Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

diablo676

diablo676

Junior Audioholic
Japanese website has the new version, and available now in the UK. Though I'll let someone else install it first, this time. :)

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
I just got mine as well -> 1.59

This is what the Japanese release info says about it:
Firmware.jpg

Seems like some of you might be able to finally try this Auro-3D :cool:

diablo676

diablo676

Junior Audioholic
Seems like some of you might be able to finally try this Auro-3D :cool:
I've installed the new firmware and yes - AURO 3D is available. Comes with adjustments for listening modes, presets for type (movie/speech/large etc) and strength.

Played a couple of the Dolby demos so far. don't have any actual Auro stuff, seems similar.

I did read somewhere that Auro didn't support 7 bottom layer speakers but my rear surrounds seem to get appropriate content. That bird that flies round you in the Amaze demo goes from left surround, left rear, right rear then right before flapping down the right side to the front. :)

Main reason I want it is for 'ordinary' 2.0 or 5.1 stuff - so will try some of that later.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
I've installed the new firmware and yes - AURO 3D is available. Comes with adjustments for listening modes, presets for type (movie/speech/large etc) and strength.

Played a couple of the Dolby demos so far. don't have any actual Auro stuff, seems similar.

I did read somewhere that Auro didn't support 7 bottom layer speakers but my rear surrounds seem to get appropriate content. That bird that flies round you in the Amaze demo goes from left surround, left rear, right rear then right before flapping down the right side to the front. :)

Main reason I want it is for 'ordinary' 2.0 or 5.1 stuff - so will try some of that later.
Japanese website has the new version, and available now in the UK. Though I'll let someone else install it first, this time. :)
So are you saying that you went ahead and updated with the Japan update?

Last edited:
C

chapp

Audioholic
The update did not show up on my A8A, however, I'll check Musiccast.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I noticed the little (envelope) for the update, on the front display of my RX-A4A.

C

chapp

Audioholic
Well, it show up instantly as I opened the Musiccast app. It updated fine to the 1.59 and now I have to play with the Auro 3d and see what else has been fixed.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Well, it show up instantly as I opened the Musiccast app. It updated fine to the 1.59 and now I have to play with the Auro 3d and see what else has been fixed.
Are you in UK ? I checked Italia, France, Canada, USA and it's showing the 1.22 every times...

C

chapp

Audioholic
Are you in UK ? I checked Italia, France, Canada, USA and it's showing the 1.22 every times...
Nope, I am in USA. You have to just open the Musiccast app for the A8A. It is not downloadable from their website at this moment. Try the App "Musiccast" and it should indicate the update. Worked for me, good luck.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Nope, I am in USA. You have to just open the Musiccast app for the A8A. It is not downloadable from their website at this moment. Try the App "Musiccast" and it should indicate the update. Worked for me, good luck.
I tried but nothing popped up. Maybe not available in Canada.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis