Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Because: $$$! A fool and his money is quickly parted.
Well there is this ole saying, stopping is Always a option!! I'm Out of this roller coaster ride! adios amigos! There is better things to do than just Audio!! The ride was sweet but the train has stopped.. Road Trip!:):cool:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well there is this ole saying, stopping is Always a option!! I'm Out of this roller coaster ride! adios amigos! There is better things to do than just Audio!! The ride was sweet but the train has stopped.. Road Trip!:):cool:
Wait. Where you going? :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Wait. Where you going? :D
No!! Andrew! No cookies for you this year! Stay well my friend! May you live long and many blessings to You and your family! By the way I met your brother earlier this morning! Seems like a nice fellow.

You know the one who works for the Discovery channel. He stopped off at a Chevron station to buy some milk.

I had stopped to use the bathroom but it was out of order. He was parked across the street at a Exxon station he then drove across to the Chevron to buy some milk he blinked his lights at me in his nice new truck White in color with the Discovery channel logo on the right rear quarter panel.

I'm out of this hobby at this level got way to many other things on my plate. Have fun enjoying your HT and 15 sub's and all the other gear you enjoy so much. Anything else you want to know? In-Box me.:)

Edit: What ole @gene doing lately? Still comparing electrical extension cables to speaker cables? Great guy in my book!!:)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
No!! Andrew! No cookies for you this year! Stay well my friend! May you live long and many blessings to You and your family! By the way I met your brother earlier this morning! Seems like a nice fellow.

You know the one who works for the Discovery channel. He stopped off at a Chevron station to buy some milk.

I had stopped to use the bathroom but it was out of order. He was parked across the street at a Exxon station he then drove across to the Chevron to buy some milk he blinked his lights at me in his nice new truck White in color with the Discovery channel logo on the right rear quarter panel.

I'm out of this hobby at this level got way to many other things on my plate. Have fun enjoying your HT and 15 sub's and all the other gear you enjoy so much. Anything else you want to know? In-Box me.:)

Edit: What ole @gene doing lately? Still comparing electrical extension cables to speaker cables? Great guy in my book!!:)
Yeah, there are definitely more important things in life than this hobby. That’s why I always use the phrase “It’s just audio”. :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, there are definitely more important things in life than this hobby. That’s why I always use the phrase “It’s just audio”. :D
Sure it's just "Audio". I started a new medication my tinnitus is down to a minimum silence is bliss.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Sure it's just "Audio". I started a new medication my tinnitus is down to a minimum silence is bliss.
There are so many meds used for tinnitus. It’s great if you found one that works well.

So you think this med got you down to THD+N of 0.1%, 0.01% or 0.001%? :D

Now you just need a drug that could do room correction like Dirac and you’re set. :D

G

GlockFan

Audiophyte
As posted in another forum with many cross posters:

I have had the A8A for awhile now and though I had the little issue with the Pop when changing the TV built in apps source etc. I have not experienced any other significant issues as yet. Yes, I do have a little delay like others do, and some gripes about the YPAO (generally). Although I am not a great fan of equalization and prefer the simplest approach, I have done the 8 point plus angle YPAO on this unit. My speakers were set to large and crossovers were varied, but the distances were close to exact, including the sub. The levels were fairly good, too, as I have checked with the SPL meter. I did do my own tweaking using different patterns and such. My findings as I have mentioned before are quite impressive. I would advice that all of you with these units should not make rash judgements based on the disgruntled claim by some who did or may not have tested this unit for a while in almost every scenario. I have been doing this relentlessly as I still have time to return the unit if I want.
I got my hands on a Denon 8500HA and did some tests and comparison to the A8A, (I posted this in another forum with photos). Side by side and using the same identical setup, the Yamaha outshined the Denon in my opinion, my wife's and my brother in law who owned the unit. The Yamaha had more power, sound was cleaner and more pleasing to the ears and ran 12 F cooler at same volume levels for same time.
Do not ask me too many questions, because I did not do this for others, but for my own satisfaction as I was leaning towards a 8500HA, too. Personally, I would always choose the A8A ahead of the Denon 8500, but if I had no choice, I would get one if it was more in line with the Yamaha's price. Although many would disagree with me, this is my own opinion and care not about what others think as I have both units in my home at the moment.
I think that I may have found the reason for the "Pop"
regards.
I don't use AI mode nor do I game at the moment so I cannot comment on that. Atmos, DTS X etc. all works fine so far. Up mixing of DTS and Dolby sounds good, too.
Hello Chapp, I have the A8 and absolutely the quality of the sound. However, I am experiencing the loud popping sounds when watching Netflix on my Samsung Q90. It is normally when just searching for movies. Mine also drops sound periodically when watching tv or a movie. I normally turn it off and unplug it and it will work fine for a few days and then starts to lose sound again. Have you found a fix for the loud popping sound? Thanks

H

HuberSnoobs

Audiophyte
Is it true you should not use a 4ohm center channel with the RX-A6A?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
That is a Big misconception, you most definitely can Use 4 Ohm loads on All channels. Don't buy into what others may or may Not state on a open form. You'll get hit with Denon is better or Marantz sounds warmer.

All BS, do more of your own research before posting up something like that on the open form can be taken out of context, your post that is.

On a side note I'd look into other options for purchase, if your wanting a AVR. Yamaha hasn't worked out All the kinks yet with the new line. And most definitely do not buy from a dealer on this form!!!!

Last edited:
H

HuberSnoobs

Audiophyte
That is a Big misconception, you most definitely can Use 4 Ohm loads on All channels. Don't buy into what others may or may Not state on a open form. You'll get hit with Denon is better or Marantz sounds warmer.

All BS, do more of your own research before posting up something like that on the open form can be taken out of context, your post that is.

On a side note I'd look into other options for purchase, if your wanting a AVR. Yamaha hasn't worked out All the kinks yet with the new line. And most definitely do not buy from the dealer on this form!!!!
I read the manual and it says this:
  • Use following speakers.
    • the front speakers: with an impedance of at least 4-ohm
    • other speakers: with an impedance of at least 6-ohm
I came here looking for clarity what this means.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I read the manual and it says this:
  • Use following speakers.
    • the front speakers: with an impedance of at least 4-ohm
    • other speakers: with an impedance of at least 6-ohm
I came here looking for clarity what this means.
Yamaha stated that, I can tell you with out a doubt that A6A, will drive a 4 Ohms load across All channels.

Now if your looking for specs and or proof on paper? Than hit Gene up and or PENG. Inbox them both a message for more clarity. Here's what I suggest, try out that A6A AVR, run it with 5, 7 or 9 channels.

I wouldn't bet my last buck it wouldn't go into protect mode unless you get stupid crazy with the volume.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Replicant, I would just stick with the manufacturer documentation. If there was every a warranty claim and they figure your you stepped out of their guideline it could create fulfillment issues.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Does everyone still love their new Yamaha receivers??? I moved a couple months ago and am about to start my reno on my new home theatre room. So in other words my A8A has been collecting dust for like 4 months .

I don't even have the latest firmware updates for the vvr and stuff. Can't wait to see how it works with my Xbox series x....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Gene always recommends that we use the 8ohms settings because this will cause the Yamaha amp to give you more power output (due to Yamaha’s stringent circuit protection), so that is what I do.

But I have seen other members use the 4-ohms settings because they are okay with letting Yamaha’s circuit protection reduce the power output because they feel that their speakers don’t need the amp higher power output.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hello Chapp, I have the A8 and absolutely the quality of the sound. However, I am experiencing the loud popping sounds when watching Netflix on my Samsung Q90. It is normally when just searching for movies. Mine also drops sound periodically when watching tv or a movie. I normally turn it off and unplug it and it will work fine for a few days and then starts to lose sound again. Have you found a fix for the loud popping sound? Thanks
What is your media player source?

Are you using something like the $200 NVIDIA TV Shield Pro that will allow 4K-video and Dolby ATMOS audio from Netflix, Apple TV, Amazon Prime, PLEX, KODI?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Does everyone still love their new Yamaha receivers??? I moved a couple months ago and am about to start my reno on my new home theatre room. So in other words my A8A has been collecting dust for like 4 months .

I don't even have the latest firmware updates for the vvr and stuff. Can't wait to see how it works with my Xbox series x....
I think that depends on your media source (Smart TV vs Nvidia Shield/Xbox) and what features you use (Internet Radio).

This thread is long, so I can’t recall if anyone has any issues with Xbox w/ their new Yamaha.

I think usually higher-end media players like Xbox and Nvidia Shield Pro will do great.

C

chapp

Audioholic
To get rid of the pop, I had to disable DD+ on my TV Sony 90ch (900H). You'll lose the Atmos going to the Receiver when you do this, however, I use an Apple TV4K connected directly to the A8A via HDMI to view apps and this eliminate the popping sound. The apps on the TV works fine without the pop and the receiver does the decoding to DSUR to all the 11 channels as I have the decoder set at AUTO. I do not use Surround AI nor do I use any of the sound processing DSP's. Sometimes I'll use Auro3d. I never have to unplug the TV nor the A8A, but sometimes I do a reboot on both of them and even to the Apple TV. To reboot the A8A, hold down the power button directly on the unit until it shuts down and restarts, then release it. The sound dropping out sometimes is, in my opinion, an app thing and it still happens sometimes when viewing some programs on Netflix etc. However, never when playing UHD Blu Rays etc. This is why I assume it's an app issue at times.
This is a good AVR and I have not regret making the purchase as it has been used extensively since day one to right this moment. Oh, I also noticed that the price has just been increased for the unit, too. In a few days it'll be exactly 1 year since I got the A8A. I am enjoying mine and I hope you do the same. I hope the information was useful.
regards.

Last edited:
Trcu9

Trcu9

Audioholic Intern
Issue with RX-A4A, I had the power unplug for about 3 weeks and got this now.
IMG_20221016_204352_452~3.jpg

I tried reset still nothing. It should show update 1.61. A reboot maybe?

Trcu9

Trcu9

Audioholic Intern
Can cellphone data be used to update firmware for the new Yamaha AVR's? Or is it just Wi-Fi/ethernet connection over a router/modem? I'm trying to update to the latest firmware of 1.73.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Do you mean using your cellphone as a personal hotspot and connecting the receiver to it?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis