Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
It's pointless to be sensationalist about one or other specific bug. It souund like tabloid press. This is not why we are here. We have mature members for debates and exchange of ideas, testing and troubleshooting. Rubbing the noses of owners is useless. So, it's much appreciated if you could change the tone and engage on different level of narrative.
You know coming from someone that got that level of communication it's not a big surprise.
EB1000 is E..Barbie
1638822133388.png

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
I would always prefer the AppleTV against any embedded TV app
Internal TV apps, as I mentioned in the post #2,105, cannot output lossless audio. From this, all HDMI dongles and devices connected as external and supporting lossless audio is a better option, when hooked to TV's eARC port or hooked directly into AVR.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
My son games but is happy with what I have now and as far as I can tell most of the issues are in the gaming world and would not affect me.
It depends on which features and configurations you guys intend to use.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
I can tell you that with my 7.2.2 I don't have any dialog bleeding. And all amps/channels are in use as the front speakers are bi amped.
There you go. It works. My impression is that several reported issues have not been double and triple-checked for fine-tuning, as users either do not have enough time to play with it to isolate problems and exclude other scenarios.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
This Yamaha thread got derailed on the very first page
Well, we are here to lead decent conversations and maintain good culture of narrative. As you already know, I have no patience for tabloid-like bickering. Criticism, good humour and informative posts are ok, as soon as texts are not rooted in bad faith or pointing with a finger.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Umm, @AVR Enthu (glorious improvement) lol, I've used that magical lil setting, on some sources it helps. Atmos 4K blu-ray disc, I find it add's to much umm what's the analogy I'm trying use? To much (echo reverb) maybe. Atmos already had so much going on already. With older movie, like DVDS yeah helps. But I don't like what it bring to my chocolatey rich sound. I'm not a dark chocolate man. :D Also like any DSP enhancement whatever DSP thing is used over a format can help add or take away or make it worse. It's a try me out and see if you like it. Some like coffee black some like coffee with a little cream and sugar. Different strokes for different folks. I do Not like Flat sound, tone controls set to 0, or pure direct don't like it never did. I likea some Zoom zoom with my music waves.

Last edited:
AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Oooh man! Gene don't play!! (F::k off man). @OldAndSlowDev thanks for posted that!! So it isn't just me, there is some trolling all over other forums, with (Vile comments). I'm guilty of taking someone's post out of context, but I'll go back and delete or edit my post.
Trolling is everywhere these days. Yamaha happens to be in the eye of the storm at the moment, as AVRs are reaching the market and long-term frustrations of people who want to buy something are running hot. Last year, when we criticised Sound United in other fora, there were Yamaha trollers too. It's a human nature or... paid job, as I had also discovered in some fora.
@AVR Enthu keep posting bro, don't know how are where your getting your info, but it is very helpful.
Thank you. Research, research and research. And listening to well-informed and rational people. I have learnt so much on AV fora, but can also smell BS from a mile. ;-)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Trolling is everywhere these days. Yamaha happens to be in the eye of the storm at the moment, as AVRs are reaching the market and long-term frustrations of people who want to buy something are running hot. Last year, when we criticised Sound United in other fora, there were Yamaha trollers too. It's a human nature or... paid job, as I had also discovered in some fora.

Thank you. Research, research and research. And listening to well-informed and rational people. I have learnt so much on AV fora, but can also smell BS from a mile. ;-)
Yeah, I can spot BS a mile away, back in the old days , I'd tell it like it is, cost me some locked profiles. I use to post up, graphs, talk with the Spec heads, head to head. Now in my older years, I'm much more chilled out. I joke around, take my licks like everyone else when I'm wrong. Genes website is the best on the internet, his forum is the best hands down. Really good Older AH members on here. Mods are lenient but they do have their limits and will bann you in a heartbeat but you'll get a warning first.

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai

Oh yes on the (paid) profiles on just about every forum. Open market, AVS will not allow anyone to post up prices that'll get you banned on that site. It's really easy to spot BS, post they start with, l have this and thinking of going with these speakers or subs, then they'll postup a bunch of links to website store fronts.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Since this isn't an exclusive Yamaha Owners Club, rather an overly long thread waiting for a promised review (*ahem) ALL VOICES AND OPINIONS SHOULD BE WELCOMED.
If there is fault in a claim, then counter it with fact. Hurling insults back and forth is beyond foolish. AND, last time I checked, we do all still have a right to voice opinion. And if that opinion is wrong, proven truths shall win out. ;)

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
ALL VOICES AND OPINIONS SHOULD BE WELCOMED.
I would not be that liberal. There are limits of common sense and acceptable narrative, although those might be unspoken.
If someone says that new Yamaha AVRs are governmental conspiracy to get us vaccinated, I am not sure whether we really have time to debunk that. Total waste of time.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I would not be that liberal. There are limits of common sense and acceptable narrative, although those might be unspoken.
If someone says that new Yamaha AVRs are governmental conspiracy to get us vaccinated, I am not sure whether we really have time to debunk that. Waste of time.
OK... You got me. I don't disagree. ;)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
See you guys in the trenches on AH.. some funny sh$t man...lol I'm off to a funeral got a EX father-in-law that passed away two days ago so there's that. Going to support my Son's, and he and I remained friends. He was 91..

diablo676

diablo676

Junior Audioholic
I can tell you that with my 7.2.2 I don't have any dialog bleeding. And all amps/channels are in use as the front speakers are bi amped.
I'm using 7.1.4 at the moment and I happened to notice some dialogue on the surrounds yesterday. Though I was watching live sports - the Formula One race, it was in Atmos I think. I assumed it was a live mixing thing - and the voices on the surrounds were pretty quiet anyway.

Anyway, I set up two Scenes today so I could rapidly switch between 7.1.4 and the other 5.1.4.

I played a Netflix episode with an Atmos soundtrack and could hear no vocal bleed in either setting. Same with a 5.1 soundtrack - no bleed. I used Dolby for both tests.

A programme with a 2.0 track - the surrounds had the dialogue in both 7.1.4 and 5.1.4. I then switched to Surround AI and the surrounds fell silent.

I don't know what Dolby is supposed to do with 2.0 sources. I'd assume that Dolby Labs tested Yamaha's implementation to check it was correct.

p.s. I did a similar 2.0 test on my A2080 system and it was the reverse - I got no dialogue on the surrounds with Dolby - but they sprang into life when I switched on Surround AI. Very odd.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
I don't know what Dolby is supposed to do with 2.0 sources. I'd assume that Dolby Labs tested Yamaha's implementation to check it was correct.
Great testing. More tests needed and please drop a quick ticket to Yamaha tech team with what you found, to get them busy with testing all configurations and include any fix, need be, in next firmware. It's the only way to get fixes quicker.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis