Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

lc6

Junior Audioholic
How does the latest firmware ver. 1.66 perform on the RX-AxA? Is anyone experiencing a significant audio gap after there is a format change, e.g. from PCM to Dolby Digital, of content streaming to the AVR over an HDMI or optical connection?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Same here, no issues as of yet with the last update. I have had some net radio issues with stations dropping out. I have to click on that station again, two,three songs will play than the station will drop. I did read that Yamaha is aware of it and working on the net radio issues. They believe it's on the network side though. Station "High on Line" is the most aggravating, never use to do that, drops out pretty regularly the last couple weeks I've noticed. I've also noticed "Chill&Smooth Jazz (United States/English) channel. After about a hour or so it'll drop off the net radio select screen will be up to all the channels I've saved, I just click on that channel again it'll start playing again. I've switched from ethernet to Wi-Fi. Same thing happens, thinking my service provider had the issue or maybe my router modem acting up who knows.

Last edited:

lc6

Junior Audioholic
FWIW, from a What HiFi? review of RX-A6A:
"As of August 2022, gaming features such as ALLM (Auto Low Latency mode) and VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) will also be supported, but there’s still no date for when QMS (Quick Media Switching) and QFT (Quick Frame Transport) will be added."
If that is true, then the release of ver. 1.67 (or higher) with ALLM and VRR is imminent.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yamaha Advantage line owners: I'm having HDMI/CEC issues. The same issues I was having with my Yamaha Advantage A1080 last year. My RX-A4A, Did Not have these issues untill Yamaha unlocked all the HDMI ports with the last firmware update. Really if I think about it, the 1st issue that I noticed after the update was when I used my 4K TV remote to turn off everything. My RX-A4A clicked back on right after everything shut down and only my AVR. That was the same day I updated the newest firmware. I didn't think much of it though at first. It now does that just about everytime I turn everything thing off using just my TV remote. Plus HDMI switch issues. Any of you guy's with the new line, are you'll having any HDMI issues? I'm really pissed! Yamaha didn't update sh&t! Sure they unlocked all the HDMI ports so you gamers can use the new chip for more bandwidth but the new faster chip which is already in there. If I'm correct, that update only benefited the gamers for the use of the bandwidth. I'm still having HDMI issues exactly the same except now older model wasn't turning on by itself after clicking off, and I'm having web radio issues. I've disabled HDMI control on 4K TV. That has stop my unit from kicking back on when I turn the TV off, of course it will there's no more link. Web radio has also stopped dropping out on me. Other than those HDMI issues AVR is performing as I stated before they unlocked the HDMI ports. I do remember stating many times that my RX-A4A was Not having any HDMI issues at all, before Yamaha unlocked all the port's. Now almost identical issues I was having with my a1080. Seems like maybe Yamaha used a firmwear from the older line maybe? Almost identical issues with exception of a couple new ones. :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yamaha Advantage line owners: I'm having HDMI/CEC issues. The same issues I was having with my Yamaha Advantage A1080 last year. My RX-A4A, Did Not have these issues untill Yamaha unlocked all the HDMI ports with the last firmware update. Really if I think about it, the 1st issue that I noticed after the update was when I used my 4K TV remote to turn off everything. My RX-A4A clicked back on right after everything shut down and only my AVR. That was the same day I updated the newest firmware. I didn't think much of it though at first. It now does that just about everytime I turn everything thing off using just my TV remote. Plus HDMI switch issues. Any of you guy's with the new line, are you'll having any HDMI issues? I'm really pissed! Yamaha didn't update sh&t! Sure they unlocked all the HDMI ports so you gamers can use the new chip for more bandwidth but the new faster chip which is already in there. If I'm correct, that update only benefited the gamers for the use of the bandwidth. I'm still having HDMI issues exactly the same except now older model wasn't turning on by itself after clicking off, and I'm having web radio issues. I've disabled HDMI control on 4K TV. That has stop my unit from kicking back on when I turn the TV off, of course it will there's no more link. Web radio has also stopped dropping out on me. Other than those HDMI issues AVR is performing as I stated before they unlocked the HDMI ports. I do remember stating many times that my RX-A4A was Not having any HDMI issues at all, before Yamaha unlocked all the port's. Now almost identical issues I was having with my a1080. Seems like maybe Yamaha used a firmwear from the older line maybe? Almost identical issues with exception of a couple new ones.
Mike, is there a HDMI setting that allows you to set it to a lower bandwidth like 4K/60Hz?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Mike, is there a HDMI setting that allows you to set it to a lower bandwidth like 4K/60Hz?
Oh sh$t Andrew, I just got up from a nap! Didn't sleep at all last night. My knee implant was hurting really bad kept me up may have to see a doctor about that. Going check now! I forgot about that if (ai);):D remember right I was playing around with all of my setting and I may have set one to 8K. Stay tuned..

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Umm, ok man I forgot to change my settings for (HDMI Video Format) in the (Video/HDMI) setting. :rolleyes::eek: I had every, HDMI Video Format set to 4K Mode 1. I remember now, I was so happy that Yamaha unlocked all of the HDMI ports. I went into that setting, just to see what was unlocked, I even set one to 8K Mode HDMI 1. Never mind fellows, walks away slowly whistling. :rolleyes:Alls good now. I just set all HDMI'S to 4K Mode to 2..Andrew, let me tell you something, Don't Ever get out of this Hobby or change your cellphone number or you better never movie either cuz I'll find you! Already drove by your hospital where you work at, talked to one of the nurses coming out the hospital I asked is Andrew working today? She nodding her head saying yes. I just stayed in my truck with my binoculars watched you walk out get in your car. Still had that pic you sent me of you and your wife. I went yep that's really him :D he really is the AudioRX guy! It's a bitch getting old you know. My mind (memory) isn't what it used to be really not joking about that.

Last edited:
CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Yamaha Advantage line owners: I'm having HDMI/CEC issues. The same issues I was having with my Yamaha Advantage A1080 last year. My RX-A4A, Did Not have these issues untill Yamaha unlocked all the HDMI ports with the last firmware update. Really if I think about it, the 1st issue that I noticed after the update was when I used my 4K TV remote to turn off everything. My RX-A4A clicked back on right after everything shut down and only my AVR. That was the same day I updated the newest firmware. I didn't think much of it though at first. It now does that just about everytime I turn everything thing off using just my TV remote. Plus HDMI switch issues. Any of you guy's with the new line, are you'll having any HDMI issues? I'm really pissed! Yamaha didn't update sh&t! Sure they unlocked all the HDMI ports so you gamers can use the new chip for more bandwidth but the new faster chip which is already in there. If I'm correct, that update only benefited the gamers for the use of the bandwidth. I'm still having HDMI issues exactly the same except now older model wasn't turning on by itself after clicking off, and I'm having web radio issues. I've disabled HDMI control on 4K TV. That has stop my unit from kicking back on when I turn the TV off, of course it will there's no more link. Web radio has also stopped dropping out on me. Other than those HDMI issues AVR is performing as I stated before they unlocked the HDMI ports. I do remember stating many times that my RX-A4A was Not having any HDMI issues at all, before Yamaha unlocked all the port's. Now almost identical issues I was having with my a1080. Seems like maybe Yamaha used a firmwear from the older line maybe? Almost identical issues with exception of a couple new ones.
I’m glad I went the Denon AVR-X 3600. Someone an I won’t mention there screen name”Mike” made fun of us low life Denon users that use a small external fan to help with cooling. I wonder if that person “Mike” is rethinking that thought? Might just be me but I rather have my little Ghetto fan on a functional Denon instead of having all of these frustrating issues waiting for Yamaha’s promises and then have to worry once the promised update finally comes out that it screws up something else. I feel for ole ”Mike”. That’s why I just gave him a little jab. :p

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I’m glad I went the Denon AVR-X 3600. Someone an I won’t mention there screen name”Mike” made fun of us low life Denon users that use a small external fan to help with cooling. I wonder if that person “Mike” is rethinking that thought? Might just be me but I rather have my little Ghetto fan on a functional Denon instead of having all of these frustrating issues waiting for Yamaha’s promises and then have to worry once the promised update finally comes out that it screws up something else. I feel for ole ”Mike”. That’s why I just gave him a little jab. :p
Man! Where you been hiding at!! Great to hear from you!! I see you figured out there's a method to my madness huh?;) You still holding down Your end of the Bayou? Cajun's can talk about each other cause we're Family! :)

Last edited:
CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Lol. I’ve been lurking and ”learning “ about switching cables and elevating them will drastically improve any an all systems on the cable thread. Oh and power cords also. I recommend it. But get some cold beer and warm cracklin’s to snack on. It’s that good.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Lol

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Lol. I’ve been lurking and ”learning “ about switching cables and elevating them will drastically improve any an all systems on the cable thread. Oh and power cords also. I recommend it. But get some cold beer and warm cracklin’s to snack on. It’s that good.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Lol
Oh you know it!

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Umm, cold beer and warm cracklin's...don't forget the boudin:D

CreoleDC

CreoleDC

Junior Audioholic
I'm Cajun also!! I'm down the same muddy waters from You and Replicate 7. From what I was told by some, You two guys are legendary swamp stompers. All I have is a old Pioneer AVR old 90's model so I can't add to the thread. Those newer fancier models are way to much for me to spend my money on. My wife won't let me get a new AVR. She keeps telling me that a newer sounding stereo isn't necessary.

CreoleDC

CreoleDC

Junior Audioholic
You talking about, Big Mike? I wouldn't take in to much of what Big Mike said about your Denon AVR. If that's the Mike I know you talking about. Last time I heard, he goes around with a fan attached to a little collar around his neck just to keep his hot head cooled off. He stop wearing ball caps years ago. If I run into Big Mike I'll tell Big Mike that he hurt one of his best friends feeling's talking about his little fan on his nice Denon AVR. I tell him for you that he owes You a 12 pack, some boudin and cracklins that should help smooth things over between you two.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You talking about, Big Mike? I wouldn't take in to much of what Big Mike said about your Denon AVR. If that's the Mike I know you talking about. Last time I heard, he goes around with a fan attached to a little collar around his neck just to keep his hot head cooled off. He stop wearing ball caps years ago. If I run into Big Mike I'll tell Big Mike that he hurt one of his best friends feeling's talking about his little fan on his nice Denon AVR. I tell him for you that he owes You a 12 pack, some boudin and cracklins that should help smooth things over between you two.
Well tell big Mike to quit clowning around on ASR or Polk forums. Haha. :D

AH is where the action is. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm Cajun also!! I'm down the same muddy waters from You and Replicate 7. From what I was told by some, You two guys are legendary swamp stompers. All I have is a old Pioneer AVR old 90's model so I can't add to the thread. Those newer fancier models are way to much for me to spend my money on. My wife won't let me get a new AVR. She keeps telling me that a newer sounding stereo isn't necessary.
Old Pioneer AVR? It’s about time you tell your wife you’re getting a new Yamaha AVR. :cool:

CreoleDC

CreoleDC

Junior Audioholic
Well tell big Mike to quit clowning around on ASR or Polk forums. Haha. :D

AH is where the action is. :D
You know Big Mike too? Wow! It really is Big Mike. If you Big Mike's friend, how did Big Mike become friends with so many highly educated people. Last time I was told of Big Mike, he just stayed around his family of Cajun's. Go figure huh, that Big rascally possum! You can't tell Big Mike to stop telling his Cajun jokes! The only ones who get upset from his Cajun jokes are the highly educated people. That's like a whole other language they haven't learned yet. They don't teach them highly educated people everything.

Last edited:
CreoleDC

CreoleDC

Junior Audioholic
Old Pioneer AVR? It’s about time you tell your wife you’re getting a new Yamaha AVR. :cool:
You tell your wife everything? Not me, if I did tell my wife everything I'd have to get one of those prescriptions from my doctor first. Than bring that prescription to my favorite pharmacist. He knows people that knows other people. Walk in with my new AVR and tell my wife it was, Doctor ordered I needed this, calms my nerves down.:cool:

Last edited:
CreoleDC

CreoleDC

Junior Audioholic
Let me ask you Yamaha and Denon Marantz and all the other AVR owners something. What you guy's think? I buy this new fancy AVR, think it will keep me at the top of the hill? King of the Hill? Or will any of you other AVR owners try to knock me off? That AVR should be King right? Ain't No way any of them others could knock it off.
Screenshot_20220818-075922~2.png
Screenshot_20220818-080205~2.png
Screenshot_20220818-075524~2.png

Now all I have to is find a new Doctor that knows a pharmacist to take his prescription to, that knows people who knows people. :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis