Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You're probably right, they probably wouldn't sound horrible.
Yeah. I mean we know that Auro3D is channel-based, not object-based like ATMOS and DTSX. So theoretically they are incompatible. But we’re talking about SURROUND sound, not the main front 3 speakers. So it might not sound as good, but I don’t see it sounding bad.

We need someone to play an Auro3D movie using only ATMOS speakers on the ceiling. They just have to buy them online from Europe since they don’t sell Auro3D movies in North America. :D

P

Penne

Audiophyte
@3db I noticed that you own a number of PSB Image speakers. I am considering a change of my current Snell CR.5 center and Snell SR.5 surrounds to better match my Snell C/V fronts. From the specs, the PSB Imagine XC center could be a good match thanks to its relatively flat FR and a good bass extension. Do you like your PSBs and would you recommend them? Any deficiencies or issues with them, in your opinion?
Reply to an old post:
Hi,
I saw in an old post that you were considering replacing your Snell CR.5 center.
I am looking for a matching center to my E5.mk2 from Snell, so if you still own the CR5 and are interested in selling - please let me know

Best regards
Per-Anders
pa-70@hotmail.com

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Firmware Update ?!?

Currently installing, don't find anything about a new firmware after the 1.80

Edit : It's the 1.93 firmware

Edit2 :

Ver.1.93
release date
March 15, 2023
Update details
  • Improved stability of MusicCast connection and playback
  • Fixed minor bugs associated with updating some streaming services
  • Other operational stability improvements

Last edited:
AllenB

AllenB

Enthusiast
Firmware update 1.93 did create a problem for my A6A. It no longer received audio from the LG TV (via ARC HDMI).
A Factory Reset solved the problem. “Video Initialization” may have been enough, but I used “All Initialization.”
Then in redoing all all the settings, I was glad I’d created a single-page cheat-sheet describing where all the settings are found. Attached in case it’s useful to anyone else. (You may need to adjust it to find on one page if you’re not using A4.)

Attachments

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
I lost my remote for my A8A while moving. Does anyone know where I can buy a new one? I am from Ontario, Canada

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I lost my remote for my A8A while moving. Does anyone know where I can buy a new one? I am from Ontario, Canada
Probably eBay or contact Yamaha customer support.

You don’t like using the Yamaha MusicCast WiFi remote?

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Probably eBay or contact Yamaha customer support.

You don’t like using the Yamaha MusicCast WiFi remote?
I like the app and just realized there is a remote on the app. Not bad. Thanks, didn't even think of that

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Does anyone use routines? I see routines are in the music cast app. I think it's for alexa but not sure.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I like the app and just realized there is a remote on the app. Not bad. Thanks, didn't even think of that
Yeah, my physical remote is all boxed up in my closet. I use the MusicCast Remote app 100% of the time and consider it the best WiFi remote app in the world. There’s a learning curve. But once you get the hang of it, you probably won’t need the physical remote anymore.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Yeah, my physical remote is all boxed up in my closet. I use the MusicCast Remote app 100% of the time and consider it the best WiFi remote app in the world. There’s a learning curve. But once you get the hang of it, you probably won’t need the physical remote anymore.
Cool good to know. I have to calibrate my system again. You used the remote for that? I couldn't seem to open the setting menu with the app, just the options screen would populate.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Cool good to know. I have to calibrate my system again. You used the remote for that? I couldn't seem to open the setting menu with the app, just the options screen would populate.
You can do pretty much anything with the MusicCast Remote App. Go to the Yamaha Owner's Thread. I recall us talking about the MusicCast app.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Would you guys aim your ceiling Atmos speakers towards your main listening position or straight down? My position of my ceiling speakers are pretty well placed where they should be. I can aim my woofer and tweeters?

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Would you guys aim your ceiling Atmos speakers towards your main listening position or straight down? My position of my ceiling speakers are pretty well placed where they should be. I can aim my woofer and tweeters?
If you can aim them at the listening position, that's what you want to do.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
I know this thread is dead but I thouggt I would ask anyways.

When using ypao to set my A8A. Which do you guys recommend using, flat, low frequency, etc?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I know this thread is dead but I thouggt I would ask anyways.

When using ypao to set my A8A. Which do you guys recommend using, flat, low frequency, etc?
After I run the initial YPAO, I bypass YPAO altogether because I don't believe you should mess with the frequencies above 500Hz. I just EQ the Subwoofers with manual PEQ. But I leave the speakers alone.

See which one sounds best - I bet Low Frequency might sound best if that means YPAO only EQ the bass and leave everything else alone.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
After I run the initial YPAO, I bypass YPAO altogether because I don't believe you should mess with the frequencies above 500Hz. I just EQ the Subwoofers with manual PEQ. But I leave the speakers alone.

See which one sounds best - I bet Low Frequency might sound best if that means YPAO only EQ the bass and leave everything else alone.
I am sure you are way more competent on that topic than me but in my very particular setup (log walls) the correction on the medium/ high frequencies helps a lot in making the scene wider and the stage placement more precise.
Once again, my living room is far from being optimal.
I use flat profile

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am sure you are way more competent on that topic than me but in my very particular setup (log walls) the correction on the medium/ high frequencies helps a lot in making the scene wider and the stage placement more precise.
Once again, my living room is far from being optimal.
I use flat profile
Yeah every system is different. Just have to try all different options to see what sounds best.

For me, none of the YPAO sounded good. But then again, I didn’t think Audyssey and Dirac sounded good either for frequencies above the bass.

O

ozzy_djman

Audiophyte
G'day hoping this is the right page to ask.... I have RX A6A for B&W surrounds, Rotel Power amp for B&W front speakers.. I can't get the Amplifier to play back 24/192 files from my server. I know that Tidal doesn't play master through the MusicCast app and Apple TV4K has audio streaming limits as well. HOW do I get the higher bitrate audio to play properly please. Cheers ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis