integrated subs.

120H.jpg

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
thumbnail.jpg

Hello fellow Paradigm owners....I will share my rig as well. Was introduced to Paradigm by my father, he got the home theater itch and passed it on to me and I have suffered from the addiction since 2000.

Marantz sr6013
Outlaw audio 7000X
Paradigm monitor 11v7s
Paradigm center 3
4 RSL in cieling atmos speakers
2 fluance bipolar surrounds
2 HSU vtf3 mk5 hp subwoofers

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
The woofers are x12 defiance speakers
I should have checked the web page first. Personas are completely different. The upper centre pin for the grills indicates that those are actually Defiance X15 sub woofers. Woof indeed!

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I should have checked the web page first. Personas are completely different. The upper centre pin for the grills indicates that those are actually Defiance X15 sub woofers. Woof indeed!
I was closer than you initially…..but the x15 are impressive

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Only have the Defiance X12s right now. But once I'm home this coming week, I'm going into the local shop I bought them from and ordering the Premiere 800F towers. Can't wait.

20210305_113136.jpg

20210422_111518.jpg

20210422_111748.jpg

Will post more pics when I get the 800F in.

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
From what I hear that is a really good subwoofer. I wanted the x15s really bad but budget wasn't there so I went with a pair of HSUs. Let me know how u like the 800fs when they come in!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis