Post up things that you “Hate” Anything goes.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I tried too, back in 2015 when I moved back to New Iberia I sold off all my gear. I have always had gear all the way back to teen years. Now that I’m single, I can do what I want with my money. By October of next year I will have a Yamaha flagship and a killer sub. Than my journey to the darkside will be complete! Umm maybe forgot about 4K UHD, dam! 65” and a 4K player!! lol yep very addictive! There’s No hope for me Phil! :)

Mike
Mike, there is no end to it. Once you are in you are in elbow deep. I have had way more than my share of buying and selling new gear. Had to slow things down a bunch due to both my finances and/or my health. Being single has its rewards, but it is not for everybody. Congrats on your new gear. Those RBH towers look fantastic! Bet they sound better than they look too.

Seems like I am always chasing the carrot so to speak. Perhaps, that is where all of the fun is. @3db is a BIG time Yammy fan. He can be quite helpful regarding your Yammy AVR. Lots of other guys here that can help you with the sub dilemma. If I can be of any help do not hesitate to ask my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Mike, there is no end to it. Once you are in you are in elbow deep. I have had way more than my share of buying and selling new gear. Had to slow things down a bunch due to both my finances and/or my health. Being single has its rewards, but it is not for everybody. Congrats on your new gear. Those RBH towers look fantastic! Bet they sound better than they look too.

Seems like I am always chasing the carrot so to speak. Perhaps, that is where all of the fun is. @3db is a BIG time Yammy fan. He can be quite helpful regarding your Yammy AVR. Lots of other guys here that can help you with the sub dilemma. If I can be of any help do not hesitate to ask my friend.

Cheers,

Phil
The one thing I have learned with this obsession is, there isn’t No in between. I was watching a Saints game on my Neighbors TVs last week, nice 65” No AVR no nothing it was killing me, them lil speakers on his TV was miserable!! Phil, my Elites are without Doubt best money spent. The sound stage imaging, hands down the best I’ve ever heard. I’m not just saying that cause I own a pair now, they blow the Polk LSI-15’s out the water! As long as you where sitting in the sweet spot with them LSi - 15’s, ok, stand up or move out the sweet spot the sound stage would collapse.

Mike

Last edited:
MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I hate the 'stay logged in' option on many sites, why the heck would you want to / need to / stay logged in? Don't you ever sleep, get off the computer to eat?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
How about password managers?

I did pay for a one year subscription over a year ago for the LastPass PW mgr. A few times, I had been unable to access my bank accounts for a couple of hours because the passwords are not kept on the hard disk of my PC, but in a cloud somewhere or in one of LastPass servers. On top of that, LastPass files were hacked at a certain time last year and the fact that you couldn't access your passwords at will made me unsuscribe to that silly file management software before the end of the one year subscription.

Moreover, a subscription to LastPass is automatically renewed and it's almost impossible to cancel the renewal before the renewal time. What I did is I notified them that I had uninstalled their software several months before and I didn't wish to renew the subscription. They ignored my notification and tried to charge me a renewal but I had paid the original subscription with a prepaid debit card, and I made sure that there never was enough funds on it to have the renewal fee debited from it. In addition, the bastards tried several times to debit the card.

When I abandoned Last pass at the beginning of this year, I switched to the free Avast Password manager, since I had been using their free antivirus software. This software also does not allow me to have my passwords encrypted on my computer. In addtion, I was unable to use it once for some reason which Avast never explained.
In addition, with this software, you cannot open the app unless you are connected to a website. That's a bummer!

So, yesterday I replaced it with the free Dashlane PW Manager. This software is rather easy to work with and one of it's advantages is that your passwords are encrypted on your computer. So you can access them when you need them. It is well rated by several reviewers including one from the PC World magazine. With over 30 registered websites, It's a rather long job of copying the passwords from the Avast product to this new software and I still have a few to do, but I am convinced that it was worth the trouble.

Does anyone of the members have had bad times with password managers? You're welcome to share your experience.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The one thing I have learned with this obsession is, there isn’t No in between. I was watching a Saints game on my Neighbors TVs last week, nice 65” No AVR no nothing it was killing me, them lil speakers on his TV was miserable!! Phil, my Elites are without Doubt best money spent. The sound stage imaging, hands down the best I’ve ever heard. I’m not just saying that cause I own a pair now, they blow the Polk LSI-15’s out the water! As long as you where sitting in the sweet spot with them LSi - 15’s, ok, stand up or move out the sweet spot the sound stage would collapse.

Mike
Good morning Mike. I hear you regarding the obsession albeit this hobby. Never take me wrong here, I am not against HT per se. But, my place is just not big enough to do much with really. Have been interested in the Atmos thing. However, I will never go to such lengths in my home. As such, it is much easier for me to focus on my music where it has always been.

I have no doubts about the Elite RBH towers/speakers sounding very good. They are highly regarded here @Audioholics, as well as, on other various forums. In fact, the RBH Elite stand-mounts have piqued my interests. There are other contenders as well. Just a very slow process of elimination for me. That, of course, is half of the fun inmho. Glad to hear things are coming together for you. Working on mine as well.:)

Cheers,

Phil

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Good morning Mike. I hear you regarding the obsession albeit this hobby. Never take me wrong here, I am not against HT per se. But, my place is just not big enough to do much with really. Have been interested in the Atmos thing. However, I will never go to such lengths in my home. As such, it is much easier for me to focus on my music where it has always been.

I have no doubts about the Elite RBH towers/speakers sounding very good. They are highly regarded here @Audioholics, as well as, on other various forums. In fact, the RBH Elite stand-mounts have piqued my interests. There are other contenders as well. Just a very slow process of elimination for me. That, of course, is half of the fun inmho. Glad to hear things are coming together for you. Working on mine as well.:)

Cheers,

Phil
Top of the morning Phil! Your point is well taken Sir! Like You I’m music first, always have always will be. Thing for me, about no in between is, I’ve had this stigma with me of always compromising my choices. Like Gene has said many times before, be it speaker or gear there is always some compromise with speaker designs. Be it a price point or where the manufacturer has cut back in order to meet a certain price point. I tend to over think, I’ll go, with my Choice of speakers and price. I researched for over three months between, Polk RTi a9’s, Martin Logan 40’s and the RBH Impression line. I have this bad Habit with my hobby of always wanting it all at the same time. So I’ll compromise mostly cause of price. I came very close to getting Polks RTi a9’s cause will they where 900.00 for the pair. Nice looking speakers Big! Bigger drivers, but they had one Glaring defect, they have a 5 dB hump around 10hz! Everyone who has them have said the samething a “Very Brite Top End!” I’m music first like you and that is something of a speaker that any good Enthusiasts would not tolerate much less audiophiles like us. Plus not knocking Polk speakers to me they have always been a good value speaker, but Polk has always been known for cutting back where Quality matters like cheating out on the XO or the drivers. If your willing to live with those compromises then I guess your OK. Well this time I said to myself, I wasn’t going to do that this time to myself by going, oh well they can’t be that bad to live with those, kind of compromise in the speaker designed just for the sake of price, and have to live with a very bite sounding speaker and go umm yeah there bite but look! I saved 1,000 bucks! Oh wow I made a great deal! So I called myself out! and went BullShit! bad speaker design is what it is a speaker that falls way short! So I finally snapped out of my shortcomings of always settling for less and said to my reasoning of choosing a very good speaker over one just because of price. I have “Gene”. and his Staff, You, “he TLS Guy” is good, very good with calling out crappie speakers no matter what others may think and “Andrew ADTG “ you guys Know good speakers and designs! I went with the Impression Elites cause of two things, what I’ve Learned from you guys and they where hands down the much better speaker design over any others I compared them to, even Martin Logan 40s. Am I happy going that route? using better commonsense and judgment with my purchase? Purchasing a speaker that’s Worth every penny this time around was the result of Not, Compromising myself because of price, much better research on my part, was cause of these things I did first. Increase my knowledge of speaker designed, Learned from you guys How to read and understand, Graphs, that Gene and his Staff posted up with their research, and said self, Don’t compromise yourself this time around. Phil for the first time for me, I made an outstanding Choice of my Main Speakers, cause I finally broke that stigma of making a bad Choice because of price or lack of Knowledge of choosing a good speaker designs. Bad habits are like character defect, once you get to the root cause of your character defect you can correct them. This time I did! With the help of some very knowledgeable and awesome friends I found on Audioholics site! Priceless in my book!! :)
Sorry Phil for the long winded post but I had to get that off my chest so to speak. Lol Thanks Phil! Your one cool dude in my book!!

Mike

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Top of the morning Phil! Your point is well taken Sir! Like You I’m music first, always have always will be. Thing for me, about no in between is, I’ve had this stigma with me of always compromising my choices. Like Gene has said many times before, be it speaker or gear there is always some compromise with speaker designs. Be it a price point or where the manufacturer has cut back in order to meet a certain price point. I tend to over think, I’ll go, with my Choice of speakers and price. I researched for over three months between, Polk RTi a9’s, Martin Logan 40’s and the RBH Impression line. I have this bad Habit with my hobby of always wanting it all at the same time. So I’ll compromise mostly cause of price. I came very close to getting Polks RTi a9’s cause will they where 900.00 for the pair. Nice looking speakers Big! Bigger drivers, but they had one Glaring defect, they have a 5 dB hump around 10hz! Everyone who has them have said the samething a “Very Brite Top End!” I’m music first like you and that is something of a speaker that any good Enthusiasts would not tolerate much less audiophiles like us. Plus not knocking Polk speakers to me they have always been a good value speaker, but Polk has always been known for cutting back where Quality matters like cheating out on the XO or the drivers. If your willing to live with those compromises then I guess your OK. Well this time I said to myself, I wasn’t going to do that this time to myself by going, oh well they can’t be that bad to live with those, kind of compromise in the speaker designed just for the sake of price, and have to live with a very bite sounding speaker and go umm yeah there bite but look! I saved 1,000 bucks! Oh wow I made a great deal! So I called myself out! and went BullShit! bad speaker design is what it is a speaker that falls way short! So I finally snapped out of my shortcomings of always settling for less and said to my reasoning of choosing a very good speaker over one just because of price. I have “Gene”. and his Staff, You, “he TLS Guy” is good, very good with calling out crappie speakers no matter what others may think and “Andrew ADTG “ you guys Know good speakers and designs! I went with the Impression Elites cause of two things, what I’ve Learned from you guys and they where hands down the much better speaker design over any others I compared them to, even Martin Logan 40s. Am I happy going that route? using better commonsense and judgment with my purchase? Purchasing a speaker that’s Worth every penny this time around was the result of Not, Compromising myself because of price, much better research on my part, was cause of these things I did first. Increase my knowledge of speaker designed, Learned from you guys How to read and understand, Graphs, that Gene and his Staff posted up with their research, and said self, Don’t compromise yourself this time around. Phil for the first time for me, I made an outstanding Choice of my Main Speakers, cause I finally broke that stigma of making a bad Choice because of price or lack of Knowledge of choosing a good speaker designs. Bad habits are like character defect, once you get to the root cause of your character defect you can correct them. This time I did! With the help of some very knowledgeable and awesome friends I found on Audioholics site! Priceless in my book!! :)
Sorry Phil for the long winded post but I had to get that off my chest so to speak. Lol Thanks Phil! Your one cool dude in my book!!

Mike
Mike, I have owned more Polk speakers than I care to admit. For example, I had the RTi6's up front w/the RTi4's in the rear. My center was the CSi6 IIRC. It did not sound bad, but the top end was bright no doubt. But, that was NOT the only issue. Even at moderate volume levels the Polk's top end sounded harsh and very fatiguing. It literally gave me headaches. So, I understand the compromises that are being made.

Given my budget, I have had to always made trade-offs. Had a mild heart-attack in late 2015 and ever since have looked at my life differently. For some reason or another, I wanted to experience as many speaker designs/flavors as I could. None of that has changed. But, my health and/or my finances have slowed me down a lot. That is okay as I am zeroing in on my next move. Whenever that time comes, I will be prepared. Just not there yet.

It sounds like you had it with the BS and went for it. That is a good move in my book. Plan to do the same thing sometime in my near future. It just feels good to not be in a hurry for once. I also like your plan for the Yammy and a top-notch sub. There is no doubt that you are heading in the right direction. But, as I said before it never ends my friend!;)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Mike, I have owned more Polk speakers than I care to admit. For example, I had the RTi6's up front w/the RTi4's in the rear. My center was the CSi6 IIRC. It did not sound bad, but the top end was bright no doubt. But, that was NOT the only issue. Even at moderate volume levels the Polk's top end sounded harsh and very fatiguing. It literally gave me headaches. So, I understand the compromises that are being made.

Given my budget, I have had to always made trade-offs. Had a mild heart-attack in late 2015 and ever since have looked at my life differently. For some reason or another, I wanted to experience as many speaker designs/flavors as I could. None of that has changed. But, my health and/or my finances have slowed me down a lot. That is okay as I am zeroing in on my next move. Whenever that time comes, I will be prepared. Just not there yet.

It sounds like you had it with the BS and went for it. That is a good move in my book. Plan to do the same thing sometime in my near future. It just feels good to not be in a hurry for once. I also like your plan for the Yammy and a top-notch sub. There is no doubt that you are heading in the right direction. But, as I said before it never ends my friend!;)

Cheers,

Phil
This is a weird thread, but I'm getting on it. I hate modern pop music. It's just horrible.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I hate Fridays.
Yeah I said it!
8 hours of counting the clock until Friday Night.
Torture I say!

TechHDS

Audioholic General
This is a weird thread, but I'm getting on it. I hate modern pop music. It's just horrible.
Welcome to my Thread Ryan! On this Thread, you may post up your thoughts, of a bad day, or anything that bugs you. It’s a Thread not meant to be taken literally on the “Hate” thing. Blow off some steam or vent and a little. More of a Thread where members can tell of something that happen or that you saw and it just pissed you off. Or you had a great day too! Like the title says anything goes without being judged or ridiculed. We’re all friends here to support One another or just to chat up a storm! So nice first one Ryan, I to think most of what over the air here in the good ole USA is over rated, overplayed. Not to mention all the censorship it’s for those reasons I use NetRadio I barely use FM radio anymore. I do like some POP music but I choose wisely. Your very Wise for your age not be lead like the millions of sheep. Most of POP music if you can call it that has two maybe three versus plus one of the verses is usually repeated over and over I hate that! See not bad uhu?:)

Mike

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Welcome to my Thread Ryan! On this Thread, you may post up your thoughts, of a bad day, or anything that bugs you. It’s a Thread not meant to be taken literally on the “Hate” thing. Blow off some steam or vent and a little. More of a Thread where members can tell of something that to you happen or that you saw and it just pissed you off. Or you had a great day too! Like the title says anything goals without being judged or ridiculed. We’re all friends here to support One another or just to chat up a storm! So nice first one Ryan, I to think most of what over the air here in the good ole USA is over rated, overplayed. Not to mention all the censorship it’s for those reasons I use NetRadio I barely use FM radio anymore. I do like some POP music but I choose wisely. Your very Wise for your age not be lead like the millions of sheep. Most of POP music if you can call it that has two maybe three versus plus one of the verses is usually repeated over and over I hate that! See not bad uhu?:)

Mike
I see! Another thing I hate: Techno Zombies. People who stay on their phone all the time, and after you give a huge speech, there's an awkward silence, then they say, "Do what?" because they're so intrigued with Fortnite or a similar game, they don't even pay attention. You're just flapping your lips to get, "Do What?" , not worth it.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
We should not hate anything, if something is bad.... rather look at the positive side of things.

Law of attraction: you attract what your mind is set to...
Think negatively and its what you get in your life
Think positively and its what you get in your life

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
We should not hate anything, if something is bad.... rather look at the positive side of things.

Law of attraction: you attract what your mind is set to...
Think negatively and its what you get in your life
Think positively and its what you get in your life
I like that. I like positive customers much more than negative. I like solutions more than problems. I like redheads more than blonds.

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Just a note to everyone who has or thinking of posting. This Thread isn’t meant to be taken “literally” the Hate thing that is. No it’s Never good to hate. Thread is meant to blow off steam or just to chat about something that is a Pet peeve or something that Rubs you the wrong way or something that was a good thing that happen, Again any kind of “Real Hate” isn’t good for anyone! Real Hate only Destroys the person that Suffer from that.

Mike

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I hate that my radiator cracked and I have to put a nice, new, more efficient, all aluminum radiator in.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I hate that my radiator cracked and I have to put a nice, new, more efficient, all aluminum radiator in.
I changed out my radiator last year got it off of Amazon for under 60 bucks replaced it myself. Local part store wanted over 100 bucks for the same radiator.

Mike

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
But, most of the time, that kind of replacement costs less than when a speaker cracks for one reason or another, as it was not specifically designed to crack with time like a car radiator. :D

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
This reminds me of a rant I posted some years ago, Thanksgiving Audioholic Rant.

We used to see posts about "What Grinds my Gears". They were similar to "Things I Hate". Maybe that would be a name that avoided using the word Hate.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
This reminds me of a rant I posted some years ago, Thanksgiving Audioholic Rant.

We used to see posts about "What Grinds my Gears". They were similar to "Things I Hate". Maybe that would be a name that avoided using the word Hate.
Thanks Swerd! You think one of the MODs could change up the Thread title? that would be great! It’s got a much better ring to a good title for sure.

Mike

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Right now I'm hating Amazon! Is it just me or are they getting too lazy to deliver things to my front door? They sure make it easy to order crap but the actual delivery component seems to elude them. I bought ONE dvd, supposed to be delivered Thursday, got home from work, did not receive item, checked Amazon website, my item was sent to 'a secure location' and I translate that to mean driver is too lazy and stupid to find my apartment. :mad:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis