You know you are an old fart when...

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I thought this would be fun for us old-timers to reminisce over how things have changed, especially things that would totally surprise a young adult!

I'll start with this:

You know you're an old fart when you wonder why there is no touch-up paint in the glovebox of your new car!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
You know you're an old fart if you still wonder why your car came without a real spare tire.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
You know you're an old fart when teenagers give you a puzzled look after you tell them to "dial" a phone number.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
You know you're an old fart when you remember piezoelectric cartridges with steel needles you had to replace every few record playings. That was well before the sapphire and diamond tip styli came on the market!

Last edited:
Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
You know you're an old fart when...

You see ping pong balls and think about Mr. Moose terrorizing Captain Kangaroo with them...

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
You know you're an old fart when you remember piezoelectric cartridges with steel needles you had to replace every few record playings. That was well before the sapphire and diamond tip styli came on the market!
Imposter! Not old and senile enough. Those electric pickups were moving iron. The piezos came later.

I had an HMV pick up that took steel or fiber needles, just like this one.

Then I graduated to an Acos Black Shadow. That was piezo and you changed the cartridge that slid on and off the arm for 78 or LP. I can't find a picture of those anywhere.

The early piezos mostly looked like this Acos/Cosmacord.

To truly be an old fart you had to turn a big handle to wind the spring, which I did.

W

Winkleswizard

Audioholic
Remember when there were only 3 or 4 channels on TV...

You can say you saw the lunar landing live...

You know what a DEC minicomputer is?

You still think PDA means Personal Digital Assistant. Can you say Palm Pilot?

Ww

Last edited:
nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
I used to watch the Apollo launches lying on my roof at night. Still remember watching the landing on TV with Walter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Who would have thought that 1972 would be the last year for a man to walk on the moon!
6 manned Landings in 3 years and then no more!
Don't you start! :D:D:D

I think millennials can't do anything right. A N Y T H I N G! And they wear their indoctrination so proudly on their shoulders as if that's going to spare them the effects...o_O Like "So what all my e-mails get scanned, I have nothing to hide!!" Idiots.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Don't you start! :D:D:D

I think millennials can't do anything right. A N Y T H I N G! And they wear their indoctrination so proudly on their shoulders as if that's going to spare them the effects...o_O Like "So what all my e-mails get scanned, I have nothing to hide!!" Idiots.
Well, I'm not sure how you go from putting the kabash on moon landings 46 years ago to millennials, but oookaaaay.:)

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
You know you're an old fart when you watched Dan Briggs and Jim Phelps get their mission from the 'Secretary' on practically every non-digital recording medium in the original Mission: Impossible.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis