Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Trcu9

Trcu9

Audioholic Intern
Do you mean using your cellphone as a personal hotspot and connecting the receiver to it?
A Yamaha tech support called back, a level 2 tech will be getting back by email. He/she will be able to take over where the leve 1 tech couldn't. I'll have to initiate control over to the leve 2 tech. They will (Flash) AVR. The leve 1 tech and I believe the unit was hacked though the internet. We went through All setting for the internet protocol still got nothing. Even did a (manual input) of setting for internet (servers P. S).

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I'm sure you tried unplugging it for a considerable amount of time. That worked for my RX-V6A when the WiFi just disappeared and I couldn't get it to work. If that doesn't do it, I think it is factory reset time.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
An update. 48 Gbps full speed HDMI 2.1 FRL chips have finally been developed by Analod Devices. There are two transceiver chips available:
- ADV7674 - 4:1 input/output at 48 Gbps - mostly for new AVRs
- ADV7671 - 1:1 input/output at 48 Gbps - mostly soundbars

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 07-19-55 ADV7674 (Rev. Sp0) - adv7674.pdf.png

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 07-20-29 adv7671jcpz.pdf.png

Expect 2023 models and onwards to feature new HDMI 2.1 FRL chips. New features are full speed 48 Gbps, more diverse EDID and 5.1 DSD. Fingers crossed for 5300 series from Yamaha.

New consoles, graphics cards, TVs, monitors and other devices will increasingly move towards 4K/144Hz 10-bit RGB target in coming years. 48 Gbps ports on AVRs should ensure robust future-proofing for those users who need full bandwidth.

Last edited:
C

chapp

Audioholic
An update. 48 Gbps full speed HDMI 2.1 FRL chips have finally been developed by Analod Devices. There are two transceiver chips available:
- ADV7674 - 4:1 input/output at 48 Gbps - mostly for new AVRs
- ADV7671 - 1:1 input/output at 48 Gbps - mostly soundbars

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 07-19-55 ADV7674 (Rev. Sp0) - adv7674.pdf.png

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 07-20-29 adv7671jcpz.pdf.png

Expect 2023 models and onwards to feature new HDMI 2.1 FRL chips. New features are full speed 48 Gbps, more diverse EDID and 5.1 DSD. Fingers crossed for 5300 series from Yamaha.

New consoles, graphics cards, TVs, monitors and other devices will increasingly move towards 4K/144Hz 10-bit RGB target in coming years. 48 Gbps ports on AVRs should ensure robust future-proofing for those users who need full bandwidth.
Good to know, thanks for sharing.

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
I am trying to setup a universal remote control to be able to operate my RX-A4A from another room. So far I was able to extract the codes for all commands of the original remote control. During the process I was able to send to the unit some commands that do not have direct button on the remote. So I started wondering whether it is possible to send it command for "Shuffle On/Off" and "Repeat Off/1/All" as there are no such buttons on the remote. Anyone did this? Or any idea if there is a receiver's remote which supports this functionality which I can use for example?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am trying to setup a universal remote control to be able to operate my RX-A4A from another room. So far I was able to extract the codes for all commands of the original remote control. During the process I was able to send to the unit some commands that do not have direct button on the remote. So I started wondering whether it is possible to send it command for "Shuffle On/Off" and "Repeat Off/1/All" as there are no such buttons on the remote. Anyone did this? Or any idea if there is a receiver's remote which supports this functionality which I can use for example?
You don’t like using MusicCast 100% of the time as a WiFi remote control? I don’t even use a physical remote. My equipment are in a closet.

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
You don’t like using MusicCast 100% of the time as a WiFi remote control? I don’t even use a physical remote. My equipment are in a closet.
I actually like it quite a lot and use it all the time. Simply sometimes it is a lot easier just to press next song on the remote instead of unlocking your phone with the PIN or whatever just to find out that the app is not opened and have to open it, etc. Or reach to your pocket and realize the phone is left in the other room :D

C

chapp

Audioholic
Updated the A8A this morning but not sure if there are any improvements as yet.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Was thinking Surround AI wasn’t messing with Atmos Content but just read on AVS forum that a guy was always disabling it for Atmos so I tried : OMG it’s so different with and without!
Will never use Surround AI with Atmos. It totally ruins the surround.
After more tests : do not use Surround AI or Auro3D with Atmos : it destroys the effects

Last edited:
C

chapp

Audioholic
Was thinking Surround AI wasn’t messing with Atmos Content but just read on AVS forum that a guy was always disabling it for Atmos so I tried : OMG it’s so different with and without!
Will never use Surround AI with Atmos. It totally ruins the surround.
After more tests : do not use Surround AI or Auro3D with Atmos : it destroys the effects
I never tried that, but I thought that the Atmos would have prioritize the other sound formats and so they would not interfere with it. I have to check my A8A to experience this double up mix.
Since the new update to 1.80, I've noticed the surrounds sounding livelier. I think that the sound "DSUR" decoder has been enhanced. Listening to Apple music sounded better in both Atmos and DSUR.
A note: I don't use any sound enhancements, tone and DSP's. I set it at AUTO and leave it there.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I would love to be able to have auro 3D for stereo input then surround auto for anything else. But I am not able to do so

C

chapp

Audioholic
I also use Auro3D on some movies and music and like the fact that you can adjust the strength of the decoding etc. Now that Auro Technology has filed for bankruptcy, I wonder if the companies like Yamaha and Denon will keep supporting it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I also use Auro3D on some movies and music and like the fact that you can adjust the strength of the decoding etc. Now that Auro Technology has filed for bankruptcy, I wonder if the companies like Yamaha and Denon will keep supporting it.
I heard about the a few months ago, but then later heard Auro was really dead.

I have not followed up since.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I heard about the a few months ago, but then later heard Auro was really dead.

I have not followed up since.
They did file, but I think I read they were purchased right around that time. Also, iirc Auro is available on new upcoming models so,
Who knows. My layout is tops in ceiling, so Auro has zero interest for me.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
They did file, but I think I read they were purchased right around that time. Also, iirc Auro is available on new upcoming models so,
Who knows. My layout is tops in ceiling, so Auro has zero interest for me.
I bet Auro3D would still sound good with in-ceiling ATMOS speakers, instead of those height speakers, even though most people say they are incompatible. :D

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I bet Auro3D would still sound good with in-ceiling ATMOS speakers, instead of those height speakers, even though most people say they are incompatible. :D
You're probably right, they probably wouldn't sound horrible.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis