Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You tell your wife everything? Not me, if I did tell my wife everything I'd have to get one of those prescriptions from my doctor first. Than bring that prescription to my favorite pharmacist. He knows people that knows other people. Walk in with my new AVR and tell my wife it was, Doctor ordered I needed this, calms my nerves down.:cool:
That's the best prescription you'll ever get right there! :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Let me ask you Yamaha and Denon Marantz and all the other AVR owners something. What you guy's think? I buy this new fancy AVR, think it will keep me at the top of the hill? King of the Hill? Or will any of you other AVR owners try to knock me off? That AVR should be King right? Ain't No way any of them others could knock it off.
View attachment 57390View attachment 57391View attachment 57392

Now all I have to is find a new Doctor that knows a pharmacist to take his prescription to, that knows people who knows people. :cool:
It's funny how Rotel calls this AVR a "Surround Amplified Processor" when it's just an AVR. :D

We know how @TLS Guy hates "AVR", so I guess Rotel is trying to avoid the hate. :D

Let us know when you get this $5K Rotel AVR. ;)

Oh, wait, not so fast my friend. This $5500 AVR has Dirac, but it doesn't have Auro3D! So you gonna have to wait for the next model to include Auro3D since there are so many Auro3D contents in the USA. :D

Last edited:
CreoleDC

CreoleDC

Junior Audioholic
It's funny how Rotel calls this AVR a "Surround Amplified Processor" when it's just an AVR. :D

We know how @TLS Guy hates "AVR", so I guess Rotel is trying to avoid the hate. :D

Let us know when you get this $5K Rotel AVR. ;)

Oh, wait, not so fast my friend. This $5500 AVR has Dirac, but it doesn't have Auro3D! So you gonna have to wait for the next model to include Auro3D since there are so many Auro3D contents in the USA. :D
Well as you know you can plan a plan but you can't plan the results. Looks like something more important came up 2 hours ago. Someone moved a end again. Told Pedro not to go in that Pon-pond too many lily pads. With all them bullfrogs jumping around on them little Lily pads one of them was bound to move, now he has to start all over again.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I'm Cajun also!! I'm down the same muddy waters from You and Replicate 7. From what I was told by some, You two guys are legendary swamp stompers. All I have is a old Pioneer AVR old 90's model so I can't add to the thread. Those newer fancier models are way to much for me to spend my money on. My wife won't let me get a new AVR. She keeps telling me that a newer sounding stereo isn't necessary.
Welcome to Audioholics. Yeah me and ole Mike like to throw friendly jabs at each other for laughs. I’m in south Lafayette and Mike is in Da Berry, where are you from?
If your system sounds good to you then it is good and most of us understand keeping the wife happy. Again welcome and like the screen name.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
New Iberia = Da Berry
If you and ole Mike aren’t the same person then y’all are in the same town. My backyard is a coulee that leads to the bayou on the side of the property.

Javier_FR_Arg

Javier_FR_Arg

Audiophyte
Hello everyone, new user from Argentina. I bother you with a query. In my economically ruined country, the receivers are very expensive and I am thinking of changing the old Onkyo 808, cycle completed although taking up the video issue it still works quite well for a Yamaha Rx A6A, I tell you that in my country, it is obtained as cheaply as 3000 U$D A denon 4700 is worth 3500/4000 and something better like a marantz 8015 6000. My question is if after all the analysis they recommend me to buy it or they recommend me to wait. Usage is 60 cinema 30 music and 10 games. I use zone 2 a lot to listen to music in the garden. Greetings to all and thank you very much for sharing opinions.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hello everyone, new user from Argentina. I bother you with a query. In my economically ruined country, the receivers are very expensive and I am thinking of changing the old Onkyo 808, cycle completed although taking up the video issue it still works quite well for a Yamaha Rx A6A, I tell you that in my country, it is obtained as cheaply as 3000 U$D A denon 4700 is worth 3500/4000 and something better like a marantz 8015 6000. My question is if after all the analysis they recommend me to buy it or they recommend me to wait. Usage is 60 cinema 30 music and 10 games. I use zone 2 a lot to listen to music in the garden. Greetings to all and thank you very much for sharing opinions.
I don’t think prices will go down. So I would buy now unless you need a feature that isn’t available yet.

S

smozi

Enthusiast
I have a question about the Extra Bass setting and DSPs - I know that in 2-channel mode, if the left and right speakers are set to Large this setting will send the bass to the subwoofer in addition to those speakers, and if the speakers are set to small it will do some other processing to increase the bass already going to the sub. However, if I'm listening to music with Dolby Surround enabled (or any other upmixing for that matter) and my main speakers are set to large but center and surrounds to small, in which manner does the Extra Bass feature work?

S

smozi

Enthusiast
Apologies for the additional post but I have another question - YPAO insists that my front speakers are out of phase when they are properly connected (checked many times). When I wire them in reverse, YPAO is happy. It's a little difficult just by listening to tell the difference; when I touch a driver on the center speaker and one on the front speaker I can tell they are properly in phase when normally connected. To me it sounds fine like this, when YPAO is unhappy. I know I can just leave it like this but is there some other measurement I can take that would really show what is going on? I have my PC hooked up to my TV so I can run REW or some other software that might give another perspective on this.

CreoleDC

CreoleDC

Junior Audioholic
Apologies for the additional post but I have another question - YPAO insists that my front speakers are out of phase when they are properly connected (checked many times). When I wire them in reverse, YPAO is happy. It's a little difficult just by listening to tell the difference; when I touch a driver on the center speaker and one on the front speaker I can tell they are properly in phase when normally connected. To me it sounds fine like this, when YPAO is unhappy. I know I can just leave it like this but is there some other measurement I can take that would really show what is going on? I have my PC hooked up to my TV so I can run REW or some other software that might give another perspective on this.
Hit up @OldAndSlowDev inbox him. He uses all of the YPAO settings. But his model is the Flagship A8A.

S

smozi

Enthusiast
Hit up @OldAndSlowDev inbox him. He uses all of the YPAO settings. But his model is the Flagship A8A.
Thanks - I think what's happening is what's described on this Focal page (not the manufacturer of my speakers but probably the same situation) - Problem of speakers considered as out of phase during automatic calibration | Focal - it's due to a phase reversal due to crossover design that YPAO is misinterpreting. However instead of just ignoring the warning they recommend switching polarity temporarily during calibration and then putting it back to normal afterwards. This isn't advice I've seen elsewhere but it does seem to work for me so hopefully this helps others who run into this issue :)

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Thanks - I think what's happening is what's described on this Focal page (not the manufacturer of my speakers but probably the same situation) - Problem of speakers considered as out of phase during automatic calibration | Focal - it's due to a phase reversal due to crossover design that YPAO is misinterpreting. However instead of just ignoring the warning they recommend switching polarity temporarily during calibration and then putting it back to normal afterwards. This isn't advice I've seen elsewhere but it does seem to work for me so hopefully this helps others who run into this issue :)
I only experienced out of phase on my subs so I have never went through speakers phase issue. Good to know that the calibration is able to detect it that said.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I only experienced out of phase on my subs so I have never went through speakers phase issue. Good to know that the calibration is able to detect it that said.
Yes it will, all Yamaha AVR's will detecting a speaker that's out of phase, wired wrong. Edit: I say all, that's a stretch. I haven't done the research going all the way back Yamaha AVR.

Last edited:
S

smozi

Enthusiast
Hm, I was using a 5.1 setup and I installed some height speakers yesterday (front and rear presence) and now upmixing doesn't output any sound at all through my surrounds if the front presence speakers are enabled. If I turn them off the surrounds start going again. Why the heck would this be happening? Only for the various surround decoder upmixes (DSP, Auro-3D), the Yamaha DSPs seem to work properly.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Welcome to Audioholics. Yeah me and ole Mike like to throw friendly jabs at each other for laughs. I’m in south Lafayette and Mike is in Da Berry, where are you from?
If your system sounds good to you then it is good and most of us understand keeping the wife happy. Again welcome and like the screen name.
Most of the fellow's on AH, their wife's keep their gonads in a glass jar sitting on a mantle over the fireplace. @CajunLB some good crawfish etouffee and alligator gumbo.

D

Dezed

Enthusiast
Surprised that there's no talk about the new update in here.
There’s nothing to complain about anymore! I can confirm that 4k120 hz HDR with VRR is working at full 40gbps. ALLM is working too so it’s officially ready to be used on an XSX rather than relying on earc. Works great! Relieved that our purchase worked out despite the 9 month wait.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
on my end I did finally discover what was causing my internet issues my service provider. And I had a setting wrong in Video/HDMI.

I had 4 power surges back to back and than a 5th one that killed power for over 6 hour's. After all that, disabling HDMI link's resetting Network settings.

I had relays clicking off and on, after the unit was off. Disabled CEC link's moved Monitor out from AVR to HDMI 2 in input to TV, optical out from TV back to AVR for audio.

After performing a hard reset on AVR. Didn't run YPAO. Guess what? I actually found that with Yamaha YPAO doing it's thing on top of what the record source from 4K Blu-ray moves isn't all that.

Some movies yeah A.I. really improves others to much going on already. So 3D, may be better left for video.

Other than what I've stated, no more relays clicking, no more AVR powering back on 2 seconds after powering off. Video processes 4K 60/24(hz) This A4A will not up covert to 4K from a 480i source, A6A/A8A will.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
There’s nothing to complain about anymore! I can confirm that 4k120 hz HDR with VRR is working at full 40gbps. ALLM is working too so it’s officially ready to be used on an XSX rather than relying on earc. Works great! Relieved that our purchase worked out despite the 9 month wait.
yes it did, jumping head first on an unproven/in-proved upon amp section, with a new chip hyper:rolleyes: (more power Scotty) don't overload the flux core capacitor.:D Getting 2 more years of warranty to boot and before two price increases. YPAO? The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. actually for Yamaha to put out what they did during the pandemic and all, I'm impressed still.

Kinda like this, A4A- A6A-A8A :cool:
IMG_20220827_220448520_HDR~3.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis