Post up things that you “Hate” Anything goes.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Right now I'm hating Amazon! Is it just me or are they getting too lazy to deliver things to my front door? They sure make it easy to order crap but the actual delivery component seems to elude them. I bought ONE dvd, supposed to be delivered Thursday, got home from work, did not receive item, checked Amazon website, my item was sent to 'a secure location' and I translate that to mean driver is too lazy and stupid to find my apartment. :mad:
They Amazon did the same thing to me, I tracked my Package Blu-ray movie, said the same thing, it was dropped off at my local post office and was delivered the the next day by USPS. So maybe that’s what they did for your package?

Mike

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
They Amazon did the same thing to me, I tracked my Package Blu-ray movie, said the same thing, it was dropped off at my local post office and was delivered the the next day by USPS. So maybe that’s what they did for your package?

Mike
I used their 'chat support' and Amazon said my order was returned to the shipping facility. Could be the driver could not find my apartment being this is a large complex, however I think he/she was just too lazy or stupid to be able to find my address, there is a DIRECTORY and Leasing Office outside the security gate, the driver could have asked for directions! I've see packages at my neighbor's door from AMAZON so I know at least one Bezos employee has a brain.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I used their 'chat support' and Amazon said my order was returned to the shipping facility. Could be the driver could not find my apartment being this is a large complex, however I think he/she was just too lazy or stupid to be able to find my address, there is a DIRECTORY and Leasing Office outside the security gate, the driver could have asked for directions! I've see packages at my neighbor's door from AMAZON so I know at least one Bezos employee has a brain.
Oh No doubt, I have had a two Packages not get delivered, even got text saying it was delivered but it wasn’t, Amazon give me the Choice of reshipping or refund. Thing is I was home all day. My thoughts where, Delivered to wrong address or someone stole it off my doorstep or the driver ripped me and Amazon off.

Mike

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Oh No doubt, I have had a two Packages not get delivered, even got text saying it was delivered but it wasn’t, Amazon give me the Choice of reshipping or refund. Thing is I was home all day. My thoughts where, Delivered to wrong address or someone stole it off my doorstep or the driver ripped me and Amazon off.

Mike
That might have happened in my case, I checked my bank account today and Amazon did refund the extra delivery charge, at least they try to make it right. Their delivery function obviously needs to improve if they want to maintain customers.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Right now I'm hating Amazon! Is it just me or are they getting too lazy to deliver things to my front door? They sure make it easy to order crap but the actual delivery component seems to elude them. I bought ONE dvd, supposed to be delivered Thursday, got home from work, did not receive item, checked Amazon website, my item was sent to 'a secure location' and I translate that to mean driver is too lazy and stupid to find my apartment. :mad:
I had an issue with amazon.co.uk, I sent an email to Jeff Bezos complaining about the situation, next day I got a phone call from the director of customer service in Europe offering me a £50 payback a for a product Amazon never shipped. Neefdless to say I am a continuing Amazon customer.

There are only solutions

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
How about password managers?

I did pay for a one year subscription over a year ago for the LastPass PW mgr. A few times, I had been unable to access my bank accounts for a couple of hours because the passwords are not kept on the hard disk of my PC, but in a cloud somewhere or in one of LastPass servers. On top of that, LastPass files were hacked at a certain time last year and the fact that you couldn't access your passwords at will made me unsuscribe to that silly file management software before the end of the one year subscription.

Moreover, a subscription to LastPass is automatically renewed and it's almost impossible to cancel the renewal before the renewal time. What I did is I notified them that I had uninstalled their software several months before and I didn't wish to renew the subscription. They ignored my notification and tried to charge me a renewal but I had paid the original subscription with a prepaid debit card, and I made sure that there never was enough funds on it to have the renewal fee debited from it. In addition, the bastards tried several times to debit the card.

When I abandoned Last pass at the beginning of this year, I switched to the free Avast Password manager, since I had been using their free antivirus software. This software also does not allow me to have my passwords encrypted on my computer. In addtion, I was unable to use it once for some reason which Avast never explained.
In addition, with this software, you cannot open the app unless you are connected to a website. That's a bummer!

So, yesterday I replaced it with the free Dashlane PW Manager. This software is rather easy to work with and one of it's advantages is that your passwords are encrypted on your computer. So you can access them when you need them. It is well rated by several reviewers including one from the PC World magazine. With over 30 registered websites, It's a rather long job of copying the passwords from the Avast product to this new software and I still have a few to do, but I am convinced that it was worth the trouble.

Does anyone of the members have had bad times with password managers? You're welcome to share your experience.
I am using keepassx on windows stored onto googledrive, on mobile I use keepass2android reading the same googledrive file. I only do updates on PC, but passwords are always with me also on mobile. 100% free on as many devices as you want and it works, if you do have a gazillion passwords, like me!

Never failed me once, touch wood

It allows me to have super complex passwords impossible to crack, something that would take a supercomputer 8 sextillion years to crack

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Man I hate the fact that when some speakers are driven to -10dB you can fry the upper drivers! Even on RBH speakers! Man I hate that! Lol. They where sooo sweet till they couldn’t handle a Gain of +4 @ 16.0kHz Q 1.000! That’s I what get for not going back into
My Manual setup to bring all the Gains back down. Oh by the way, I had my Manual EQ set that way for my cheap Polk M70’s,s. S.$t happens. Dam the bad luck uhu.

By the way I have No Buyers Remorse what so ever with my Impression Elite speakers!! Still the best sounding speakers to date that I have ever Purchased

Mike

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Man I hate the fact that when some speakers are driven to -10dB you can fry the upper drivers! Even on RBH speakers! Man I hate that! Lol. They where sooo sweet till they couldn’t handle a Gain of +4 @ 16.0kHz Q 1.000! That’s what get for not going back into
My Manual setup to bring all the Gains back down. Oh by the way, I had my Manual EQ set that way for my cheap Polk M70’s,s. S.$t happens. Dam the bad luck uhu.

By the way I have No Buyers Remorse what so ever with my Impression Elite speakers!! Still the best sounding speakers to date that I have ever Purchased

Mike
Sorry that happened to you. Hopefully RBH can help.

You can set max volume on the Yamaha so it can’t get to -10 next time. I have mine set at max of -15 because my dogs lay on the remotes sometimes. My TiVo RF remotes are always getting the volume cranked. The other day my GF had the remote backwards and it went up to the max. LOL. :)

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Sorry that happened to you. Hopefully RBH can help.

You can set max volume on the Yamaha so it can’t get to -10 next time. I have mine set at max of -15 because my dogs lay on the remotes sometimes. My TiVo RF remotes are always getting the volume cranked. The other day my GF had the remote backwards and it went up to the max. LOL. :)
No need to set max volume, I was trying to get to a “my” Reference setting. I just forgot to bring all the Gains down. When I did go into settings for EQ, and saw where they where set for my cheap Polk M70’s I was like :(. That’s a high gain +4.0 @ 16.0dB. Plus I had Tone Control set to +3.5 for Treble. Cheap Polk M70’s can handle that at -15 to -8dB @ Volume. Guess my Shiny new piano black Elites couldn’t. So with that said the Distortion isn’t bad at -18 and backup. I’ll live with that till I can replace the drivers @ my Expense. Sh...t happens man just forgot to go back into Manual EQ settings. That was a very HOT topend I was running on them Elites. Ouch! Burning drivers can be fun ya know! Didn’t smoke them, just Scorched voice coils! Lolo.

Mike

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
No need to set max volume, I was trying to get to a “my” Reference setting. I just forgot to bring all the Gains down. When I did go into settings for EQ, and saw where they where set for my cheap Polk M40’s I was like :(. That’s a high gain +4.0 @ 16.0dB. Plus I had Tone Control set to +3.5 for Treble. Cheap Polk M70’s can handle that at -15 to -8dB @ Volume. Guess my Shiny new piano black Elites couldn’t. So with that said the Distortion isn’t bad at -18 and backup. I’ll live with that till I can replace the drivers @ my Expense. Sh...t happens man just forgot to go back into Manual EQ settings. That was a very HOT topend I was running on them Elites. Ouch! Burning drivers can be fun ya know! Didn’t smoke them, just Scorched voice coils! Lolo.

Mike
They din't have hemp cones? :D

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
On a lighter note, I just have to ask. Mike, I did not know you was in the pizza business. What a selection you have there Mike. Take a look for yourself:

http://www.wildmikesultimatepizza.com/

No really, I came across one of these at my local Walmart. Decided to pick one up and give it a try. Have to admit that I did think of you "Wild" Mike when I did...........LOL!!!! :p That is the reason I bought it. Needless to say, it was not bad at all for a frozen pizza! :eek: Good job Bro! ;)

Cheers,

Phil
Try the califoria pizza kitchen frozens, pretty awesome!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thats where my wife gets em, good ole wallyworld!
Thanks I will certainly check it out. Chances are real good I will be there before the weekend is up. But, I do try to avoid going to Walmart as much as I can.......LOL!!!! Back to some Zeppelin! :cool:

Cheers,

Phil

TechHDS

Audioholic General
On a lighter note, I just have to ask. Mike, I did not know you was in the pizza business. What a selection you have there Mike. Take a look for yourself:

http://www.wildmikesultimatepizza.com/

No really, I came across one of these at my local Walmart. Decided to pick one up and give it a try. Have to admit that I did think of you "Wild" Mike when I did...........LOL!!!! :p That’s the reason I bought it. Needless to say, it was not bad at all for a frozen pizza! :eek: Good job Bro! ;)

Cheers,
Phil
Top of the Evening! Wild Mike pizzas uhu? Gotta ring to it. Now if you said you picked up a Mike’s, Wild -ManSized Pizza, that would be a Fully loaded with all the meats, 4 Cheeses, supreme style with the Rising crust! in the Box would be a lil Packet of Tabasco sauce! Not the mild. The Tabasco sauce jalapeño. It would be a 20” size! It also would come with Baby wipes to wipe the tears from your eyes. That’s about how Hot my drivers where feeling before I had Realized I had the gains jacked up on my Manual setting XO!! I’m not crying to much, I Slept some last night. But boy! I sure used some Choice cuss words on myself! lol

Mike

TechHDS

Audioholic General
They din't have hemp cones? :D
Lol, yeah that should be one of the Emoji’s :oops: but only Gene could use the Conehead emoji! Since it’s Gene’s website, I feel that the Honor of Placing that on anyone’s post or Thread. Or He should be the only one who could remove it to. ;)

Mike

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Top of the Evening! Wild Mike pizzas uhu? Gotta ring to it. Now if you said you picked up a Mike’s, Wild -ManSized Pizza, that would be a Fully loaded with all the meats, 4 Cheeses, supreme style with the Rising crust! in the Box would be a lil Packet of Tabasco sauce! Not the mild. The Tabasco sauce jalapeño. It would be a 20” size! It also would come with Baby wipes to wipe the tears from your eyes. That’s about how Hot my drivers where feeling before I had Realized I had the gains jacked up on my Manual setting XO!! I’m not crying to much, I Slept some last night. But boy! I sure used some Choice cuss words on myself! lol

Mike
Mike, the pizza weighed more than 2-lbs! :eek: Not bad for a frozen pizza if you ask me. I just cracked up out loud when I seen this at Walmart. Thought that I would mention it in the hopes that you laughed as well. :p Like you, I like lots of cheese and/or toppings. But, I can not handle the hot stuff. As much as I like it, lets just say it doesn't like me. ;) Good evening to you as well!

Cheers,

Phil

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Mike, the pizza weighed more than 2-lbs! :eek: Not bad for a frozen pizza if you ask me. I just cracked up out loud when I seen this at Walmart. Thought that I would mention it in the hopes that you laughed as well. :p Like you, I like lots of cheese and/or toppings. But, I can not handle the hot stuff. As much as I like it, lets just say it doesn't like me. ;) Good evening to you as well!

Cheers,

Phil
Yep ole Mike can be fun to hang with. I do, do some of the funniest things. At my age with all the Chilled out time I have. Love to Entertain myself or for others at my expense I don’t have any problem with that. Let me know how that pizza tasted. Seems like a tasty pie. Have a good rest of the day Phil.

Mike

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yep ole Mike can be fun to hang with. I do, do some of the funniest things. At my age with all the Chilled out time I have. Love to Entertain myself or for others at my expense I don’t have any problem with that. Let me know how that pizza tasted. Seems like a tasty pie. Have a good rest of the day Phil.

Mike
Ummm already ate it.......LOL!!!! It did make my blood sugar go way up. Most of which, was b/c of the thick crust. I honestly do not eat a lot of frozen pizza. But, every now and again I will on those nights I just don't feel like getting out. Of course, I could order for delivery, but that is a bit too expensive. Being an el cheapo, I usually just go eat at the buffet albeit CiCi's. It is very good AND very cheap! Just the kind of recipe I look for.....LOL!!! :eek:

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis