Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
For those of us using a separate amp for the front L/R channels, what about the pre-out voltage on these Yamaha and Denon AVR's with respect to their ability to drive power amps? I saw in one of Amir's Denon reviews that the output was very good up to about 1.4 volts, after which distortion rose. Well, my power amp's input sensitivity is 2.7Vrms. I also saw in Gene's review of the A6A that the XLR pre-out put out something like 8 volts and the rca pre-outs somewhere around 4 volts. But at what distortion level? Is this an issue for my power amp?

I'm needing a new AVR and considering A6A, 3700, 4700, or used 6500.

Majorusa

Majorusa

Junior Audioholic
Ohm question. In the owners manual and on the unit itself the A4A it states that the rear and height speakers must be 8 ohms or higher. Thinking of getting new rear and matching height speakers but a lot of them seem to be 4 or 6 ohm. Is this as big a deal as is made out to be for this amp? Also how much do you who have height speakers enjoy them? Watched a video from some Polk engineers who claimed that all new speakers are 4 ohms anyway.
In the A8A and A4A manual it's like this. I do not know where you got the minimum 8 ohm.
1642061761047.png

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I play music at max level for 24h with a heater under the amp in order to get this warm enough. Then I think the fan would start to spin and I will be able to grind coffee beans, then adding water I am on something
I'm gonna check today and see if my RX-A4A has them two Droid fans on the inside at the bottom.

Last edited:
SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Crutchfield had a few scratch and dents A6As available last night but they're gone already.
Anyone have any experience buying scratch and dents from them? Assuming its cosmetic.

Torqueflite

Torqueflite

Enthusiast
Crutchfield had a few scratch and dents A6As available last night but they're gone already.
Anyone have any experience buying scratch and dents from them? Assuming its cosmetic.
They won’t sell if it’s real bad. Usually back and sides. I got open box and I couldn’t see anything

T

tparm

Audioholic
I live about 4 miles from their Harrisonburg store, about 85% of the time there isn't even cosmetic damage. Sometimes the box is messed up, every once in a while the original packaging is missing or opened and then sometimes as already mentioned there are a few scratches but not usually visible during normal use.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Thanks. The 10% discount they gave last night makes it worth it. The search goes on.

T

tparm

Audioholic
Most of their outlet stuff is housed in their Charlottesville location, but if there are specific items you guys would like me to check out let me know. They can bring things over here, usually takes a day or two. Maybe I can get on their payroll. :p

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Crutchfield is one of those companies with the right leadership that treats all their customers as family. I will pay more just to buy from them instead of their competitors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

tparm

Audioholic
No front wide channel support with Yamaha, correct? Current set up is 5.2.6 w/ four overhead and front wides. Thanks

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
No front wide channel support with Yamaha, correct? Current set up is 5.2.6 w/ four overhead and front wides. Thanks
Front wide is a feature that has been removed by Dolby if I remember correctly.

T

tparm

Audioholic
Front wide is a feature that has been removed by Dolby if I remember correctly.
Hmm, can you confirm that 100%? I hadn't heard that. The last document from Dolby I can find is 12/2018 and references wide channels frequently. Thanks

Last edited:
OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Hmm, can you confirm that 100%? I hadn't heard that. The last document from Dolby I can find is 12/2018 and references wide channels frequently. Thanks

T

tparm

Audioholic
Sorry but that has nothing to do with native Atmos formats or front wide channels actually. That is center spread. totally different and refers to upmixing 2CH formats.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Sorry but that has nothing to do with native Atmos formats or front wide channels actually. That is center spread. totally different and refers to upmixing 2CH formats.
OK I wasn't sure you were speaking of this feature.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
"Since 2016 all receiver manufacturers have dropped front wide channel support and these models are no exceptions."

T

tparm

Audioholic
"Since 2016 all receiver manufacturers have dropped front wide channel support and these models are no exceptions."

?? All D&M and Pros and AVRs, all Anthem products and also the HTP-1 support front wide channels. Question is does Dolby mix for them natively.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
?? All D&M and Pros and AVRs, all Anthem products and also the HTP-1 support front wide channels. Question is does Dolby mix for them natively.
AFAIK, no they don’t natively. But DSU last I heard, still does support wides.
The “other” forum has covered this recently again it seems like.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis